Santi Cazorla

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Santi Cazorla

Post by rea.nolan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm getting tired of that 7-Nations' army Cazorla chant.
I think we should come up with something more imaginative...
of course fans should sing to him, it's just that the tune has been lifted from umpteen other football chants.
Santi deserves something original, all his own.

I propose something to the tune of La Cucaracha
(it's a Spanish song, after all...)

Santi Cazorla, Santi Cazorla
scores them from outside the box
Santi Cazorla, Santi Cazorla
(finish this with something that rhymes with box)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiBUDRWaSgQ

rea.nolan
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 pm

He wears a pair of red socks?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pwoodman1 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm

He's never had chicken pox? Laughing

pwoodman1
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:56 am

He is the dogs bollocks??

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rea.nolan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 am

he's our cunning Spanish fox

rea.nolan
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 am

Far too complicated for the`faithful`at the Emirates to sing

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rea.nolan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 am

la cucaracha is too complicated?

rea.nolan
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm

In the last few games we have seen Santi moved into the front three in the team, something I suggested we should do earlier in the season, I think its a much better fit personally and sees us play more like a 4-4-2 than we have done for a long time with Santi dropping a little deeper and attacking the box from deep leaving Walcott and Giroud as our most advanced players, it also adds a little to our midfield to have a more rounded midfielder into the middle three and allowing Wilshere to move forward more often and have a little more freedom. The loser in this scenario is Podolski but im convinced if we try him as a Centre Forward that he will score, he doesnt contribute loads off the ball granted but his stats are decent, a good substitute to bring on, we need mroe from both Rosicky and Chamberlain from the bench if we are to finish well though...

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Cazorla joined the Gunners at the start of the season from Malaga helping fire Arsenal to fourth place with 12 goals and 14 assists.

Overall, the 28-year-old was pleased with his performances, which saw him named Player of the Season by the club, and is targetting and even better campaign next term.

"The way football is played here is different [from Spain], it is a bit faster and less tactical," Cazorla told Arsenal.com.

"That is what I really like about England, football is more fun and more attack minded.

"Every year I try to improve, that is my goal - to reach new heights and hopefully I will be able to do even better next season.

"I want to help the team, to feel good within the team and help the team win trophies. We need to learn from the last 10 games in the league.

"We played very well and we hope to have an even better side [next season] and play well from the start and compete with the biggest sides."

Cazorla is currently on duty with the Spain national team and scored in a 2-1 win over Haiti in Miami as part of their preparations for the Confederations Cup.

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/news/detail/item981251/

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Cazorla won't be back until after the international break.

A good move by Wenger if he is actually close to returning. In stead of him playing at West Brom, he can stay out of the internationals and get 2 weeks rest.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung on Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:53 am

i cant wait to see santi and ozil playing on the same field.... good or bad i want to see how they combine and create

deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:52 pm

I think they are both the type of player who can play with anyone. Unless they run into each other.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:24 am

It can only be good, there is no bad that can possibly come of it. Both superb players who will compliment each other so well, I think Cazorla could benefit with even more goals if im honest but we will see.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:11 am

Am I the only one who thinks that it's a bit harsh on Cazorla what with all the hype about Özil? Don't get me wrong, Özil is a world-class player, we needed one or two MORE, caps doesn't put enough emphasis on more. Yes he's that marquee signing and all and we really need him and a striker to back Giroud up. But as supporters of a massive club we forget that we have Santi, Wilshere, Ramsey, Podolski, Giroud, Arteta and to some extent Theo who are all top quality footballers (all pretty much in their prime/top form except Poldi and Santi) with Santi being, in my opinion, one of the best midfield talents to play for us. Leaves me gawking when he sends those diagonals across the pitch straight onto a teammate's boot. Left, right. Doesn't matter.
The Özil signing has sparked life into this Club. It sends a message of intent out to the rest of the footballing world but I just can't help but feel it's a bit rough on Santi, getting injured put him out the spotlight as well...
Don't want us forgetting how good our Little Spaniard is Sad

This is me ranting because I'm bored as fuck during this fucking interlull.

Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:34 am

Makes total sense to me.

Cazorla is a brilliant player. Every bit as good as Mata or Fabregas but playing in his own way. He's unique just as the other two are.

He had a very good season last year. Apart from the quality of his play, we need to remember how many games he played. A long tiring season probably with a tiny dip in the middle. He has such quality though that even a slightly less prominent period for him was still good.

I think if we'd signed him for £30m everyone's attitude towards him would've been different. Stupid but it seems that football fans think like that. They want a "statement signing". Ozil certainly was one and we're all delighted we got him but I was amazed we got Cazorla so easily and with so little fuss. Every other side in Europe could've made good use of him in their side, without exception.

I can't wait to see him back. It will be interesting to see how him and Ozil can be fitted in the side. They're our two outstanding talents (imo a level above everyone else) but other players have made a real mark this season.

One point I would disagree on. I'm not sure the Ozil signing has sparked life into this club on its own. A boost to morale, an exciting signing it was. However, the quality on the pitch has above all been down to an overall improvement in the side. We retained players, the side looks the most cohesive in the league and some momentum has been carried on from last year. Ozil has added yet more quality but we were already heading in the right direction imo.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Kind of agree with your sentiments there. I would say, I am soo looking forward to seeing him back as well though, glad he isn't in the Spain squad and will be fresh after the break. I said it before but I think he has a good eye for goal and will benefit massively from having Ozil in the same team, I think he can get 15 Premier League goals this season if he doesn't get injured again now. Big statement but firmly believe its possible.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:54 am

Ozil got us pretty excited because it came after years of penny pinching, bargaining, and getting second rate players (well, most of the time), and yes, it is a bit harsh on our little Spaniard to be missing out on one of the best runs of the club in recent history, but we all know his quality, and really, we all can't wait to have him back, it's not like we forgot about him and think we don't we need him anymore now that we have Ozil. Been waiting for the two to combine since that glorious September day when we got the Mesut.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 am

Agree with Vanig.

Im thinking Walcott cant be too far away imagine lining up with Cazorla, Ozil and Walcott behind Giroud one day soon.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:40 am

that would be an awesome lineup .... i think ozil would the key to unlocking walcots speed, hopefully walcot will deliver the finished product

deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:26 am

Agree with John though, the team as a whole has improved, Özil signing aside... Didn't mean for it to come across otherwise.. It's just Cazorla had a solid transfer fee too if I remember well... Miss that little fella. Can't wait to see him throw those ambidextrous diagonal passes again Very Happy

Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:12 pm

With Ozil doing the creative stuff, I wonder if Cazorla can concentrate more on scoring, and become the Pires style 14 goals per season midfielder/winger?

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:22 am

Cazorla on why Arsenal are better with Ozil in the middle

It is fair to say that Santi Cazorla has not had nearly the same influence for Arsenal this season as he did last time around. Early injuries meant it took the Spaniard a long time to really get going this season, along with the fact that Mesut Ozil came in and nailed down the central attacking midfield position that Cazorla played in for much of last year.

After his sparkling performance and two goals against Fulham, however, it looks like he is getting right back to his best. That has also led to suggestions that it might be a good idea to move him back into the middle, with Ozil suffering a little dip in form, but Cazorla does not really agree with this.

Speaking to Arsenal player, the little magician was talking about the strength in depth and versatility that the Gunners have in midfield areas, with each player having their own special attributes as well as working really well together. He also feels that he actually works better from wide areas while Ozil thrives in that central role.

Cazorla said, “I think that our style of play is ideal for me, Rosicky and Mesut as we’re players who enjoy linking up in tight spaces. From there, the results take care of themselves because we are enjoying ourselves.

“We are all different. For example, Jack is a very strong player who grabs the team by the scruff of the neck, which is impressive for a player of his age. Then you have Rosicky who is a direct player who likes to change the speed of the game. He likes quick moves and breaking down the defence with a forward run.

“On the other hand you have Mesut and I, and we are quite similar in certain areas of our games but he has a different philosophy to me. He enjoys the freedom of being the main, central attacking midfielder that sits behind the forwards, whereas I enjoy the freedom that playing wider gives me to cut inside.

“Each player is different and the good thing is we all complement each other. We’re all comfortable p;laying with each other.”

It is good to hear, because you often hear about many players in the same team all preferring to play in the `number 10` role. We know that Santi can do a good job there if we need him to, but the fact he is happy playing out wide is a real bonus.

With Lukas Podolski fit again and pushing for a starting role on the left, however, I wonder if it is time to see how Cazorla does on the right. What do you think?

http://justarsenal.com/cazorla-on-why-arsenal-are-better-with-ozil-in-the-middle/29959

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:29 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top