Reserves / Youth Thread 2012-13

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reserves / Youth Thread 2012-13

Post by Mario on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 pm

May as well start a new thread for the new season.

Loan Watch

Benik Afobe
Burnley 2-0 Bolton
Saturday, August 18
Benik Afobe played 31 minutes as a second-half substitute as Bolton returned to the second tier with a 2-0 defeat to Burnley at Turf Moor on Saturday.

Nautico 3-0 Sao Paulo, August 16
Sao Paulo 3-0 Ponte Preta, August 19
Denilson appeared twice in three days as Sao Paulo ended a run of three straight defeats with a 3-0 victory over Ponte Preta. The midfielder played 67 minutes before being replaced in the second half. On Thursday, Denilson had played the full 90 minutes as his side suffered a 3-0 defeat against Nautico.

Ryo
Wigan 0-2 Chelsea
Sunday, August 19
Ryo did not feature in Wigan Athletic's 2-0 defeat to Chelsea at the DW Stadium on Sunday.

Joel Campbell
Athletic Bilbao 3-5 Real Betis
Sunday, August 19
Joel Campbell did not feature in Real Betis' opening-day thriller against Athletic Bilbao in La Liga.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/44570/loan-watch-

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reserves / Youth Thread 2012-13

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Any idea what's going on with toral?? Not seen nor herd anything...thought he was ment to be a 'next biggest thing'????

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 pm

He scored the consolation on the weekend in the under-18's 5-1 hammering at the hands of Bolton.

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/173456/youth/bolton-wanderers-v-arsenal-yth?tab=report

He's still young, only 17, so would expect him to spend most of the season at the under-18's/Youth Cup and maybe play the odd game for the under 21's towards the latter part of the season if he's made sufficient progress.

Speaking of which, still tickets available for the under 21's matches at the Emirates tonight and Saturday -

Tickets are still available for tonight's Under-21 Premier League fixture between Arsenal and Bolton Wanderers at Emirates Stadium (kick-off 7pm).

The newly-formed Arsenal Under-21s begin their campaign in north London, giving local fans a great opportunity to see the next generation of stars in action.

Tickets are on general sale and are priced at £4 for adults and £2 for concessions. They will also be available from the Box Office until 6pm.

The new Barclays Under-21 Premier League replaces the Reserve League South/North for 2012/13, with a new nationwide structure designed to raise competition at youth level and encourage the progression of young players.

The young Gunners will be back at Emirates Stadium on Saturday to face Blackburn Rovers.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/tickets-now-on-sale-for-under-21-matches

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Cool nicely done....don't check out that page as much as I should lol

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 pm

I was surprised Ryo didn't feature for Wigan at all. I thought he'd be on the bench and get a run out at some point.

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Makes two of us....I watched the game and they could have done with a bit more spontaneity up front...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:29 am

Eisfeld scores again (for the reserves this time), could Wenger have done it again...

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:29 am

Incidentally Martinez got sent off and gave away pen which Bolton conceded. We now lead 2-1 Eisfeld and Henderson

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:30 am

As I type this we get a pen and now lead 3-1 with 10 men (Henderson pen)

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:53 am

definitely going to the next one, bargain for £3

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 am

We won 3-1. Came from behind with 10 men.

Henderson was impressive in midfield, nice technical player with a sweet left foot. Scored a really good free kick and smashed home an unstoppable penalty. He played in midfield with Yennaris as DM.

Eisfeld scored from a rebound after their keeper pulled off a good save. Was a goal that a player like Freddie used to score for us or Tim Cahill. He always seems to be in the right position to score, a very good trait to have.

James Shea made some excellent saves after coming on. We didn't play well in the 1st half, didn't really test their keeper. Akpom up front was a handful though and Gnabry showed good skills but wasn't involved that much. Good workout, Bolton were pretty tough.

Wenger spent almost the whole 2nd half inside the directors box watching Utd-Everton. He caught a glimpse of RVP on the bench as he was heading out, had a wry smile and said something to Steve Bould and then left.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 am

Feels weird with Reserve games not being 5 mins away at Underhill now. Are all home games at Emirates or will there be some at Underhill?

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 pm

I like what I'm hearing about Eisfiled. As for Henderson, he did impress in the Carling Cup a two seasons ago, can he make it at Arsenal or is he another Lansbury?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:I like what I'm hearing about Eisfiled. As for Henderson, he did impress in the Carling Cup a two seasons ago, can he make it at Arsenal or is he another Lansbury?

Pretty hard to say, at least he appears to have a better attitude than Lansbury which will always help. The problem for players like Henderson and Eisfeld are... Wilshere, Ramsey, The Ox, Carzola, Arteta, Diaby, Rosicky, Arshavin. There is just a huge amount of talent ahead of them in the pecking order, then again they will be given a run out in the Carling Cup and Wenger is probably the best manager for giving youngsters a chance. Also it is not inconceivable that we take a wrath of injuries and we have no choice

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Steve Dawson wrote:Feels weird with Reserve games not being 5 mins away at Underhill now. Are all home games at Emirates or will there be some at Underhill?

The Next Generation games against Marseille, Olympiakos and Athletic Bilbao will be at Underhill, as will Everton, Norwich and Reading in the next couple of months.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Watched the highlights on .com. Henderson has a good left foot, Eisfeld looked good but the one who caught my eye at 16 was Akpom, what a promising talent he may be. Looks huge!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Watched the highlights on .com. Henderson has a good left foot, Eisfeld looked good but the one who caught my eye at 16 was Akpom, what a promising talent he may be. Looks huge!

Yup Gnarby and Bellerin (sp?) were stand outs as well, future looks good. Where was Toral though?

kdunn
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Toral was on the bench but he did play the whole under 18's game two days earlier. Plus, he's a midfielder and our two centre mids, Yennaris and Henderson, were two of the three most experienced players on the pitch (with Miquel) so they would naturally start ahead of him.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 am

Under 21's beat Blackburn 3-0. Watt, Eidfeld (again) and Henderson.

Eidfeld has a Freddie Ljungberg/Paul Scholes quality of being in the right place at the right time when it comes to bursting into the box to get on the end of a move or finding space in the box. Instinct of a striker. I don't know where the rest of his game is at the moment in that he isn't dominating this level like a Wilshere or anything, as he plays out right mostly and drifts into the middle, but technically he seems fine, although he's a bit small. Hope to see him in the League Cup get some minutes.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViBpm5fiz8U

kdunn
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Joel Campbell
Real Betis 1-2 Rayo Vallecano
Saturday, August 25
Joel Campbell made his Real Betis debut on Saturday, playing 20 minutes as a second-half substitute in their 2-1 defeat to Rayo Vallecano.

Wellington
Ponferradina 2-0 Alcorcon
Saturday, August 25
Wellington made his Ponferradina debut on Saturday, playing 18 minutes as a second-half substitute for the Segunda Division side in their 2-0 win over Alcorcon.

Benik Afobe
Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest
Friday, August 24
Benik Afobe played 22 minutes as a second-half substitute in Bolton's 2-2 draw against Nottingham Forest at the Reebok Stadium on Friday night.

Sao Paulo 2-0 Bahia, August 22
Corinthians 1-2 Sao Paulo, August 26
Denilson played two full matches as Sao Paulo extended their winning run to three matches. The midfielder played 90 minutes in their 2-0 win over Bahia on Wednesday before starting as Sao Paulo beat Corinthians 2-1 in Sunday's derby.

Ryo
Southampton 0-2 Wigan
Saturday, August 25
Ryo did not feature in Wigan Athletic's 2-0 victory over Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium on Saturday.

Samuel Galindo
Las Palmas 1-1 Deportivo Lugo
Saturday, August 25
Samuel Galindo was an unused substitute in Deportivo Lugo's 1-1 draw against Las Palmas on Saturday, after joining the Segunda Division team on Thursday.

2nd game now where Miyaichi hasn't featured at all, not even as a sub.

Tomorrow is the start of the NextGen series, Arsenal vs Marseille at Underhill is the 1st match.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Henri Lansbury to be sold to Nottingham Forest. (Btw, strangest start to an article I've seen, seems they've forgotten to type in 'Arsene')

Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has agreed to offload midfielder Lansbury to the Championship club after accepting Forest's bid over the weekend.

Lansbury, 21, was in talks with Forest before their Capital One Cup game with Wigan Athletic and is expected to officially complete his move on Wednesday.

The England under-21 international has been with Arsenal since the age of nine but has been loaned out to Norwich and West Ham in the past two seasons.

Forest will make Lansbury their ninth summer signing after the takeover by Kuwaiti millionaires the Al-Hasawi family.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9503395/Arsenal-set-to-sell-midfielder-Henri-Lansbury-to-Nottingham-Forest-in-1m-deal.html

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:06 am

I'm sure he'll be a success in the championship. I liked Lansbury, especially after his goal against Spurs in the CC, but realistically he wasn't going to make it as an Arsenal player - especially in central midfield.

Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

View user profile http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:53 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Under 21's beat Blackburn 3-0. Watt, Eidfeld (again) and Henderson.

Eidfeld has a Freddie Ljungberg/Paul Scholes quality of being in the right place at the right time when it comes to bursting into the box to get on the end of a move or finding space in the box. Instinct of a striker. I don't know where the rest of his game is at the moment in that he isn't dominating this level like a Wilshere or anything, as he plays out right mostly and drifts into the middle, but technically he seems fine, although he's a bit small. Hope to see him in the League Cup get some minutes.

Yeah he isnt someone you can see being given the ball all the time at the moment, more someone the opposition will forget about and he will score an important goal, its a good quality to have.

Aneke looked very good in this game some fantastic passes, I hope he plays in the CC this year as well.

For me im looking forward to seeing Aneke, Henderson and Eisfeld the most in the CC at the moment, on the CC I reckon perfect to give Wilshire some minutes again for me.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 am

No Miyachi again for Bolton in the league cup.... WTF?!?!

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top