The deadwood departures

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The deadwood departures

Post by Jenks1981 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:40 am

Not sure if there was a single thread for departures this summer or whether its going in the Summer Transfers thread, or what, so sorry if this is duplication but things are happening now so seems ok to put this all somewhere...

Unfortunately we arent making any cash out of Denilson, he is staying in Sao Paolo on loan for the entire season.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/denilson-extends-loan-spell-at-sao-paulo

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The deadwood departures

Post by Jason Morrison on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:49 am

Atleast they're paying all of his wages so no loss tp us really.

Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:52 am

Where did you get that from?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ahrstic on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:00 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Not sure if there was a single thread for departures this summer or whether its going in the Summer Transfers thread, or what, so sorry if this is duplication but things are happening now so seems ok to put this all somewhere...

Sheer amount of "deadwood" we have merrits its very own thread. One can build the whole new team from our spare players.

In general, our surplus players don't attract very much attention around. There was talk of getting rid of Vela, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, Djourou & co. also in the past seasons and most we could do were loans. Im not sure we'll do better this year. Fingers crossed!

At least Almunia is gone!

ahrstic
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:28 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Where did you get that from?

Saw it on Young Guns blog's twitter yesterday, though I'm too lazy to go search his source right now, but he's usually reliable.

Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:48 am

Jason Morrison wrote:

Saw it on Young Guns blog's twitter yesterday, though I'm too lazy to go search his source right now, but he's usually reliable.

Just to add its usualy the way a loan deal goes......

you lend they spend...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:45 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:

Just to add its usualy the way a loan deal goes......

you lend they spend...

On the contrary id argue that MOST of the loan deals we have done over the last few years have been something like a 50:50 wage contribution especially with players like Denilson who must earn 40,000 pw or therabouts. Thats why I querried it as id hedge my bets that we are paying some if not most of his wages still.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7883771/Viola-make-Chamakh-approach

Fiorentina in for Chamakh for a reported 4.5M. Hopefully this comes off...

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 pm

A lot of clubs set it as 50 50... I think it's been the case when a big club 'helps out' a smaller one..

As for chamakh....Tata...so long..good bye.....
Next.....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 pm

"Just to add its usualy the way a loan deal goes......you lend they spend"

"A lot of clubs set it as 50 50... I think it's been the case when a big club 'helps out' a smaller one.."

Nothing like contradicting yourself is there in the context of the conversation, you imply that its 100% wage contribution then say most clubs do 50:50. Pah!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:44 pm

HAHAHAH!!! THERE IS ME KNOWING and completly wrote it out arse about face...lol

Right what I ment is....

Clubs on a usual will pay a huge lump if not all of the wages....as in those doing the borrowing...

The bigger clubs seam to help out more and pay a 50/50.....there is no set rate at what it should be...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 pm

And completly of course forgetting...there is normally a loan cost from the receiving club paid to and upfront

eg. denilson £500.000 to arsenal from Sao Paolo...50/50 wages.

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 pm

That's surely bollocks that Sao Paulo are paying all his wages. Just think logically about it, the only reason it's a tempting deal for them is because they're not committed to keeping him and because they don't have to pay all his wages. Quite the opposite, they know he represents wages we're trying to get rid of, yet they can't interest him in a permanent deal because he's happy to earn £40,000/week, whether it's one club or two that is paying.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:16 pm

From what I have read john it's a 50/50 deal as already stated....they paid £500.000 upfront and I think we will receive another payment at some point for him staying put for another season...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 pm

John Foxall wrote:That's surely bollocks that Sao Paulo are paying all his wages. Just think logically about it, the only reason it's a tempting deal for them is because they're not committed to keeping him and because they don't have to pay all his wages. Quite the opposite, they know he represents wages we're trying to get rid of, yet they can't interest him in a permanent deal because he's happy to earn £40,000/week, whether it's one club or two that is paying.

This^^

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:
John Foxall wrote:That's surely bollocks that Sao Paulo are paying all his wages. Just think logically about it, the only reason it's a tempting deal for them is because they're not committed to keeping him and because they don't have to pay all his wages. Quite the opposite, they know he represents wages we're trying to get rid of, yet they can't interest him in a permanent deal because he's happy to earn £40,000/week, whether it's one club or two that is paying.

This^^

This^^ agreed

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Sao Paolo took him on loan last season, so they know what he's all about. I don't see why they wouldn't pay all his wages, they get him for two years - maybe another next year - and no transfer fee.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 am

Well I've tried to find out about the Denilson situation and I've found this -

Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog
São Paulo will pay all of Denílson's wages, and Arsenal have option to cancel loan if they receive a suitable offer. Good deal.

and... http://www.lancenet.com.br/sao-paulo/Reuniao-renovacao-Denilson-contrato-quinta-feira_0_730727074.html

That article is in Portuguese so if anyone understands the language it would be helping the rest of us out.

Or, here's a 'translated' version from BabelXL site -

After a long meeting on Wednesday, in CT of Barra Funda, Alexandre Soares, lawyer, Denilson and the Director of football Adalberto Batista, hit the hammer and on Thursday the wheel will sign a contract for one more season in São Paulo.

the steering wheel moved to Campina Grande, in Paraíba, his homeland, after victory over Cruzeiro and end the first link. He has already bought ticket and just need your signature to consecrate the agreement. The expectation is that it arrives by Thursday morning and head to the CT Barra Funda. With all present in the Blessed Sacrament, must train in the afternoon and can be made available for Sunday.

to arrive at an agreement, the Tricolor had to increase their proposal for the Arsenal. The English club wanted to the back of the player, but the Sampa increased its bid – greater than that of the first contract – and the parties have closed business. Adalbert was in England last week and left the transaction well underway. The last details, which include an increase in the remuneration of Denilson, were defined in the meeting. If you do not remain in São Paulo, the wheel would have to come back early next week for England, it would participate in the preseason.

after a first half without much highlight, questions and expulsions, Denilson gave back over this year and today is fundamental in the schema of the team. He gained further importance after that Wellington (left knee) and Fabricio (left knee) suffered injuries and were out.

In 69 matches for the club – together the two passages – 15 shirt ever made a goal. The steering wheel was saying that I would like to win a title after the revolution and now gained new chance.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:16 am

Well it seams commitments to be retracted.....

Although I am quite sure if we offered him at a slightly lower price they will take him...
Just goes to show us though in one way we are not prepared to cut our losses on anybody...

Working to a very strict budget and balancing of those books behind the scenes...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:38 am

Jenks1981 wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7883771/Viola-make-Chamakh-approach

Fiorentina in for Chamakh for a reported 4.5M. Hopefully this comes off...

SSN also saying "reports in Italy" are Djourou transfer target for Napoli, But we'v heard that before Rolling Eyes

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:29 am

Vela makes permanent switch to Real Sociedad.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1125300/arsenal's-carlos-vela-agrees-real-sociedad-switch?cc=5901

Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:03 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:

Or, here's a 'translated' version from BabelXL site -

After a long meeting on Wednesday, in CT of Barra Funda, Alexandre Soares, lawyer, Denilson and the Director of football Adalberto Batista, hit the hammer and on Thursday the wheel will sign a contract for one more season in São Paulo.

the steering wheel moved to Campina Grande, in Paraíba, his homeland, after victory over Cruzeiro and end the first link. He has already bought ticket and just need your signature to consecrate the agreement.

Love that translation . "Steering wheel" is the direct English translation for volante, BR/Portuguese term for DM.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Dan Hakim wrote:Vela makes permanent switch to Real Sociedad.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1125300/arsenal's-carlos-vela-agrees-real-sociedad-switch?cc=5901

Done or all but done, this is good news.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:55 am

Finally, two out the door. Vela and Almunia. Still worry about the others though - what's taking Squillaci, Bendtner and Arshavin so long? I know Chamakh wants to stay if RVP goes, and Park is basically unmovable, but Bendt and Arsha should be gone by now. I guess we have some 6 weeks left though...

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 am

I totally forgot about Arsha! Maybe we should keep him and use him in his preferred role as number 10. I don't think Rosicky is good enough/fit (although I really like him) to do the job for the whole season. Same goes for Ramsey and maybe Wilshere. Let's not forget that Arsha has real quality passes and a great shot on him.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top