Arsenal v Sunderland

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal v Sunderland - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal v Sunderland

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 am

well that is gonna be us SLATTED BIG TIME BY THE PRESS.....

pressure applied as of full time...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:55 am

Well that was frustrating.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:56 am

The way Piers Morgan is mouthing off on Twitter you'd think we'd just been relegated by being beaten 8-0 by Spurs.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:00 am

Don't forget that Piers Morgan is the greatest of all time. No one even comes close to this man. He is a master of hyperbole.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kique.canto on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:03 am

Anyone else annoyed by the amount of times Larsson went down and how shitty Foy was?
kique.canto
kique.canto
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dbruce5 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 am

We looked good defensively except for the very beginning. Gervinho looked dangerous but I think we really missed the Ox.

dbruce5
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:26 am

wenger talking to press rght now:

Wenger: 'We played with a good spirit... we lack sharpness at the moment and we couldn't convert our chances.We were not very balanced and we didn't create enough. They blocked our midfield

Wenger on selling Song: 'We have Wilshere coming back now, we have Diaby back, we have Rosicky not far away and we might bring someone in'

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:32 am

Heh on another note...the slags down the roadost to Newcastle....lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:42 am

Michael Foster wrote:Heh on another note...the slags down the roadost to Newcastle....lol

No matter how bad things look/get for us, one thing we can always count on is for spurs to put a smile on our faces...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:50 am

As for todays game. Not a great result but not too bad considering that the new boys are gelling in still, think cazorla was excellent barring a couple of easy push overs, have high hopes for how much better he can become, walcott looked dangerous at times but Gervinho was my man of the match for a lot of the game, looked very lively and looks that he might just have an excellent season. I don't like the idea of not having a proper DM'er in the team, not sure if that was Diaby's role today but if it was then he was up field too much, although this was just a sunderland team looking for a point and that didnt create too much, I'm afraid Diaby might go forward way too much for a DM. Again defence looked solid barring a couple of mistakes, as per usual. Hope those get ironed out as we go along. Here's to 3 points next game then and to seeing a more cohesive side soon.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 am

Jason Morrison wrote:As for todays game. Not a great result but not too bad considering that the new boys are gelling in still, think cazorla was excellent barring a couple of easy push overs, have high hopes for how much better he can become, walcott looked dangerous at times but Gervinho was my man of the match for a lot of the game, looked very lively and looks that he might just have an excellent season. I don't like the idea of not having a proper DM'er in the team, not sure if that was Diaby's role today but if it was then he was up field too much, although this was just a sunderland team looking for a point and that didnt create too much, I'm afraid Diaby might go forward way too much for a DM. Again defence looked solid barring a couple of mistakes, as per usual. Hope those get ironed out as we go along. Here's to 3 points next game then and to seeing a more cohesive side soon.

Thought Wenger was spot on in his post match interview, we struggled to break down a very negative Sunderland side and just lacked a bit of creativity in the final third. He also mentioned a couple of times that the speed of our passes wasn't fast enough which I also thought during the game. Carzola looks to be an absolute cracking buy though, if only Giroud had put that chance away...

On a side note, Im not too upset with the result, just ask Utd about starting slow(ish). It's just that with what has gone on in the last few days, I think the club and fans would have gotten a real lift and a sense of closure had we won today. Now the question will continue to be asked about how we deal without RVP and how he would have taken that chance. We do need to be more clinical in front of goal, but it wasn't a terrible performance, would just prefer it if we would have a settled team playing well from the start of the season and not four games in.

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:58 pm

From the first kick of the game I changed my prediction for the result to a draw....within the first 5 minutes it was clear Sunderland were gonna do nothing and sit everybody back and defend all game....
All in all apart from not having quick movement on the ball from front to back we played well..the press jumped on the back of the team straight away for not scoring with the guaranteed 'no robin..no goals' defence looked apart from the first 5 minutes tidy well shaped and pressed well...mid apart from as I said a little slow on the ball kept the ball well,cazorla was brillant...good eye for goal..hit some cracking passes..and could well justify his price in the future...gervinho looked a man possessed,brilliant runs guilty of a couple of good scoring passes going stray..but all in all looked like a new signing in itself...
As for the front two..don't really think we could have asked any more apart form a goal...

Good signs all round a slightly more tricky game coming up against stoke with lessons learned from this game hopefully Come to fruit against stoke....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Duo: No Song, but new boys sing from same hymn sheet

Mikel Arteta believes that Arsenal should have no problem coping without Alex Song and claims the organisation shown on Saturday by the Gunners new look midfield bodes well for the future.

Assuming the responsibility for sweeping up danger in front of the defence, the Spaniard expertly marshalled the centre of the park against Sunderland providing a solid platform for Abou Diaby and Santi Cazorla to probe further up the field.

With Nuri Sahin tipped to sign on loan and the likes of Tomas Rosicky and Jack Wilshere due back from injury, Arteta told Arsenal.com that he was very positive about the future.

“I felt really comfortable when I played with Alex last year, he was a terrific player,” reflected the 30-year-old after Song’s departure was confirmed.

“But if he and the Club decided that the best option was for him to leave we have to accept it. I think we are good enough to carry on without him.

“We looked really organised on Saturday, just maybe in the final third we didn’t take the chances we should have done.”

Accepting that the new faces at London Colney will need time to settle, as he himself did last year, the ex-Everton man continued:

“It will take a while because there have been some new players coming in and we are building a new team. We have lost some important players too so we will need some time. But we wanted to start with a win and that is why we are disappointed.

“We know that our new players can make the difference as well. We will have to give them a chance to settle into a new place.”

Having been tipped by Arsene Wenger to come good, despite a muted debut, one of those new boys, Lukas Podolski, has also been given a hearty pat on the back by close friend Per Mertesacker.

“It was tough for him [on Saturday] because it was his first game up front,” said Mertesacker to Arsenal Player of his compatriot.

“I think he will get used to the game, switch on quickly and score a lot for us.

“You have seen that he has a good technique and he is good in possession. We have the players who can pass him the ball. He is a good finisher too and we will see that in a couple of weeks.

“We saw a lot of misunderstandings [against Sunderland], especially in the first half. One guy maybe wanted the one-two, the other in behind. So we need a bit of time, especially with the new players. We had a few new players who were playing their first game over 90 minutes. But I think it is coming.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/duo-no-song-but-new-boys-sing-from-same-hymn-sheet/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+Arsenal+news+site%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4