Racism in the English game...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Racism in the English game... - Page 3 Empty Re: Racism in the English game...

Post by DaveToffy on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Michael Foster wrote:
kdunn wrote:"I said there was no way he was gonna shake his hand.....and yet this is looked upon as being a stupid comment"

"that cunt evra does not deserve the 'oh I am in the right let's make Suarez feel even more like a cunt'
In the intrest of the game evra should not have stuck his hand out as it was a 99% bang on Suarez was not gonna shake....."- yup this is a stupid comment. Saying he shouldn't have stuck his hand out for the good of the game is implying that he was at some sort of fault. Which is fucking retarded

As I said...everybody knew he would not shake so why bother and stoke the situation even more...that's fucking retarded
Your misguided belief that "everyone knew he would not shake hands" would be surprising to Kenny Dalglish who explicitly said before the match, "It's time for all of us to draw a line under what happened and move forward.

"People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."*

As discussed on MOTD, it was apparent that Suarez had come to an agreement with his manager and his club that he'd act like an adult and take the first step to mending what has been a PR nightmare for Liverpool. Unfortunately, he showed what a truly classless cunt he is by snuffing Evra. He's let the entire Liverpool organization down by his absurd child-like selfishness.

I hate Evra as much as the next guy but to have the opinion that Evra was somehow stoking the fire by putting his hand out to be shook... that really is stupid.

*http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Luis-Suarez-will-shake-Patrice-Evra-hand-at-Manchester-United-game-says-Kenny-Dalglish-article863105.html
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:01 pm

As I said....all those knew he would not shake hands...I have around 20 odd mates online whom surport Liverpool...every one of them also said he would not shake..I have spoken to no end of people regarding it and only a very very small few have said he might shake if not no chance...so all I was going by was the percentage of people I have spoke to....
Just making my point....
I did not intend to be a fucking retard nor told to fuck off and alike....
It was in MY OPINION and I did not need to be attacked over it...
As far as I am concerned I will not even give this discussion the time of day any more...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Just to add on my point on this....watch the sky sports interview regarding john Barnes....

Says it all....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:47 pm

You know that the more you show your being provoked, the more they'll provoke u. Hahaha

But putting racism aside, i dont like either of them. They have those "i want to smack their face for no reason" faces. Call me a facist. In fact, im not even 100% convinced that evra is completely in the right. Theres always 2 sides of the story, and seems we've only heard and trusted one. the same for john terry's case. Not convinced at all, and again taking one man's story and seemingly ignoring the other. its not right if a black guy is racially abused of course, but i also dont find it right that the white guy has no voice on it at all and gets convicted without being given a fair chance to respond at all. Unless i have missed somethng, like the FA interviewing suarez and terry, but if they havent been given a chance to speak, then there is a major flaw in their system and they just want to be seen to be fighting racism by being on the side of the 'abused' every time. I'll probably get a backlash here for saying all this, but it seems that when a black guy accuses one of racially abusing him, the accused will always be found guilty without a thorough trial. And i feel that is totally wrong. I strongly believe that Terry wasnt racist, i mean afterall, half his teammates are black! Doesnt make sense. Suarez, i just think he is ignorant as to what is perceived as racist, and unluckily for him, evra understood. But then again...one side of the story.

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:06 am

Reds managing director Ian Ayre has just released the following statement: "We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so. He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable. Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."

damage limitation time

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:07 am

The apology from Suarez:

"I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong. I've not only let him down, but also the club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened. I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions. I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 am

Michael Foster wrote:As I said....all those knew he would not shake hands...I have around 20 odd mates online whom surport Liverpool...every one of them also said he would not shake..I have spoken to no end of people regarding it and only a very very small few have said he might shake if not no chance...so all I was going by was the percentage of people I have spoke to....
Just making my point....
As far as I am concerned I will not even give this discussion the time of day any more...
Kdunn could have been a bit more tactful in his replies to you but I think he was more concerned with attacking your opinion than you yourself. If you don't want your opinion criticized then don't post it on a public discussion forum. Especially on a topic as sensitive as this.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 am

[/quote]Kdunn could have been a bit more tactful in his replies to you but I think he was more concerned with attacking your opinion than you yourself. If you don't want your opinion criticized then don't post it on a public discussion forum. Especially on a topic as sensitive as this.[/quote]

Agreed on the both points. I suck at tact. Saying something is you're opinion is not some magical get out of jail free card. You have to be prepared to not only defend you're opinion, but also to back it up with facts lest you look like an idiot

kdunn
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 am

And I also suck at quoting as well haha

kdunn
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:54 am

no slash for the opening of the quote, it sould just be [quote]

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:58 am

DaveToffy wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:As I said....all those knew he would not shake hands...I have around 20 odd mates online whom surport Liverpool...every one of them also said he would not shake..I have spoken to no end of people regarding it and only a very very small few have said he might shake if not no chance...so all I was going by was the percentage of people I have spoke to....
Just making my point....
Kdunn could have been a bit more tactful in his replies to you but I think he was more concerned with attacking your opinion than you yourself. If you don't want your opinion criticized then don't post it on a public discussion forum. Especially on a topic as sensitive as this.

I will handle criticism all day long as I said there was no need for it to be so...fuck off and so on...
I have posted here and on the last board we had on facebook on many a sensitive issues...but never had I been told to fuck off and so on...just said there was no need for it as a polite way to ask to not do it....speak to people how you wish to be spoken to will not always ring true...but for the sake of just being a little polite....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:00 am

kdunn wrote:
Kdunn could have been a bit more tactful in his replies to you but I think he was more concerned with attacking your opinion than you yourself. If you don't want your opinion criticized then don't post it on a public discussion forum. Especially on a topic as sensitive as this.[/quote]

Agreed on the both points. I suck at tact. Saying something is you're opinion is not some magical get out of jail free card. You have to be prepared to not only defend you're opinion, but also to back it up with facts lest you look like an idiot[/quote]

Agreed its not a get out of jail free card...but don't attack points....

Anyway...shake on it?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vijay Saibola on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:39 am

Knowing the sly fox Fergie is, I wont be surprised if he orchestrated the drama yesterday. Did anyone see how Evra grabbed Suarez's arm when he refused to shake hands?! What kind of theater was he trying to create? Just get on with it if Suarez refuses to give his hand. Why does Evra try to force, create a drama and make people notice.

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 am

"Knowing the sly fox Fergie is, I wont be surprised if he orchestrated the drama yesterday. Did anyone see how Evra grabbed Suarez's arm when he refused to shake hands?! What kind of theater was he trying to create? Just get on with it if Suarez refuses to give his hand. Why does Evra try to force, create a drama and make people notice."- hahahahah. Just to be clear this is a joke right? You are trying to troll us right?

And Foster, I only had/ have a problem with the opinions you were putting forth and not with you personally. Gtfo and Stfu are more jokes than me actually telling you to fuck off or shut the fuck up. They actually come from starcraft the first one. Any nerds out there will get what I am saying. My bad.

kdunn
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 am

Vijay Saibola wrote:Knowing the sly fox Fergie is, I wont be surprised if he orchestrated the drama yesterday. Did anyone see how Evra grabbed Suarez's arm when he refused to shake hands?! What kind of theater was he trying to create? Just get on with it if Suarez refuses to give his hand. Why does Evra try to force, create a drama and make people notice.

see not the only one to see it outside of the box...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vijay Saibola on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:17 am

kdunn wrote:"Knowing the sly fox Fergie is, I wont be surprised if he orchestrated the drama yesterday. Did anyone see how Evra grabbed Suarez's arm when he refused to shake hands?! What kind of theater was he trying to create? Just get on with it if Suarez refuses to give his hand. Why does Evra try to force, create a drama and make people notice."- hahahahah. Just to be clear this is a joke right? You are trying to troll us right?

No joke and no trolling. The way Evra tried to grab his arm didnt look like a natural reaction to me. It was more like he was trying to make a meal out of it.

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

honestly guys just read the first paragraph and then look back at some of the things you have wrote. I mean really?? Clearly Evra and Fergie worked out a plot to make Suarez look bad. Def not Evra reacting in a pissed off way because he put himself out there and the man who racially abused him refused to shake his hand. Look at this rationally. Apply occam's Razor

kdunn
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:37 am

kdunn wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

honestly guys just read the first paragraph and then look back at some of the things you have wrote. I mean really?? Clearly Evra and Fergie worked out a plot to make Suarez look bad. Def not Evra reacting in a pissed off way because he put himself out there and the man who racially abused him refused to shake his hand. Look at this rationally. Apply occam's Razor

Agree with this

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3