Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal & la liga

+4
Vanig Bostanian
kdunn
ralph avedikian
Michael Foster
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal & la liga  Empty Arsenal & la liga

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:12 am

Well I have been hearing a lot over the last month of the mounting crisis looming on la liga teams...

A fresh report today on sky sports news part held by Guillem of revista de la liga commenting on how its very much doom and gloom for Spanish leagues all the way through the tiers...teams completly out spending resources having the highest percentage wage to income bills to any league in the world...some of the comments in previous reports as are....

"one team that in the last couple of seasons had been hoping to challenge at the top was Malaga, but that dream is as good as over. There were always doubts about the long term commitment of the owners and investors, and the worst fears have been realised as they have decided to rule out any further investment. Worse still, they are not even prepared to put the money into the club required to pay the players salaries. As they prepare for Champions League football, they are having to sell, rather than buy, just to cover costs. And even if they wanted to sign players, the money they owe to other clubs such as Villarreal, Osasuna and River Plate prevents them from doing so. It's a mess, but, sadly, one that reflects the problems facing the game in Spain at large and the deepening financial crisis. With clubs owing billions to the taxman and many clubs on the brink, the state are no longer willing to help out or let clubs get away with it anymore and the deepening malaise makes the league unattractive for investment outside the biggest clubs".

As we too have see clubs of these shores go into administration...countless players cancelled their own contracts and millions owed...

Now Wenger has always been a shrewd businessman...find more la liga bargains??....

my question to debate is this what players would you swap or buy out right for arsenal from la liga only....are there kids coming through our ranks as good as what we could have on the cheap??? Wenger could make a killing from an opportunity like this..and what does it hold for players we have sold to these so called doomed leagues......

Over to you.

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Arsenal & la liga  Empty Re: Arsenal & la liga

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:56 am

Adrian Lopez anybody??
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Adrian Lopez is one. Soldado is a great striker too. Too laze to think of anymore..

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Lol good ol Ralph....

I just sense that with arsenal out to make money on and off the field it would be an amazing opportunity to fund the future....ok we are doing better than every club out there in the terms of stability....why not boost it more....

Soldado gets my thumbs up....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:56 am

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/as-arsenal-interested-in-jesus-navas/

"AS report this morning that Arsenal are interested in snapping up Spanish winger Jesus Navas from Sevilla. They do so however, with the same ‘meh’ tone that English tabloids use to link us with Sebastien Frey and Philippe Mexes.

The 26-year-old winger, who is under contract until 2015, has been repeatedly linked with a move to North London over the last few years with Arsene Wenger apparently not put off by his experience working with Jose ‘me-no-likey-the-rain-or-the-food’ Antonio Reyes or the player’s €35m buyout clause.

A central figure at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, Navas made his 350th appearance for the Sevilla at the weekend and is tipped, should he stay, to become the club’s most capped player ever. The report claims we could test the water with a cheeky €15m euro initial offer.

Even without Theo Walcott putting pen-to-paper on a new deal and speculation rife that Andrey Arshavin could still leave the club on a permanent basis this summer, it still feels like something of a stretch to believe that the boss is on the lookout for another teeny-tiny, technically brilliant Spanish midfielder.

Arseblog News certainly thinks Navas is a decent player, he proved that again at Euro 2012, but we suggest the above is taken with a pinch of salt."

Would be a much better fit than walcott in terms of playing style

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:07 am

Doesn't nevas have a weird thing about wanting to stay close to home???
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:56 am

He has supposedly gotten help for that.

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 am

I had bought Navas, Podolski, and Sahin back in FIFA2007. I foresaw the future.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 am

kdunn wrote:He has supposedly gotten help for that.

Ok..cool....come on Wenger slap in a bid for him!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:24 am

Cant we concentrate on one at a time? this is real life after all not fm 2013....

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:10 pm

With the sahin deal now collapsed would be a good opportunity to se what players could be had from la liga....and on quite reasonable fees too.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:46 pm

M'Vila should be the priority imo. Or a DM of equal ability from la liga. After that who knows... maybe a versatile defender from la liga or even Llorente. Not sure. I'd love to see us in for Llorente but not sure we'll go for him.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 pm

M'Villa and maybe Affellay for me? Although i've seen alot of points made since Sunderland about needing a more creative spark in the front three as opposed to how direct they all were last week. I can't think of someone off the top of my head who fits the bill, dare I say it a Nasri type player needed, im gutted about Sahin, he would have been superb but if its not good business we all know, we wont do it.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Wenger was just quoted saying that we should see some ins and out to come from us...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Affellay would be cool and very versatile. Shame that Van Persie left as he could probably have tempted Affellay over to us.

I think the squad is looking good to be honest but maybe someone else attacking/creative for depth. We know we can't rely on Park and Chamakh, Yossi gone, Arshavin will likely be off etc someone in the Yossi/Arshvuin mould would be good and Affellay fits that.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Is Affellay more direct or more creative? I've always considered him more direct to be honest.

Can't believe Squillaci, Park and Bentdner are still here...

Im tempted to keep Arshavin now think he is an ok sub and can rotate in the four comps.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm sure Bendtner will be leaving. Clubs are interested in him and he wants first team football (I'm a fan of his and think he is much betetr than Chamakh/Park, but also understand he wants to play so fair enough to him). Not sure about Park and Squid though unfortunately.

I agree with Arshavin. Unless we replace him, I wouldn't mind keeping him as a squad player. If he starts games he won't track back but whenever he comes on during the second half he seems to track back more as he doesn't need to save energy. He'd make a good sub.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah he would, looked lively enough as a sub last weekend and lets face it, every now and then he will destroy someone, just because he can.

And he looked decent at the Euros, I will probably cry if Squillaci and Park are still here using up wages and space in the squad etc etc they should be farmed off for free just to get them off the wage bill. Mind you with Song and Bartley gone do we need a Squillaci or are we happy with Miguel, id have to say Miguel must be a similar standard and he will do for me, but I understand if others disagree.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:24 pm

I'd go for Miquel over Squllaci. At least with Miquel he is getting experience for the future, and he can also play LB which helps. Before Bartley went I'd like to have seen Miquel go on loan to a high championship or a low premier league club but I think he'll be used as a back-up instead now.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 am

I simply cannot see any contest over miquel and squillaci...

To this day I have no idea why..and really what anybody sees in Squillaci...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 am

Valencia got Aly Cissokho for 6m. We should have got him before Santos..he is way better defensively at least.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 am

Isco from Malaga is a great talent too. Can play as winger or attacking mid.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:42 am

ralph avedikian wrote:Isco from Malaga is a great talent too. Can play as winger or attacking mid.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other week he was saying that he had seen a bit of Isco and wished for him to join (Liverpool) his team....

I don't know anything about him....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Well what with contracts stalling with Theo maybe it's a blessing in disguise...

Have a pop with nevas if the talks completly break down...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by James Lock Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm

I know what it's like over there. Nearly got a job with Menorca after they went bust!
Talking to an agent friend over there, he's got ex barca academy players and a centre back from Vallecano and Sociedad's first teams on frees! No one wants. Plus one of the Barca youth coaches - ex Catalan coach of year. Not attached.
Dire times over there, so pretty much anyone could be available outside of the top 2/3 teams.

James Lock
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next