Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramsey scores ,someone dies

+3
Hisham El Mawan
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Schatzky
7 posters

Go down

Ramsey scores ,someone dies Empty Ramsey scores ,someone dies

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:43 am

Ramsey scored for Wales , and then this happened:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/9950107/Russian-oligarch-Boris-Berezovsky-found-dead-in-his-bath.html

Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky found dead in his bath
Boris Berezovsky, the high-profile Russian oligarch who became a vociferous critic of the Kremlin from his new base in Britain, died today.
Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky found dead in his bath
Image 1 of 2
Boris Berezovsky was born in Moscow in 1946 into a Russian Jewish family
By David Barrett, and Rob Mendick

5:15PM GMT 23 Mar 2013

A close friend confirmed to The Telegraph that Mr Berezovsky died at his estate in Surrey.

The circumstances of the death remain unknown but the 67 year-old businessman is thought to have been found dead in his bath.

It will inevitably raise questions about nefarious activities because Mr Berezovsky had survived several assassination attempts, including a bomb that decapitated his chauffeur.

He was also a close friend of Alexander Litvinenko, the Russian dissident who was fatally poisoned with radioactive polonium-210 in London in 2006.

Another close friend in the "London Circle" of exiled but influential Russians is Ahkmed Zakayev, who was also the subject of a plot to assassinate him on British soil.

Lord Bell, a close friend, said: "He was a very close friend and a very nice man, very kind to me and to the people around him."

Lord Bell said he had been told of the death this afternoon by Mr Berezovsky's private lawyer.

News of the death was broken to friends this afternoon.

The multi-billionaire clashed initially supported Vladimir Putin but quickly clashed with the new president and sought exile in Britain in 2000, and was granted politcal asylum three years later.

Last year Mr Berezovsky lost a case against fellow Russin businessman Roman Abramovich, the owner of Chelsea Football Club, over claims that he was intimidated into selling shares in an oil company. He had been seeking £3 billion in damages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101478/When-Arsenal-player-Aaron-Ramsey-scores-famous-dies.html

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Ramsey scores ,someone dies Empty Re: Ramsey scores ,someone dies

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:49 am

A lot of people die every day so the probability of someone dying right after an Aaron Ramsey goal is very high.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:10 am

No way, man! This is like cosmic convergence.....Aaron caused it!

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:47 am

Not as high-profile as Osama bin Laden, Steve Jobs, Gaddafi, and Whitney Houston, but holy shit.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:20 am

Aaron Ramsey attracted plenty of interest from England’s top clubs including Manchester United prior to joining Arsenal five years ago, and the Welshman admits meeting with Arsene Wenger was the deciding factor.

The former Cardiff midfielder has since become an important, versatile player for Wenger’s side, playing out of position on the wing at times, but of late has started to demonstrate the form that interested the Gunners in 2008.

The French manager hired a private jet and flew Ramsey out to Euro 2008, where he was convinced of Wenger’s vision for his future in North London.

Ramsey, talking at a children’s coaching course said:

The main factor in joining Arsenal was meeting with Arsene Wenger and to hear what his plans where for me. He has brought through so many youngsters and given them opportunities and turned them into great players.

They flew me over there to have a meeting with him. I was overwhelmed. I was 17 and one of the best managers in the world wants to meet me face to face.

It was definitely a hard choice to make at my age, but I’ve no regrets, I think I made the right choice. I felt more wanted at Arsenal, I felt the plan was better for me and they gave youngsters more opportunities. Manchester United also had a lot of midfielders at the time as well.
The Wales international was one of the many British stars to sign long term contracts with the Gunners this season and Ramsey feels the young, talented group only bodes well for Arsenal’s future.

He continued:

It’s great that all the British players chose to commit to the club (Arsenal) and it’s important to have that.

It’s good to have players in the same position as you, they can relate to you, it’s going to be a vital thing in the club’s history in the near future, I think.

All the players are good and you can get on with them but it’s nice to have a relationship with a player who has come through a similar situation to you and that they’re British as well.
Ramsey has looked a different player since the turn of the year, his confidence has developed immensely and he has formed a tidy partnership with Arteta playing more defensive.

The role suits him well as he is able to slow down play and knock it round, while also contributing offensively. The Welshman is starting to repay the immense faith Wenger has had in him, especially from his very long and difficult comeback after his horrific injury. But Ramsey is now really starting to show how he can be a top class midfielder.

http://allarsenal.com/news/ramsey-why-i-chose-arsenal-over-united/

+

Arsenal's abysmal start to the season was plagued by matchers where they failed to break through opponent defences and saw them fall towards a mid-table finish but a recent improvement in form has helped them push for a top four finish this season - just two points behind fourth-placed Chelsea.

Ramsey, who played in their 4-1 drubbing of Reading over the weekend, credited it to a change of focus in their attacking strategy.

"In the past, we've been accused of starting slowly and I think that's something we've changed, especially in the last month," Ramsey told the club's official website.

"We've started off on the front foot, defended high up the pitch and won the ball back in dangerous areas. We did that plenty of times [against Reading].

"On another day, we could have had a few more early on. It was a great performance. It was enjoyable out there.

"I think you could see that we played without any hesitation and with the handbrake off. We created a lot of opportunities and we defended well apart from the goal we conceded. On the whole, we're delighted with the win."

Ramsey has been utilised as a winger and an emergency right back before and was deployed temporarily as a left back against Reading, but he insists that he prefers to play as a central midfielder.

He added: "That's another position to tick off! It was only a quick two minutes there, but there's not many left that I haven't played in.

"I've been played in a lot of positions this season. It's difficult when the roles are different. You like to stay in your position and get that consistency.

"Hopefully now I can get a few opportunities to play in my position where I'm comfortable and where I feel like I get the best out of myself. I did well and hopefully I can continue that now."

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/news/detail/item955095/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Aaron Ramsey has shown himself to be a model professional this season, according to Steve Bould.

Only Santi Cazorla and Olivier Giroud have played more first-team games than the Wales midfielder in 2012/13 and he has shown his versatility by featuring all across the midfield and in both full-back positions.

At 22, Ramsey has the best years of his career ahead of him, and Bould sees him as a valuable asset.

"Aaron has been fantastic," he told Arsenal Player. "Seeing him in day-to-day training, he works extremely hard.

"He never moans, gets on with his game and has done everything he's been asked to do. He's physically fantastic and he gives something to the team. I think he's improving all the time.

"The great thing about Aaron is he never looks tired," added Bould. "He's never weary. He adds something to the team, he gives that physicality and on the ball he's improving all the time.

"He was getting a bit of stick [from some supporters] to begin with and I think he felt that a bit. It takes a big character to come back and he's come back massively."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bould-tireless-ramsey-a-big-character?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 pm

There is no doubt that Aaron Ramsey’s performances have improved drastically lately and he is now one of Wenger’s first names on the Arsenal team-sheet. The Welshman believes that this is simply because Wenger has started playing him in his natural position in the centre of midfield.

“I’m delighted with the way I’m playing and how the team is playing,” Ramsey said. “It makes a big difference being in the centre. That’s my position and that’s where I want to play.

“At the beginning of the season, I was moving all over the pitch, playing left-wing, right-wing, right-back. I was asked to do a job in many positions, which I’m happy to do for the team. If the manager wants me to play there, I’m not going to say no to that. But I’ve got my place back in the middle and my performances have been showing what I’m capable of doing there.”

It is a fair point from Ramsey as he was being severely criticized when he was forced out on the wing. Considering the amount of left-winger’s Arsenal have in the squad one would have to question Wenger’s judgement on that, but its all worked out better for the Welshman played in the middle of the park.

The yearly demise of Tottenham seems to be coming to pass as both Arsenal (and now Chelsea) have leapfrogged them into Third and Fourth in the Premiership. If the Gunners beat Fulham they will move five points ahead of our rivals who play Manchester City on Sunday and Ramsey believes a win at Craven Cottage will put Arsenal in the driving seat for a Top Four finish.

“It was important for us not to lose against Everton and we still have a lot of confidence,” he continued. “We were quite nervous in the first half and our final ball let us down but, overall, we were quite solid. We’re looking forward to the weekend. Tottenham and Chelsea still have to play each other. They still have tough games. The teams are still going to drop points so we’re positive and confident that we can finish in the top four.

“We always knew that this week was going to be a big week for us and hopefully now we can finish it off strongly and get a win at Fulham. That would put us in a really strong position.”

http://justarsenal.com/ramsey-arsenal-are-better-with-me-in-central-midfield/22234
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 pm

I'd like to see him perform consistantly like he has done recently until the end of the season, his work rate is very impressive and we badly need that in midfield.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Great to see him doing well.

I do wonder why he throws himself into so many challenges. If he wins the tackle, we would be very lucky for it to roll our way. He gets clapped and encouraged if he tackles the ball out of play. But that is just a thrown in/goal kick for the opposition.

He'd be much better off just pressuring the opposition and forcing an error.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:I'd like to see him perform consistantly like he has done recently until the end of the season, his work rate is very impressive and we badly need that in midfield.

Same. I have a feeling if he is played a lot in his favoured role he will be consistent because he has a good attitude and seems to really want to do well for the club. Hopefully this form will continue into next season. He is a much more reliable option than Diaby...
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 pm

He is and so do I, as long as he continues with his application and work rate as I dont think he will ever be silky skilled enough to lose part of his work ethic and still be effective, if he keeps up his work rate he will be an example to everyone else on how to do things I think players feed off that sort of thing.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:41 pm

From a hopeless, lost cause according to many, to becoming a crucial element in the Arsenal squad – Aaron Ramsey has proven his doubters ever so greatly with his performances in Arsenal’s late season surge that saw them finish in the top 4 for the 16th consecutive year.

Once identified as a scapegoat for Arsenal’s shortcomings, Ramsey has won the hearts of fellow Arsenal supporters with consistent on-the-pitch performances from the months of February till the final day of the Barclay’s Premier League season in a 1-0 nail-biting affair at St. James Park.

Since his return from the horrible leg break he suffered at the Britannia Stadium back in 2010, Aaron Ramsey has always been one of the main polarizing topics among the Arsenal supporters across different social media outlets. It’s no secret. Many thought that the kid didn’t have what it takes to play at this level and didn’t deem him fit to wear the Arsenal shirt. Supporters lost faith. Hell, maybe Ramsey himself was beginning to lose faith. However, one man who maintained faith in the young Welsh midfielder was Arsene Wenger.

Wenger continued to rely on Ramsey and saw him as a player willing to do whatever was necessary to benefit the team. Wherever Wenger asked Ramsey to play, Ramsey accepted the role and did his job (Quick side note: I love a player who plays in whatever role he is asked and doesn’t throw a fit if he’s not playing in his preferred position). With Santi Cazorla coming into the team, there was little-to-no chance Ramsey was going to reprise his CAM role from last season.

With Cazorla playing in the hole and the return of Jack Wilshere, playing on the wing was one role Ramsey found himself playing last season. This certain role happened to be the one position he played where many Arsenal fans were not delighted to see. I saw many on my Twitter timeline showing their disgust approximately an hour before kick-off as the starting XI would be released with Ramsey starting on the wing.

To put it lightly, many saw no point in him playing out wide despite help retaining possession and provide defensive cover for the fullback. I know Ramsey was not very effective on the wing in some appearances (great at Man City and in a few appearances of the bench), but in the long-run playing on the wing helped him become better prepared for the central-midfield role.

As Philippe Auclair mentioned in “Thierry Henry: Lonely at the Top: A Biography“, Wenger had a reason for playing players like Ramsey on the flanks -

“Its sometimes a good idea to deploy a player who has a future in the middle of the park on the flank. He gets used to using the ball in smaller space, as the touch line effectively divides the space that’s available to him by two; when you move the same player to the middle, he breathes more easily and can exploit space better.” – Wenger.

Fast-forward to late January. When Mikel Arteta was sidelined for a couple weeks after suffering an injury, young Ramsey was called upon to take the Spanish midfielder’s place in the holding midfield role; a role we haven’t seen Ramsey play in at the specific moment of time. Yet, with performances against the likes of West Ham and Liverpool at home, we saw a glimpse of a new Aaron Ramsey. One who was more decisive on the ball and not holding up play. One who can still create and quicken the pace of the attack, yet also cover the necessary ground and provide cover for the back four.

There was finally hope that Ramsey could indeed be the player we thought he was capable of before his horrific leg injury seasons ago. He was growing in confidence.

However, Arteta would return back into the starting XI despite Ramsey’s superb performances. Sooner rather than later, Ramsey would get his chance once again after Wilshere was sidelined for a number of weeks with an ankle injury. After falling at White Hart Lane and falling behind 7 points to our North London rivals, change was needed in order to maintain hope of finishing in the top 4.
Wenger decided to include Tomas Rosicky into the starting XI while shifting Cazorla to the left wing in order to find some balance and hopefully more creativity in the attacking third. This would allow Ramsey to once again play in a deeper midfield position along side Arteta. This midfield trio would go unbeaten for the remainder of the season.

There are a few reasons that played in Arsenal’s late season run that helped them reach into the top 4 such as the Koscielny-Mertesacker CB partnership and the overall solid play of the Arsenal back four. Another reason I believe that attributed to Arsenal’s end of the season unbeaten run was the balanced midfield trio of Arteta, Ramsey, and Rosicky.

What was the main factor for this balance in the midfield? Aaron Ramsey.

With Ramsey and Arteta playing together in a double pivot, Ramsey provided to be a better partner for Arteta than Wilshere. Yes, Jack Wilshere is a more talented player than Aaron Ramsey – however, when it comes to tactical awareness and positioning, Ramsey excels in these areas compared to Wilshere. Because of this, Ramsey provided the perfect balance with Arteta. Ramsey knew what was asked upon him in this box-to-box midfield role, and he played this to near perfection in comparison to Jack.

While Jack did contribute a lot in the attacking third when playing in this role, he often left Arteta hung out to dry in the defensive half. Meanwhile, Ramsey was able to close down opposing players, make vital interception and tackles, while also playing two-way football: defend and attack.
Now as the season has ended on a high, we must ask the question: What role will Aaron Ramsey end up playing next season?

We saw that Ramsey is capable of playing in two different midfield roles – especially if we continue to go ahead and play with a double pivot. He can play as a box-to-box midfielder along side Arteta or who ever Wenger brings in to replace Arteta for the next coming years. Or he can be the heir-apparent to Arteta’s current role in the starting XI.

We saw how well he can play in that role in January and against Newcastle at the end of the season after Arteta limped off injured. With thought of Jack Wilshere’s future role to being the CAM, there is speculation from few that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain can potentially fill in that more of a B2B role after his performance against Newcastle. Imagine that. An All-British Arsenal midfield. Never believe that would happen. But, we’ll leave that for another day.

Aaron Ramsey’s return of form played a massive part in Arsenal finishing in the top 4 at the end of the season. What was once was a bright outlook on his future before his leg break that had seemed to become a thing of the past has now returned. And it could not happen at a more perfect time, where there is a bright outlook on Arsenal’s future with the potential moves the club can make in the summer transfer window in order to once again compete for silverware. Let’s hope Ramsey can continue his current on the pitch success into the 2013-14 season.

http://thebottomcorner.com/2013/06/21/analyzing-aaron-ramseys-rise-and-a-potential-role-for-him-next-season/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:45 am

But...did he kill anyone?

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:54 am

did he?
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:19 am

Possibly James Gandolfini I guess. I can only assume the authorities are looking into it.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:00 pm

I think he will eventually take Arteta's role.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down