Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Post by Mike York on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:58 am

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/geoff-shreeves-draws-arsenal-scorn-for-asking-jenkinson-about-8-trophy-less-years-after-bayern-win/

The interview for anyone who wanted to hear it. Jenkinson owns the moron Shreeves with the answer.

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 am

Great performance, one to be proud of. Too bad the first leg was so shite, this could have been one of the great European nights for us.

Bayern though, what a bunch of time wasting twats. And the referee - my lord.

Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

View user profile http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Never knew Bayern were absolute cunts. Thomas Muller, what a cuntball!
Anyway, what a performance from the boys. This is why Koscielny and Mertesacker should be (should have been) first choice partnership all season. Jenkinson's grandfather should be proud!

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Proud of the team as a whole...really really happy with the defence..jenkinson deserves a pay rise just for dropping the reporter like he did....seams like we can get more of these outspoken players forward and help shift this media crap away from us....for one this is why I hate papers,sky,BBC....massive win and they still try and drop us....cunts!

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:11 pm

perhaps the fact that no English team qualified has overshadowed the coverage of our win in the media, but since they had already taken this for granted even before the match, its a bit bemusing that they are making a fuss about it now.

Anyways, hope we can defend like this for the rest of the season, St. Totteringham's day is going nowhere if we manage that..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:29 am

St totteringhams day is going nowhere anyhow......

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:17 am

Almost didn't bother watching the game last night but glad I did. Missed the first goal though as I was finishing off my dinner Mad

Really strong performance. I don't think anyone could've predicted not only a victory away at Bayern but a clean sheet without our Number 1 keeper. Really impressed with Flappy last night, didn't look like a keeper who had been out injured for a year at all. Hopefully Chesney was watching at home thinking 'Blimey, I better buck my ideas up!'. Also really impressed with Jenks, both on the pitch and in that post-match interview, loving that kid more each and every week. We need more lads like him who desperately care about the club and feel proud to pull on the shirt. I wonder if Wenger has got the balls to stick with that back 5 for Swansea? I doubt it, but it'd be nice to see.

Proper proud of the effort they put in last night. Might give them a boost for the run in and make them believe catching Spurs is possible. Got my fingers crossed they don't mess it up at Inter tonight, them still being in Europe could distract them.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Steve Dawson wrote:Almost didn't bother watching the game last night but glad I did. Missed the first goal though as I was finishing off my dinner Mad

Really strong performance. I don't think anyone could've predicted not only a victory away at Bayern but a clean sheet without our Number 1 keeper. Really impressed with Flappy last night, didn't look like a keeper who had been out injured for a year at all. Hopefully Chesney was watching at home thinking 'Blimey, I better buck my ideas up!'. Also really impressed with Jenks, both on the pitch and in that post-match interview, loving that kid more each and every week. We need more lads like him who desperately care about the club and feel proud to pull on the shirt. I wonder if Wenger has got the balls to stick with that back 5 for Swansea? I doubt it, but it'd be nice to see.

Proper proud of the effort they put in last night. Might give them a boost for the run in and make them believe catching Spurs is possible. Got my fingers crossed they don't mess it up at Inter tonight, them still being in Europe could distract them.

Perfect what happened at Inter. They go through, but they show the world that they're quite a different team without Bale. Fourth place is still in our hands, the boys have to buck up though.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:22 am

Anybody else pretty satisfied that both Sczesz and TV were dropped and AW didn't exactly hide that fact in his press conference??? Very Happy

Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Both needed a kick up their asses. He should have done these changes earlier especially with Vermaelen because we have a more than able replacement (if not better) in Koscielny.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Our 3-3 aggregate against Bayern was much much better than the 4-0 aggregate of Juventus.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:15 pm

^yeah, I think the 4-0 aggregate flattered Juventus, which speaks much about their performance over the two legs.

Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 am

yeah given how easily Bayern got past Juve and the fact that they look to be the most convincing of the 4 remaining teams in the champions league, our aggregate score against them, especially the performance in the second leg was pretty decent indeed..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:51 am

Bayern were brilliant against us at Emirates.

I don't think we were brilliant in Munich. Bayern were poor, and we did well to capitalise on their poor performance.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:53 pm

I thought it was more about we being poor, especially defensively at Emirates.

While we were not may be brilliant in Munich, but that was as resolute and spirited a performance as we have seen all season, of course, Bayern's complacency helped us in getting the result, but I think it was about more than just that..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:52 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top