Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread

+13
Dan Hakim
Sami Rockfeller
Chris Chan
Meshaal
Steve Dawson
Michael Schatzky
yuval.b.nissan
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
Hisham El Mawan
Jonathan Prendergast
John Foxall
Vanig Bostanian
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 am

Thank you!

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 am

Goal!! Walcott lovely finish!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 am

walcott loves these chelsea games, almost always scores against them.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 am

Playing really well now, got Chelsea on the backfoot all half already.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 am

Lets just hope we can grab another goal - a draw would be a respectable result :\

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:02 am

Arshavin!! Come on little man Smile

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:10 am

Vermaelen keeping us in the game!

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:13 am

Come on Arsenal!!

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:14 am

Another set piece, another chance !!

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:25 am

The question is, why does it take an entire half of football for this team to know what to do?
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:27 am

Righto, I'm out, need to clear my head from the shit we serve up almost weekly now, decent turnaround in the 2nd half but not enough, why we allowed ourselves to be in that position with that atrocious 1st half i'll mever know...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 am

We need a striker and a DM before our next league match. No exceptions. This is getting ridiculous, we shouldn't be struggling to be in the top 4 like this.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:36 am

Much better second half obviously, but just bizarre . I guess it is the nature of this squad to be emotionally brittle.
Unable to make in-game adjustments? It took a half time bum spanking by Arsene to get them going?
And for that matter why wasn't Wenger able to affect in game changes ,in attitude or strategy?
There is enough there to suggest if everybody makes an effort and tries 100%of the time ,we will be able to compete.
What drives me bonkers is the first half display - that was the team that lost to Bradford on pens ,and the second half team beat Newcastle 7-3.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 am

I firmly believe we're the unluckiest football team on the planet. Both Chelski goals shouldn't have counted and no I don't care that we were shit in the first half. We could have been 0-0 at HT while playing shit united do it every game. For God's sake when will we get just a tiny bit of luck against big teams I will never know.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

ralph avedikian wrote:I firmly believe we're the unluckiest football team on the planet. Both Chelski goals shouldn't have counted and no I don't care that we were shit in the first half. We could have been 0-0 at HT while playing shit united do it every game. For God's sake when will we get just a tiny bit of luck against big teams I will never know.

Fucking THIS. What a load of pathetic negative comments as well. The ref could have taken a direct free kick to score for Chelsea and you guys would find a way to blame Wenger or the board for it.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 am

One thing that stood out for me in this game was that Coquelin was pretty fucking good, no? Those twats literally had to kick him out of the game.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote:I firmly believe we're the unluckiest football team on the planet. Both Chelski goals shouldn't have counted and no I don't care that we were shit in the first half. We could have been 0-0 at HT while playing shit united do it every game. For God's sake when will we get just a tiny bit of luck against big teams I will never know.

Fucking THIS. What a load of pathetic negative comments as well. The ref could have taken a direct free kick to score for Chelsea and you guys would find a way to blame Wenger or the board for it.

That's a bit of a stretch. We left ourselves very open away to a tough opponent. Normally in that sort of game you need to be reasonably solid to earn the right to play, Wenger doesn't seem interested in that anymore, so he can't be surprised when players are caught out of position. These are obvious weaknesses to address yet no improvement can be seen. Simply condemning negative comments ignores the reality of the situation we're in.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:We need a striker and a DM before our next league match. No exceptions. This is getting ridiculous, we shouldn't be struggling to be in the top 4 like this.

Especially considering the relatively average quality (this season) of the teams above us - barring Manchester United.

Wenger has absolutely no excuse that this team fails to turn up / takes an entire half of football to turn up.

West Ham is now a must-win game.

I have given up hoping that we will be signing anyone capable of making a difference to the first choice starting XI.

Szczesny - Our best keeper since Lehmann, the least of our worries.

Gibbs - Definitely one for the future and worth developing.

Vermaelen / Mertesacker / Koscielny - All reasonable defenders with their obvious strengths and weakness. Personally I would pick Koscielny ahead of Vermaelen but ideally we need a top notch defender and one of these three would be partnering him.

Sagna - Quality player but I just feel his heart isn't at the club anymore and he wants to be somewhere else. Jenkinson is not good enough to be our first choice right back just yet. Expect to see a new right-back arrive in the summer.

Arteta - Model professional, definitely playing in the wrong position but still doing an okay job. Its understandable to have a player like Arteta in that position if he has a beast of a team around him.

Diaby - Brilliant on his day and when in form, generally inconsistent. Too injury prone to be relied upon.

Ramsey - Confidence severely shattered after failing to fill Fabregas' shoes last season. He is pretty much useless to the club now with the fans on his back. Needs to either go on loan or to move to another club.

Wilshere - One of the very few bright spots but has a long way to go as well. Has the potential to be a legend.

Rosicky - has he played a single minute this season? Showed some good form last season. If he's not playing - he barely has for the last 3 seasons - whats the point of having him around. Wonderful player when he does play though.

Cazorla - Brilliant player but not in the top bracket of players. Would have been a very good partner for Fabregas or possibly we would actually see the best of him if we had a proper world class striker up front.

Walcott - Our biggest goal threat and would thrive in a 4-4-2. Still not the finished article but his pace is a huge weapon.

Podolski - Will take a little while longer to settle into the Premiership, does go missing in a big way at times but can also be very clinical.

Oxlade-Chamberlain - Love him as a player and he will become more of a threat as he becomes more consistent with experience.

Gervinho - The new Chamakh. Absolutely no confidence at the moment and extremely frustrating.

Giroud - Works hard and looks pretty so the fans have been forgiving so far. Good option to have in the squad but not clinical enough to be starting upfront on his own at Arsenal. Could work in a 4-4-2.

As a team, we lack leadership and passion plus we are a little short on quality and self-belief as well. This team is crying out for leaders. If we do bring in 3-4 players, which we desperately need to, two of them need to be of the highest quality while at least two have to be strong and vocal leaders.

In the past we had Adams, who had tremendous pride playing for the club. Vieira, had the fire and ability to drag the team forward. Robin van Persie had the quality to lead from the front with goals and assists.

I believe this manager who has done so much for the club just doesn't have the fire to take the club forward now. Maybe he has had his hands tied - from the financial perspective - and he did well to keep us competitive for a long while, but he has made his share of mistakes along the way. We need a new man with fresh ideas and hunger to step in to try to take this club forward.

We can also benefit from involving former players like Adams, Bergkamp and Keown.

The list of things we can do is endless.

The real problem lies at the top - with the board and the owner - and what their ambitions are. That is the area we need a major over-haul. I think things are going to get very messy before they get better.

PSG want Wenger in the summer, but I doubt he will walk before 2014. Ancelotti would not be such a bad option though Klopp feels like the ideal coach for Arsenal and we would be the ideal club for him as well.

I don't see us finishing in the top 4 this season, even though I'm not that impressed by the teams above us as well. For our sakes, I hope we somehow manage to win the FA Cup and string together a spirited run in the Champions League.

Next season we can start afresh with a new ownership / board structure, new man incharge and an investment of the mythical 70 million war-chest, on the squad (mainly first team).

The fans are the only ones who can force the changes at the top or we wait till Stan Kroenke realizes that Wenger's position is becoming untenable and he needs to invest in the squad for his investment to remain profitable. He will sell up in the blink of an eye, before the club starts losing money, which it will if we are not viewed as one of the Champions League clubs of England.

Rant over.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:19 am

John Foxall wrote:

That's a bit of a stretch. We left ourselves very open away to a tough opponent. Normally in that sort of game you need to be reasonably solid to earn the right to play, Wenger doesn't seem interested in that anymore, so he can't be surprised when players are caught out of position. These are obvious weaknesses to address yet no improvement can be seen. Simply condemning negative comments ignores the reality of the situation we're in.

I'm not ignoring anything. All of your comments were pathetic, and that has nothing to do with whether Arsenal are in a bad situation.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 am

I rather liked my little rant, made me realize things are not that bad. Too bad no one is going to read it.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:28 am

Not to say that I don't understand the frustration. It was a terrible first half performance, but in the same way that we won't let the players off for that, we shouldn't let the ref off for some horrendous decisions that clearly affected the outcome of the game.

This also doesn't mean we should ignore our problems either, I haven't mentioned any of them because we all pretty much know them by now and there's no point in mentioning them now in this match thread.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:31 am

I'm not ignoring anything. All of your comments were pathetic, and that has nothing to do with whether Arsenal are in a bad situation.

You have a point, but to be fair we were absolute wank in the first half even if we were hard done by the referee's calls/ lack of calls. No composure, being out hustled by Chelsea, sloppy passing, no response from Wenger on the bench. Pretty abysmal.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 am

Meshaal wrote:I rather liked my little rant, made me realize things are not that bad. Too bad no one is going to read it.

No worries, Meshaal, I read it! And I agree with all your points.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 am

Finally someone agrees. All I keep hearing is ' this is no excuse, we had a poor half'. Well to be honest I don't care if we had a poor half, we can't play well every half of every game. If the correct decisions were given in that 'poor' 1st half, we would have been 0-0 at HT. Fact.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:56 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Meshaal wrote:I rather liked my little rant, made me realize things are not that bad. Too bad no one is going to read it.

No worries, Meshaal, I read it! And I agree with all your points.
I read it too, Meshaal although it's pretty even tempered for a "rant" Very Happy .
I agree with almost all of your points regarding player profiles except it seems to me that Ramsey has come on a bit stronger in the last month or so then he had been doing.
Also , the idea of getting 4 players two of which are leaders will be difficult. because it is hard to import "leaders" who will instantly have the respect of their new teammates and are listened to etc.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next