Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Aston Villa

+9
Chris Chan
Meshaal
Jason Morrison
vyom.chaudhary
John Foxall
Michael Schatzky
Mario
Hisham El Mawan
Michael Foster
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa

Post by Mike York Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:I thought Santi was easily man of the match and some good performances from Jack and Nacho.

Jenkinson had a good match too. For a guy his size he is pretty rapid when he wants to be. His celebration when the final whistle went was great to see.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Yes, saw Jenko's celebration. Hard not to like such people.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:00 pm

And has Ramsey become our John O'Shea? Surely has more talent than that. His performance at right back was good, but he should be playing in the middle now to develop properly.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 BDzpJh9CEAAbMku

Proof that Wilshere is the Chosen One.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 am

Quality!!! ^

Man city done us a favour today.....we have to capitalize on these teams all dropping points....hopefully spurs will do the same tomorrow!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:20 am

I find it baffling that the media's always on our case about how shit we are and how we don't spend money and yet here we have a team, namely Chelsea, who spent 80mil+ this past summer and 100s of millions in the past 2 years and yet are only 2 points ahead of us, not to mention all their numerous failings this season like losing the super cup and club world cup. Yet we're labelled as shit and in a crysis, when chelsea have proved that everything they want us to do, spend 100's of millions and managerial change, doesn't always work... Guess lucking it out and winning the CL buys you some good grace... but still, it would be funny if we were to finish ahead of chelsea "champions of europe", again...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 am

I think one of the main reasons in why we have fell from grace with a lot of people is what Wenger brought to the table...an ability to buy unknown and turn them into supermen,free flowing quality football,stability,everything a club should be...in the media's eyes it was exactly what this league needed..even the neutrals would purr with delight and those would also say..'we miss it' and its just that..everyone misses this amazing part of what we had become..and those still say they 'want it back'...other teams have fallen Chelsea spent million of pounds buying titles and the champions league..but who will miss it or want it back?...probably just the Chelsea fans...man city will dissipate as quick as they arrived..and no one will ask 'where has all that gone'...man u as soon as fergie departs..will have a manager that won't get the results as expected by fergie..and just be living in the past with the umpteen premier titles and euro wins...but will they be remembered for anything else apart from Beckham,giggs,an ol nutty Eric....probably not....it will be ol fergie missed and how he worked the club....seams we had a whole package everyone adored and would also switch on to watch.....
Hopefully if these reports are true that the stadium has been paid off and the money is now rolling in..we could start to rebuild and find another dream team assembled with the club laughing at others watching us sail on into the distance...all be it a small barren patch...to umpteen titles and euro wins...

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:I find it baffling that the media's always on our case about how shit we are and how we don't spend money and yet here we have a team, namely Chelsea, who spent 80mil+ this past summer and 100s of millions in the past 2 years and yet are only 2 points ahead of us, not to mention all their numerous failings this season like losing the super cup and club world cup. Yet we're labelled as shit and in a crysis, when chelsea have proved that everything they want us to do, spend 100's of millions and managerial change, doesn't always work... Guess lucking it out and winning the CL buys you some good grace... but still, it would be funny if we were to finish ahead of chelsea "champions of europe", again...

our current set of players seem to lack the belief, Chelsea may finish below us in the league again and while I'm not justifying the incredible amounts of money they throw around on transfers without making any notable improvement year after year, but their players have the belief to go the distance which fetches them a trophy once in a while, may be its down to the presence of some proven winners in their dressing room or something.

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Aseem Bajpai wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:I find it baffling that the media's always on our case about how shit we are and how we don't spend money and yet here we have a team, namely Chelsea, who spent 80mil+ this past summer and 100s of millions in the past 2 years and yet are only 2 points ahead of us, not to mention all their numerous failings this season like losing the super cup and club world cup. Yet we're labelled as shit and in a crysis, when chelsea have proved that everything they want us to do, spend 100's of millions and managerial change, doesn't always work... Guess lucking it out and winning the CL buys you some good grace... but still, it would be funny if we were to finish ahead of chelsea "champions of europe", again...

our current set of players seem to lack the belief, Chelsea may finish below us in the league again and while I'm not justifying the incredible amounts of money they throw around on transfers without making any notable improvement year after year, but their players have the belief to go the distance which fetches them a trophy once in a while, may be its down to the presence of some proven winners in their dressing room or something.

While Chelsea have struggled a little recently, they are always serious contenders. Since Mourinho has left, they have won the League, 3 FA cups and the Champions League.

Even if you look at Liverpool, who are something of a joke, since the time we won our last trophy they have won the Champions League, the FA Cup, the UEFA Super Cup and the League Cup.

I really feel it's time to freshen thing up a little, maybe as early as this summer.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 am

Well said Aseem.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 am

It comes down to the fact that we lack actual "world class" players. Wilshere and Cazorla are all we have in that category, with Sagna the next closest player, Arteta and Podolski flitting in and out of effectiveness, and Theo maybe qualifying for that label in a couple years if he continues to improve. The rest of our team is just decent, which isn't enough. If we're going to win titles, we need a great team. That means getting a proven world beater of a striker, two CBs who actually know how to work together and defend, and a goalkeeper as good as or better than Szczesny. I love the guy, but his form has dropped lately and I feel that he needs someone to compete with in order to become a better player. If all that is accomplished over the summer, it'll take some horrible luck for us not to at least challenge strongly for silverware (I mean finishing in the top three and cup finals). Wenger has put together a decent team over the last couple years, but he needs to put some winners in the dressing room to make that final push.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:19 am

west ham 2-1 up!!!!! lol adebywhore missed an absolute sitter lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 am

Gareth Bale with a 90th minute winner! Fuck me. I have a feeling that man just knocked us out of the Champions League for next season.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:59 am

Meshaal wrote:Gareth Bale with a 90th minute winner! Fuck me. I have a feeling that man just knocked us out of the Champions League for next season.

we win and i dont think it will make much difference....to close again this season...ffs!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:05 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Meshaal wrote:Gareth Bale with a 90th minute winner! Fuck me. I have a feeling that man just knocked us out of the Champions League for next season.

we win and i dont think it will make much difference....to close again this season...ffs!!!

They'll still be a point ahead.

However, now if they do beat us, that will be a 7 point lead.

Need Chelsea to implode spectacularly as well if we are going to sneak a CL spot.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Meshaal wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:

They'll still be a point ahead.

However, now if they do beat us, that will be a 7 point lead.

Need Chelsea to implode spectacularly as well if we are going to sneak a CL spot.

I ment it as i don't see us overtaking them.....the more games that pass its looking more and more like 5th...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4