The deadwood departures

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The deadwood departures

Post by Jason Morrison on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Apparently Park is at celta vigo right now...

Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:No news on Park, Squillaci, Chamakh or Arshavin.....

I did see somewhere...cannot remember if it was on sky or BBC that chamakh is set to leave....but hey we prob won't know what's going on til gone midnight tonight....

This did make me chuckle today....

VDV is leaving for Hamburg the deal for loiris fell through and with modric gone....people say we have to worry!!

The wankers down the road have A LOT more to panic about!!

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Yeah Kaboul is out for 4 months as well and they are still talking about offloading Michael Dawson, ridiculous!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Michael Foster wrote:

I did see somewhere...cannot remember if it was on sky or BBC that chamakh is set to leave....but hey we prob won't know what's going on til gone midnight tonight....

VDV is leaving for Hamburg the deal for loiris fell through and with modric gone....people say we have to worry!!

Let's not set our sights on the scum to feel more comfortable..we need to more than that.. a lot more..

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Bendtner gone to Juventus 1 year loan.

Park gone to Celta Vigo 1 year loan.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Park gone, but we will pay big amount of his wages.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:Bendtner gone to Juventus 1 year loan.

Park gone to Celta Vigo 1 year loan.

I say this very loosely tounged.....but bendtner could come back quiet a lot better.....and loaning him out has almost stamped him into wengers plans...unless it's option to buy??

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:28 pm

It is option to buy and clearly Lansbury, Bartley, Vela, Denilson, Botelho, and dozens of others loaned, then sold would contradict what your saying, do you think Park is part of his plans? They have gone on loan simply because thats ALL WE COULD GET! lol

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:28 pm

ralph avedikian wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:

Let's not set our sights on the scum to feel more comfortable..we need to more than that.. a lot more..

My sights are firmly set on arsenal....

My love for all things comical and laughing at the misfortune of others is firmly set on spurs.

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Hmmmm Adebayor, Sigurrdsson, Dembele, Vertonghan and maybe Llloris and Moutinho........WE REALLY SHOULDNT BE LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:17 am

Ahhh but as they say will they take time to jel...and for that matter improve compared to last season or better than our squad....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:19 am

If anybody does want a good laugh on deadline day go to BBC football on their live feed for transfers...funniest I have seen in years! The comments are crackers!!

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:26 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Bendtner's problems were all off the field complaining and not being happy at the club, remember the game where he fell out with Adebayor on the pitch that was the beginning of the end for me, if we played a slightly different system and he actually got 10-12 starts in a row then I think he would have scored 15 goals a season for us, still better than Chamakh but doesnt like Arsenal anymore.

I think you guys are rewriting history a bit.

He never said he was the best, just that he wanted to be the best. It was changed by the press to make a story.

I don't blame for wanting to play more, but he kept getting injured at times where he would be playing. Everytime RVP got injured, he did. Like start of the season before last, RVP was injured, so was Bentdner, so Chamahk played. Happened a couple of times before. We can't keep space for him so he comes straight back from injury.

Luck more than anything. Although I'm not sure he could ever be a top Arsenal player, as he doesn't quite suit the style.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:28 am

I never mentioned anything about him being the best did I? No.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:31 am

I will say this as I have said before I do feel a bit sorry for him...the guy set his sights high and who can blame him...

Sometimes he had cracking games and could be that difference we would need....
Just needs to focus more...

Anybody remember the blinder he had against Liverpool??

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 am

Jenks1981 wrote:I never mentioned anything about him being the best did I? No.

It was in response to this post as well, both after each other.

Jason Morrison wrote:Bendtner is by no means a bad player, remember two seasons ago how important he was to us in the 2nd half of the season, scoring crucial goals to help us to CL qualification. His only problem is that he believes he's better than what he actually is and thought he had to start ahead of the likes of RVP. I think he'll be very successful at Juve.

So in response to your post, please disregard the 'being the best' bit and consider the rest.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:47 am

I don't disagree with what you've said other than that people are trying to re-write history, which is a little dramatic, everyone has an opinion.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:35 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:He never said he was the best, just that he wanted to be the best. It was changed by the press to make a story..

Not talking about on this board but in general it does bug me when people accuse him of saying he is the best. He never did, just that he wanted to be the best which is a perfectly good attitude to have as a footballer. Some people seemed to look for reasons to not like him even if it meant distorting truth.

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Mike York wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:He never said he was the best, just that he wanted to be the best. It was changed by the press to make a story..

Not talking about on this board but in general it does bug me when people accuse him of saying he is the best. He never did, just that he wanted to be the best which is a perfectly good attitude to have as a footballer. Some people seemed to look for reasons to not like him even if it meant distorting truth.

Agree. If he was scoring goals for us right now, no one would remember it like that, or be mentioning his arrogance.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:12 pm

From wikipedia:

Carlisle United
On 31st August 2012, Sanchez completed his permanent transfer from Arsenal to Carlisle, signing a 3 year deal. The transfer fee is thought to be around £75,000, He stated the reason for moving that he saw a flying pig and Wikipedia actually got something right and also wanted to to follow the foot steps of former Carlisle legend Richard offiong.

Sounds plausible.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 am

Having been sent out on loan to Italian side Juventus for this season, Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner couldn't be blamed for thinking his position at the North London club may be more than marginalised.

However Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was quick to squash such speculation Friday, revealing that he still considers the Danish striker key to his team's future (via The Guardian).

Speaking to reporters at the UEFA elite club coaches forum in Switzerland, Wenger addressed Bendtner's situation in no uncertain terms.

"It is not for nothing that I loaned him to Juventus. He is a talented player. There he will grow and then return to my team," he said.

"Don't forget, he is a boy of 24 years. The right age to prove who he is. The talent is not missing, otherwise I would not have bought him from Copenhagen when he was just 16 years old."

Bendtner has come in for criticism from some in the past, most notably for his temperament off the pitch.

However, earlier this year, his international teammate Daniel Agger claimed that the striker had turned a corner, at least in his attitude for Denmark (via Tribal Football).

"Bendtner lived in a bubble when he came into this team," Agger told reporters in June. "He was always 'here I am' and 'I can do it', but he has really evolved in a positive direction."

"Just look at the match on Saturday and see how much he ran for the team. Often he got nothing out of it himself, but he helped the team by putting pressure on so we could get the ball."

Last season, Bendtner impressed whilst on loan at fellow Premier League side Sunderland, scoring eight goals for the Tyne and Wear club.

If he can continue his improving form at Juventus, a future in the Arsenal set-up is by no means impossible.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1326446-arsenal-epl-news-wenger-believes-nicklas-bendtner-could-still-star-at-arsenal

Bendtner possibly to return next season?

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:20 am

It works either way. If he turns out to be shit, we've saved a year of wages. If he turns out to be a gun, we can get him back.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Like Arseblog mentioned it, why would Wenger say he's shit when he plans to sell him next season? That would lower his price. Besides, Wenger is contradicting himself here, not long ago he said that van Persie had no reason to go to Italy because the league is shit there, now he's saying that it's a tough league. Bendtner doesn't have a future at the club.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40 pm

ahrstic wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:Not sure if there was a single thread for departures this summer or whether its going in the Summer Transfers thread, or what, so sorry if this is duplication but things are happening now so seems ok to put this all somewhere...

Sheer amount of "deadwood" we have merrits its very own thread. One can build the whole new team from our spare players.

In general, our surplus players don't attract very much attention around. There was talk of getting rid of Vela, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, Djourou & co. also in the past seasons and most we could do were loans. Im not sure we'll do better this year. Fingers crossed!

At least Almunia is gone!
This isn't a "you were wrong" reply to the guy who wrote this, it's just that I took the first post in this thread which considers Diaby as dead wood. When he's fit for a good period of time, we know he can be class, but it's just that he's never fit and is even considered as dead wood. Come on Diaby, do yourself and us a favor and have a great season.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Hmmmmm 4 games so far this season and looking strong, he is bound to pick up an injury at some point, bound to! I'm not concerned about that its the impact he makes when he is fit thats of importance, being consistant and playing at the level he has in his last Arsenal game and for France last night. I hope both can happen, consistant fitness and consistance performance...

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top