Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs Fulham

+16
Michael Schatzky
smoreno
Meshaal
John Foxall
Dan Hakim
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Chris Chan
Hisham El Mawan
Jason Morrison
Steve Dawson
Ravneet Singh
Mike York
ralph avedikian
dbruce5
Vanig Bostanian
Mario
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal vs Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Fulham

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:52 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:We need a Fernando Llorente or Klaus van Huntelaar type striker to provide backup for Giroud, or even better, to start over him. We also need to sign a world-class creative midfielder instead of giving them away for once. I'm not even the slightest bit optimistic about our season right now.

It is quite frankly ridiculous that our defence is so bad and you come out with stupidity like this. We scored 3 goals at home today there was nothing wrong with that and you ask for a striker, stupid.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by dbruce5 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:03 am

Our defence needs sorting right away. Giroud was the best attacking player and the best defender of set pieces today. Their wingers made several simple runs behind our fullbacks and we could not cope.

Morale needs sorting as well. The players collapse if they give up a goal, Wenger looks warn out and even uninterested.

dbruce5
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravneet Singh Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:30 pm

We have zero defensive organization.No communication whatsoever.Its child play to get behind our defence.Lets not even get started on defending set pieces.
Our back four today wasn't bad at all but as a unit it was shambles.This has been the case for some years now.We can have all the players in the world but if we don't sort this lackadaisical attitude towards defending nothing is going to change.

Ravneet Singh
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by cozypilo Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:41 pm

How/why did we go out into the 2nd half with
no fire at all?Especially after giving up
another 2-goals lead.
It is starting to reflect badly on Wenger's
motivational/tactical nous.
Fergie did a half-time substitution yesterday.
Mourinho did a 30+ mins double substitution
before.Wenger only makes his substitution
on the 75th mins onwards.His substitutions
are most of the times just a change of personnel.
We had world-class players to rely on usually but
this year we are relying on a very frustrating
wannabe striker and a young man who's coming
back from a long-term injury?
Sad sad times. Evil or Very Mad
cozypilo
cozypilo
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 pm

The one thing I have been shouting about for umpteen seasons...

Shape,adaptability,consistence throughout the starting 11..

For all the rants of we scored 3 and we let in 3....it shows completely what I have been raving on about...the start of the season after 5 games we leaked next to nothing in goals and scored roughly the same...then we start shipping in goals left right and center..and score less..now we are cracking in goals left right and center and letting in FAR to many...
It's all or nothing at the moment...and looking at it its why untied are running away at the top again closely followed by city and Chelsea...they may ship goals here and there but grinding out the results.....our team shape has been awfull the past few games and its costing us.....we are stuck playing one way with no plan B and we need to adapt to carry out an assult on the title...no longer can we just play a tippy tappy game..Wenger needs to sort out the training sessions and find other formations and ways to beat our counterparts...

We had to grind out a result against Fulham at home...yes at home!...
Right now.....the capital one cup looks about the best shot at anything.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:We need a Fernando Llorente or Klaus van Huntelaar type striker to provide backup for Giroud, or even better, to start over him. We also need to sign a world-class creative midfielder instead of giving them away for once. I'm not even the slightest bit optimistic about our season right now.

It is quite frankly ridiculous that our defence is so bad and you come out with stupidity like this. We scored 3 goals at home today there was nothing wrong with that and you ask for a striker, stupid.

Alright, no need to impress everyone with your skill of being an asshole there, sport. Just say you don't agree next time. Less words, same message, AND you don't come off as a total dickhead!

Anyways, my idea behind that is even though Giroud's form has been picking up lately, he still isn't striking me as the player who's going to drive our attack. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we need to wait a bit longer and see. And I'm not sure we can rely on Chamakh as backup. Of course, in the event that Giroud is injured, we could always play a front three of Gervinho-Podolski-Walcott, but I don't think Wenger would try that. Not saying that a striker is the ONLY thing we need, because we could definitely use a DM, a world-class CB, and a half-decent backup GK to compete with Szczesny and make Mannone look like the incompetent moron he is.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4