The deadwood departures

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The deadwood departures

Post by Mike York on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Bendtner seems to be attracting interest so am guesing he will be bought this summer by someone.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/197657.html# - links him with Anzhi, Zenit, Stuttgart and Hamburg.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/11/arsenal-may-finally-see-the-back-of-nicklas-bendtner-with-hamburg-planning-swoop-3536239/ - Hamburg.

I've read quite a lot about him and Hamburg the past week or so. Seems the most solid rumour.

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:25 am

Bendtner should go to a team where he'll be the primary striker. He's not the best in business, but he likes to think so. Hence it'll be better both for him and his new club is he can start week in week out.

Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 pm

I remember him saying he aimed to be the best but he never claimed to be the best.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:14 pm

But he still turns down offers from good teams and thinks that Barcelona and Real Madrid are interested in him.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 am

I agree with Jon, I remember him saying he wished to be the best but never said he was the best. I liked his attitude. He could have a bad game then put it behind him easily and have a great game instead of dwelling on it like lesser confident players would. And in fairness to him I remember solid interest in him a few years back from Bayern and the Milan clubs, he had big clubs interested, but his father (agent) said he wanted to prove himself at Arsenal.

Though after a disappointing year or so he should goto a club where he will be the main striker and get games. He does well for Denmark and is capable of great moments, he needs consistency though.

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:23 am

According to a report in the Brazilian media, Sao Paulo now have no interest in keeping Denilson on a permanent basis once his loan ends at the end of June meaning Arsenal will have to source another buyer if they are to offload the midfielder this summer.

Despite earning regular game time, estadao.com.br claim that a recent drop in form (comedy own goal anyone?) and an untimely and unseemly spat with a fan via social media will cost Denilson the chance to strut his stuff at the Morumbi in the long-term.

The 25-year-old initially returned to his former club on a temporary basis ahead of the 2011/12 season before being granted an extension for the length of this term after impressing during last year’s Sao Paulo’s Copa Sudamerica triumph.

As recently as January Sao Paulo spoke positively about keeping Denilson with vice-president Paulo de Jesus Lopes stating:

“I believe we’ll reach an agreement with Arsenal. We have heard from Denilson that he doesn’t want to return to England, that he wants to stay here with us.

“I think our relations with Arsenal will help that to happen.”

The player himself also talked about the potential deal in February claiming that talks had already begun.

“We are talking slowly. I have a quiet mind as I feel the confidence of São Paulo in me. I believe that we can get it right, but I prefer to focus on the matches.

“Lets leave the contract to my lawyer to resolve with São Paulo.”

Alas, highlighting three main reasons for not pushing forward with the deal, Estadao’s report first claims the player has lost the trust of the management due to a lack of effort before citing Arsenal’s £7 million asking price and alternative midfield options as key factors in Sao Paulo’s change of tack.

The article maintains that Sao Paulo, presumably out of respect for the player, won’t speak publicly of their desire to return Denilson to North London until his contract ends on 30 June.

Amazingly, having signed a new deal at Arsenal in September 2009, our crab-like DM still has another year left on his contract at the Emirates. He’s not played for us since May 2011 but with one last chance to get a fee for him this summer Arseblog News suggests Ivan Gazidis and Dick Law start sending YouTube links and highlight DVDs to as many clubs as possible…

It’s either that or we accept he’s going to be paraded as Diaby’s replacement.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/04/sao-paulo-ready-to-send-denilson-packing/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+Arsenal+news+site%29

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:29 am

Looks like no out an out defence mid will be likely anytime soon....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Denilson gone.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:18 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Denilson gone.

Just a few more to go..hopefully Wenger gets the taste for axing the deadwood....

Where did we offload him to?

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dbruce5 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:04 am

Just cancelled his contract

dbruce5
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:45 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2335093/Denilson-likely-return-Brazil-Arsenal-cancel-contract.html

Thank you, 60k+ off th wage bill, couple more to go...

Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:41 am

Denilson, squillaci and Arshavin all gone.

That's great. Freed up something like 150k+ of wages at least. (40+40+90 maybe??)

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Arsenal have agreed terms with five teams for the sale of Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner. The forward spent last year on loan at Juventus but the Italian club will not take up their option on a permanent deal.

The tall striker has had a number of different options since making the move away from Arsenal on loan, but with just one year left on his current deal at the Emirates the club have decided to let him leave now to generate quick funds.

Bendtner told reporters: "Arsenal have agreed with five clubs, so now it’s up to me to make a choice.

"Maybe within the next 14 days, when I then go out and travel. They are good clubs where I more or less have talked with the coach at all of them

http://www.eyefootball.com/news/13649/Arsenal-agree-Nicklas-Bendtner-sale.html

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:10 am

The clearing out is going well...Vito mannone has just been sold also...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 am

Nicklas Bendtner has vowed to “give everything” to Arsenal this season after failing to secure a move away from the Emirates Stadium.

The 25-year-old Denmark forward has found himself slipping out of the first-team picture over recent campaigns, resulting in him being loaned out to Sunderland and then Juventus, where he suffered a thigh injury and failed to score a goal.

Bendtner had been lined up to join first Eintracht Frankfurt earlier this summer, but could not agree personal terms with the German club - with his current Arsenal deal worth a reported £52,000-a-week.

Both newly promoted Hull - managed by Steve Bruce, who had the striker on loan at Birmingham as a raw talent in 2006-07 - and Crystal Palace were also keen to try to broker a deal.

Arsenal looked to bring in some attacking cover on deadline day, when they broke the club record transfer with a £42million deal for Mesut Ozil, but they could not push though a loan deal for Demba Ba with Chelsea, which led manager Arsene Wenger to decide against letting Bendtner leave.

While clearly disappointed he could not get a "fresh start" somewhere else, Bendtner, who is currently recovering full match fitness, maintains if called upon he would be ready to throw himself back into action in an Arsenal shirt for the first time August 20, 2011.

In a statement released by the player's representatives, International Football Management, Bendtner said: "It is no secret that Arsenal and myself had agreed that I could leave the club during the 2013 summer transfer window, subject to an agreement between all parties.

"An agreement had been reached with more than one club this week, but as Arsenal were unable to secure the services of another striker, they reserved their right to not sanction any deal to be concluded.

"Naturally, I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to a new challenge, with a new club and a fresh start in English football.

"Many things have been said about my where my future lies after many years at Arsenal; the truth is I just want to play football which is when I am happiest and Arsenal is a fantastic environment for any professional to apply their trade.

"I still feel very strongly about Arsenal Football Club and following positive talks with the manager, I am looking forward to working hard to regain full fitness and doing my very best to help to the team and the manager fulfil our objectives and ambitions this season.

"I have learnt a lot from my loan experiences at Sunderland and Juventus, and I want to assure all Arsenal fans that I will give everything I have to contribute to what I believe will be a successful season for the club."

http://www.arsenalfcweb.co.uk/Latest-Arsenal-News/Bendtner_vows_to_give_everything_to_Arsenal_.php

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:06 pm

A bit of humble pie after saying he never wanted to play for Arsenal again?

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArseHenry on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:46 pm

"Positive talks with the manager."

Happy. Smile Come on Bendtner, head down, show us what you've got!

ArseHenry
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:A bit of humble pie after saying he never wanted to play for Arsenal again?

indeed...not only that its a hope that it will smooth over the fans in the fist game..

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:22 am

Will be disappointed to ever see him play for us again, far too many prospects that deserve chances ahead of this man.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:11 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Will be disappointed to ever see him play for us again, far too many prospects that deserve chances ahead of this man.
If I remember correctly, you're the guy from the facebook group with the profile pic where you look like Bendtner? Very Happy

Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Marko Maksimović wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:Will be disappointed to ever see him play for us again, far too many prospects that deserve chances ahead of this man.
If I remember correctly, you're the guy from the facebook group with the profile pic where you look like Bendtner? Very Happy
Isn't he the guy that looks like John Terry?

Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:
Marko Maksimović wrote:
Isn't he the guy that looks like John Terry?
See now I could've sworn that I had this same argument with someone on the group Very Happy
When you glanced at the thumbnail he was Bendtner's twin but once you opened the pic or looked closer, splitting image of Terry Very Happy

Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 am

Hahaha!

I look just like me and neither of them please, I hope im ageing better than John Terry is anyway.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top