Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reserves / Youth Thread 2012-13

+9
Joey Schwab
kdunn
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Steve Dawson
Chris Chan
Mike York
Michael Foster
Mario
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Reserves / Youth Thread 2012-13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserves / Youth Thread 2012-13

Post by Mario Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Chuks Aneke joins Crewe on loan for a month.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/aneke-joins-crewe-alexandra-on-loan

It's an interesting one with Chuks, he has the talent but he didn't do well at either of his two loan spells last season and now is going back to League 1 but only for a month when usually we send our highly regarded youngsters away for longer. Maybe it's a tester, to see what he has learned and whether he can knuckle down and impose himself on games.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reserves / Youth Thread 2012-13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserves / Youth Thread 2012-13

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:05 am

Hmmm I was looking forward to seeing him in the CC.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Arsenal youngster Chuks Aneke says he did not hesitate to join Crewe Alexandra on loan when he was offered the chance of first-team football.

Aneke will spend the next month with the Railwaymen after undertaking two loan spells in League One with Stevenage and Preston North End last season.

The midfielder has made just one first-team appearance for Arsenal and is looking forward to the opportunity to play for Steve Davis' Crewe.

"I'm really delighted to come to Crewe because I have heard some really good things about the club," the 19-year-old told the club's official website.

"Now I just can't wait to get started. As soon as I heard there was interest from Crewe, I wanted to come.

"Everybody knows about Crewe. They like to play their young players and the football that they like to play. They like to bring through talented players, and I am obviously a young player who wants to play games too.

"I feel like I am ready to test myself. At the moment I think it is vital that I go out and play some games. I am desperate to show what I can do, and hopefully I can do that here at Crewe. I am raring to go."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8063298/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Francis Coquelin is determined to make a name for himself at Arsenal, but admitted he may look to move on in January if he is not featuring in the first-team.

The France Under-21 international was rewarded with a new long-term contract at Emirates Stadium at the start of the year and made 17 appearances for the Gunners last term.

He spent the previous campaign out on loan with Lorient and was linked with a summer back to his homeland with the Ligue 1 outfit, while Everton, QPR and Aston Villa were all credited with an interest in his services.

The 21-year-old held talks with manager Arsene Wenger prior to the new season where he was assured he was part of the manager's plans for the new campaign.

Coquelin hoped the departure of Alex Song would see further opportunities come his way and is now looking to dislodge the star trio of Abou Diaby, Mikel Arteta or Santi Cazorla from the line-up.

He told L'Equipe: "In July, I met the coach and he told me I am a full member of the team and he relies on me. Looking at who we have signed, they have trust in me.

"Alex Song left for Barcelona and they didn't (sign) another defensive midfielder.

"When I didn't play in the first three matches it made me think about it. But I know I will get an opportunity and I will seize it.

"Arteta, Diaby and Cazorla are great players, who have more experience than me. But during training sessions every morning I am not behind them.

"I am 21-years-old, I know I cannot be patient any more. This year is the right season to make a name for myself at Arsenal.

"I have given myself six months and then I will take stock. If I see it is blocked, I will go somewhere else. But for now I know I have the qualities to make a name for myself at Arsenal."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8064812/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:56 am

Ok, let's put this in the right place...

Chuks Aneke
Crewe 0-0 Tranmere
Saturday, September 8
Chuks Aneke made his Crewe debut on Saturday, coming on as a 63rd-minute substitute in their 0-0 draw against Tranmere.

Daniel Boateng
Oxford United 2-4 Exeter City
Saturday, September 8
Daniel Boateng was an unused substitute in Oxford United's 4-2 defeat at home to Exeter City on Saturday.

Samuel Galindo
Sporting Gijon 1-1 Deportivo Lugo
Sunday, September 9
Samuel Galindo came on as a second-half substitute in Lugo's 1-1 draw against Sporting Gijon.

Denilson
Sao Paulo 1-1 Internacional, September 6
Santos 0-0 Sao Paulo, September 9
Denilson played twice as Sao Paulo completed two games over the weekend. The midfielder played the full 90 minutes in their 1-1 draw against Internacional on Thursday before being sent off in a 0-0 draw with Santos on Sunday.

Wellington
Ponferradina 0-1 Villareal
Saturday, September 8
Wellington did not feature in Ponferradina's 1-0 defeat to Villareal on Saturday.

Is that Denilson's 3rd or 4th red card since he's been back to Brazil?

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Wellington
Villareal 0-2 Ponferradina
Wednesday, September 12
Wellington came off the bench and scored in Ponferradina’s 2-0 away win against Villareal in the Copa del Rey. The striker came on in the 54th minute and netted the Segunda Division side’s opener just two minutes later.

Samuel Galindo
Deportivo 0-1 Racing Santander
Wednesday, September 12
Samuel Galindo started Deportivo Lugo's 1-0 Copa del Rey defeat against Racing Santander. The midfielder was replaced after 71 minutes.

Denilson
Atletico Mineiro v Sao Paulo
Thursday, September 13
Denilson was suspended for Sao Paulo's 1-0 defeat away to Atletico Mineiro.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Chuks Aneke
Stevenage 2-2 Crewe Alexandra
Saturday, September 15
Chuks Aneke was sent off in the 73rd minute of his full debut as Crewe surrendered a two-goal lead to draw at Stevenage.

Benik Afobe
Bolton 2-1 Watford
Saturday, September 15
Benik Afobe was booked as Bolton beat Watford to win for the first time in three league games. The striker was a second-half substitute, playing the final half hour.

Daniel Boateng
Burton Albion 4-0 Oxford United
Saturday, September 15
Daniel Boateng started Oxford's comprehensive defeat against Burton, but was substituted at half time.

Ju Young Park
Valencia 2-1 Celta Vigo
Saturday, September 15
Ju Young Park made his Celta Vigo debut in the team's 2-1 defeat to Valencia. Park started on the bench, and came on after 72 minutes.

Sao Paulo 3-1 Portuguesa
Saturday, September 15
Denilson played the full 90 minutes in Sao Paulo's comfortable home win over Portuguesa.

Wellington
Barcelona II 2-1 Ponferradina
Saturday, September 15
Wellington was a second-half substitute in Ponferradina's defeat against Barcelona II. The striker came off the bench with 15 minutes remaining.

Ryo
Manchester United 4-0 Wigan
Saturday, September 15
Ryo Miyaichi was an unused substitute in Wigan's 4-0 defeat against Manchester United.

Nicklas Bendtner
Genoa 1-3 Juventus
Sunday, September 16
Nicklas Bendtner was an unused substitute in Juventus' victory at Genoa.

Samuel Galindo
Lugo 2-4 Huesca
Saturday, September 15
Samuel Gallindo was an unused substitute in Lugo's home defeat against Huesca.

Philip Roberts
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-1 Aberdeen
Saturday, September 15
Philip Roberts did not feature in Inverness' 1-1 draw with Aberdeen. Inverness have yet to win this season.

What this doesn't mention is that Aneke's red card was a straight red. I saw it on Sky Sports News, he lost the ball in midfield around the halfway line, it bounced a few yards away and he lunged in two footed. I doubt it was malicious, probably frustration/trying too hard, but those tackles are a guaranteed red card and he can have no complaints. And he knew it with his reaction, head on the ground upset at what he did. Not a good start, he also got a red card on loan last season.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 pm

He is only there for a month and that might keep him out 3 games? Oh dear.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:05 am

Our U21s play tonight, spot the odd man out Razz

Martinez, Bellerin, Squillaci, Miquel, Meade, Eastmond, Eisfeld, Henderson, Olsson, Akpom, Watt

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:20 am

He must feel bad, poor useless bloke.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am

I sometimes feel for him, then I think fuck him he could be playing football elsewhere if he took a pay cut. Surely that's the only reason he hasn't moved? Actually I'd probably take the money too

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:06 pm

I was at the U21 game last night. Really dull game, and to make it worse there was a guy sitting behind me who did nothing but talk utter utter bollocks for 90 minutes (Apparantly the ref was trying to give Norwich a goal, and Norwich were 'going for the man' every time they got near an Arsenal player and didn't have their arms down by their sides, and other nonsense!). Really dull game where not much happened. Even hard to pick out a stand-out performer as no one played particularly well. I guess Watt looked dangerous on the few times we managed to get forward properly. Norwich's goal was very poorly defended.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:29 am

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/conor-henderson-joins-coventry-city-on-loan

Would have liked to see him against Coventry first but nevermind, goodluck to him he "should" shine at that level.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:00 pm

The popular song that could be sung to the tune of the Dick van Dyke Mary Poppins classic Chim Chimney at The Emirates very soon, as the German teenager continues to turn heads in Arsenal's youth and reserve teams.

Theo Walcott’s contract wrangling’s have been a slight sour note on Arsenal’s excellent start to the current campaign. While it has taken a while for a whole new attacking set-up to blend efficiently enough to score goals they have been defensively solid and the form of Gervinho in particular sees Theo Walcott watching on from the side-lines as he contemplates whether he will play for Liverpool, Juventus or whoever next season.

The reaction from the majority of Arsenal fans is one almost of dismissal at the moment, perhaps heightened by their euphoria at a positive start after last season’s disastrous opening. Not to mention the return to form and fitness for Abou Diaby and Jack Wilshere’s baby steps back into first team action.

They may be right, as Walcott has not achieved the very high expectations first predicted for him and while he falters the aforementioned Gervinho and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain thrive on his employment indecision.

Yet there is better news for Gunner’s fans as waiting in the wings there is a young man who could turn out to be even superior to the 23-year-old England international. 17-year-old German Serge Gnabry has been causing a real stir in the youth team since arriving from Stuttgart in 2011.

He starred for the German side at the 2010 Nike Cup winning player of the tournament and turned down the advances of Manchester City to sign with the North London club and by all accounts he is a terrifyingly talented young man.

A promising sprinter as a youngster his pace is obvious, blistering some might say and youth defenders across the country have been left tasting his dust for the past year. Not only is he fast but a potent finisher to boot, admitting it is an area of his game he has practiced a lot since he decided to quit athletics and focus on football full-time.

If he continues to develop to the predicted correlation Arsenal fans will soon be singing his name from The Emirates.

Here is just a general collection of his talents; it will be exciting to see him playing in the League Cup, hopefully this season…

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/09/21/mn-who-needs-theo-walcott-weve-got-serge-gnabry/

A video of Gnabry at the bottom of the link
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 am

Seems like quite a talent.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:14 am

Coventry have signed Conor Henderson on a three month loan.

And … erm … he’ll play for Coventry for three months and then he’ll come back to Arsenal. Unless the loan is extended in which case he’ll stay.

The Coventry manager, who sounds suspiciously like a former Man United player, said, “In Conor, we have a very clever midfield player with a wand of a left foot in the mould of players like Michael Carrick and Chris Brunt who is desperate to play and hungry for it.”

Chris Brunt? What kind of a way is that to welcome a new player to your club? Anyway, good luck to the young Irishman, may the loan do him good.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/09/henderson-joins-coventry-on-loan/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

"Chris Brunt? What kind of a way is that to welcome a new player to your club? Anyway, good luck to the young Irishman, may the loan do him good."
Hahaha that one made me LOL

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 am

Ju Young Park
Celta Vigo 2-1 Getafe
Saturday, September 22
Ju Young Park scored the winner in Celta Vigo's triumph over Getafe. Park scored after 69 minutes, just three minutes after being introduced as a substitute.

Ryo
Wigan 1-2 Fulham
Saturday, September 22
Ryo was introduced as a 76th-minute substitute in Wigan's defeat against Fulham at the DW Stadium.

Benik Afobe
Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Bolton
Saturday, September 22
Benik Afobe was introduced as a 66th-minute substitute in Bolton's victory against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Conor Henderson
Coventry 1-2 Carlisle
Saturday, September 22
Conor Henderson made his Coventry debut as his new side lost at home to Carlisle United. Henderson came on in the 23rd minute.

Philip Roberts
Hibernian 2-2 Inverness
Saturday, September 22
Philip Roberts made his Inverness debut in their draw with Hibernian. The striker came on as a 71st-minute substitute.

Nicklas Bendtner
Juventus 2-0 Chievo
Saturday, September 23
Nicklas Bendtner made his Juventus debut in the club’s win against Chievo. The Danish striker replaced Fabio Quagliarella with 10 minutes to go.

Sao Paulo 1-0 Cruzeiro
Sunday, September 23
Denilson started Sao Paulo’s home win against Cruzeiro. The midfielder was shown a yellow card before being replaced after 84 minutes.

Wellington
Ponferradina 2-2 Almeria
Saturday, September 22
Wellington Silva came on as an 83rd-minute substitute in Ponferradina’s draw with Almeria.

Samuel Galindo
Recreativo Huelva 3-0 Lugo
Saturday, September 23
Samuel Gallindo came off the bench as Lugo were convincingly beaten by Recreativo Huelva. Gallindo came on in the 74th minute.

Chuks Aneke
Crewe Alexandra 1-1 Leyton Orient
Saturday, September 22
Chuks Aneke was suspended for Crewe's draw against Leyton Orient.

Daniel Boateng
Oxford 0-2 Bradford
Saturday, September 22
Daniel Boateng was an unused substitute in Oxford's home defeat against Bradford.

Joel Campbell
Real Betis 1-0 Espanyol
Saturday, September 22
Joel Campbell did not feature in Real Betis’ home win against Espanyol.

Still early season but would be nice if more of our loanees were starting for their clubs.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/eastmond-and-watt-loaned-to-colchester

Eastmond and Watt to Colchester for 3 months. Colchester are 3rd bottom of League 1, so that sounds about right.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:07 am

These guys don't have a future at Arsenal. They are not even young anymore.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Philip Roberts
Inverness CT 4-0 Dundee United
Saturday, September 29
Philip Roberts scored his first Inverness CT goal in their convincing 4-0 victory over Dundee United. Roberts was substituted in the 88th minute.

Ryo
Sunderland 1-0 Wigan
Saturday, September 29
Ryo came on as a substitute in Wigan's defeat at Sunderland. The forward replaced James McArthur after 85 minutes.

Sanchez Watt
Colchester 3-1 Hartlepool
Saturday, September 29
Sanchez Watt played 81 minutes in Colchester’s win over Hartlepool. The striker set up the home side’s first goal.

Craig Eastmond
Colchester 3-1 Hartlepool
Saturday, September 29
Craig Eastmond played the full 90 minutes as Colchester beat Hartlepool.

Conor Henderson
Oldham 0-1 Coventry
Saturday, September 29
Conor Henderson started at Boundary Park as Coventry beat Oldham. The young midfielder was substituted in the 51st minute.

Ju Young Park
Granada 2-1 Celta Vigo
Sunday, September 30
Ju Young Park played the entire game as Celta Vigo slipped to a narrow defeat against Granada.

Wellington
Real Madrid II 1-2 Ponferradina
Frida, September 28
Wellington was brought on at half time as Ponferradina fought from a goal down to beat Real Madrid II.

Samuel Galindo
Lugo 2-0 Mirandes
Saturday, September 29
Samuel Galindo was a 79th-minute substitute in Lugo’s 2-0 home win over Mirandes.

Player Profile - Benik Afobe

Benik Afobe
Bolton 0-1 Crystal Palace
Saturday, September 29
Benik Afobe missed Bolton’s loss to Crystal Palace with a suspected groin injury.

Nicklas Bendtner
Juventus 4-1 Roma
Saturday, September 29
Nicklas Bendtner did not feature in Juventus’ resounding victory over Roma.

Coritiba 1-1 Sao Paulo
Sunday, September 30
Denilson did not feature in Sao Paulo’s draw with Coritiba.

Chuks Aneke
MK Dons 1-0 Crewe
Saturday, September 29
Chuks Aneke did not feature as Crewe’s five-game unbeaten run came to an end at MK Dons.

Daniel Boateng
Rotherham 3-1 Oxford
Saturday, September 29
Daniel Boateng was an unused substitute as Oxford lost their sixth successive league game.

Joel Campbell
Malaga 4-0 Real Betis
Saturday, September 29
Joel Campbell was suspended for Betis’ emphatic defeat at Malaga.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:29 pm

I was at Underhill last night for the NextGen match against Olympiacos. Finished 0-0. We lost to them 2-0 in Greece last month so are currently 2nd in the table.

The Greeks had their own little cheering squad at the game which were loud and the final whistle was greeted with celebrations from the Greek bench so you knew who was the happiest with the point.

There was no real standout performers from our side, the first half we created the best chance with Gnabry going through and pulling wide but we didn't really create much and our game had no fluency. Eisfeld was quiet throughout. Olympiacos were relatively comfortable without creating much themselves.

2nd half, the game was played on their terms for first 20mins or so, in that we didn't dominate and dictate the flow of the game the way we wanted to. They were organised and disciplined and we struggled to break them down. They had their first chance from a corner during this period. But in the last 20mins or so we started to get at them and the chances started to arrive. Gnabry had a couple, Akpom had a shot saved, and it looked like we might finally get through the way it was going. But it wasn't to be.

On the break though in the 88th minute they went route one from keeper to striker and our last man Monteiro was caught out, the keeper came out, bit of a collision and the ball broke 25 yards from goal at an angle for their striker who curled it just wide. So we almost lost it.

These matches are good tests for our youngsters. 3 games to go, we need at least a win and a couple of draws if possible to get through. Would be disappointing to go out in the groups with the reputation our youth system
carries.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:07 am

I was gonna go to this, until it started peeing down with rain. Doesn't sound like I missed much. I'll probably go to the game on Monday, seeing as Sagna and Wilshere may feature.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:52 am

Thankfully the rain stopped once I got to the ground, but yeah, on the journey there I was starting to regret it a couple of times.

I'd like to go to Monday's game but won't be able to make it. If Wilshere, Sagna and Frimpong all play I can imagine a healthy crowd.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:15 pm

One of the goals of the weekend from... Denilson.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/video-arsenal-midfielder-scores-long-range-wonder-goal-for-sao-paulo-v-palmeiras/

Chuks Aneke also scored the equaliser for Crewe in a 2-1 home win (he's extended his loan for another month).

Edit: Aneke's goal. And what a goal! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwRwyyZTtx4

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Chuks Aneke celebrated the extension of his loan deal with Crewe Alexandra by scoring his first goal for the League One side in their 2-1 win over Hartlepool yesterday. The 19 year old, who had missed three games through suspension, found the net on the stroke of half-time to draw his side level.

Benik Afobe was one of several Bolton Wanderers players who were allegedly the subject of racist abuse from Millwall supporters during their 2-1 defeat at The Den yesterday. Afobe played the final 20 minutes after replacing David Ngog.

Craig Eastmond and Sanchez Watt both started for Colchester United, but couldn’t prevent their temporary side from going down 3-1 to Yeovil. Watt, who was replaced with 10 minutes remaining, skewed one effort wide, whilst Eastmond played the whole game.

In League Two, Daniel Boateng was introduced just before half-time in Oxford United’s goalless draw with Gillingham, whilst, in Scotland, Philip Roberts turned in another impressive performance on Friday night, playing all but the last five minutes as Inverness dispatched of Ross County.

Ryo was an un-used substitute for Wigan Athletic against Everton and Conor Henderson was not part of the Coventry City squad that beat Bournemouth.

Joel Campbell again missed for Real Betis through suspension, but Ju-Young Park emerged off the bench early in the second half for Celta Vigo against Sevilla.

Wellington came off the bench to play the final half an hour for Ponferradina, but Samuel Galindo didn’t feature for Lugo.

Denilson scored an impressive goal for Sao Paulo, his first for the club since his return, in their victory over Palmeiras, whilst Nicklas Bendtner‘s Juventus side take on Siena today.

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2012/10/07/aneke-and-denilson-hit-stunning-strikes-for-loan-clubs-brown-debuts-as-u18s-lose/

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next