Arsenal FC rocked further by Usmanov

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arsenal FC rocked further by Usmanov

Post by Jason Morrison on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 pm

What the fuck is going on at our club right now!? First RVP comes out with his statement that he wont re-sign and now Usmanov "leaks" a letter of of poor management of our club by Gazidis and the rest of the board. This will no doubt cause a divide amongst fans and will destabilize us even further as a club. I pray to God all this shit gets sorted out by the start of the new season, or else we're pretty much fucked.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/soccer/arsenal-shareholders-criticize-kroenke-after-van-persie-refuses-to-sign-new-deal-161414535.html

Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arsenal FC rocked further by Usmanov

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:11 am

This is going to create a right divide among the fans. Expect Usmanov to milk this situation fully.

Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 am

I have no love at all for Usmanov, or Kroenke for that matter. But these are boardroom affairs, and I care about what happens on the pitch. Our approach has been annoying, but in light of the information we have, certainly sensible. I believe our approach, broadly speaking, should continue.

However, I believe the board's approach to Usmanov is infantile and ridiculous. Like it or not, the man (throw R&W) owns some 30% of the club. As with any other corporation in the world, he is entitled to a place on the board. He is entitled to an opinion on the running of the club. And the board is entitled to either go along with his opinions or reject them - that's how these things work. But to lock him out for however many years it's been is nonsense, it's ridiculous. It's symptomatic of our ultra-conservative and quite ridiculous board.

Usmanov should be given a place on the board, and that is entirely independent of us changing our overall strategy, which I believe we ought to maintain. I also think there is nothing wrong with a share issue as he's suggesting - as long as it's not used by him to increase his voting share and hijack the club. But raising money through equity such as share issues rather than debt is entirely reasonable.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:10 am

As I said in the van persie thread...

I am behind usmanov,the guy very much sounds as tho he is fully committed to the club unlike our shit friend silent Stan....usmanov stands to belive in what is right for our club..
He wants us to compete and overhaul Europe's elite..he wants us to be spending the money on huge players that are for the cause...that said he was always looking for the club to be a good role model of self sustainability but has spoken out in the past regarding where our money is being spent and ultimately on the caliber of player we sign...and of those we don't spend the money on keeping...

In the past teams have taken on these sugar daddies where some have profited from it and some have failed some taking on huge debts notability man u and its caused shock waves through the club...

One thing separates other rich bitches from usmanov...the guy seams to have a genuine love for his team..he after all is a fellow gooner...as where perhaps you look at Roman ramyabitch who brought chelsea because 'he liked the look of the place' and the manc twat owners who are clearly in it for the money...

Usmanov in the past has never been shying away from conflict with the board if a matter that he feels is undoubtedly going to hurt the club one way or another...I thank him for this stand your ground attitude for one reason...

He is a Gooner at heart.

He seams to be standing for what you,me,every Gooner wants,for our club to shine and might just to add it clear with a as of 2012 11.odd billion fortune...money is not the reason of him being here...profits? I don't think so.

For me usmanov gets my vote everytime he speaks out...even when ol silent Stan wanted his shares he stayed knowing he could have made a fat profits on them but undoubtedly stayed because he is a Gooner...he wants what we want..
If arsenal is whistling a tune of good fortune of we do well because we do it right then so be it...

But Christ almighty...why not take him up on his offers and help even more...

Personaly thanks usmanov...you have said what a lot of us want to say.

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:18 am

And just to add my statements are starting to come from a lot of others too....

See the sky sports news page of this...a lot of people are behind usmanov...and good too

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7870197/Arsenal-board-under-fire

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:26 am

I like you Michael because you're a good guy and a passionate fan. But let me get this straight. Your argument is that he's the man for the club because... he loves Arsenal? And he's a Gooner? And money isn't the reason for him wanting to be involved.

Lets rewind back to, umm, yesterday. We all thought Robin Van Persie loved Arsenal. He's a Gooner. Wouldn't betray us. But guess what, it turns out he loves money and success more. And he's just a footballer, not a bloody billionaire who's in the business of making money.

There are many arguments that could be made in favor of Usmanov, but his love for the club is just about the last one that makes sense!

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:42 am

What a coincidence he releases this statement right after Van Persie's. This letter was definitely not intended to improve his relations with the board, more so to gain support from the fans who are distraught by the Van Persie news.

Assan Touray
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:50 am

I agree with your totally on your opinion zaid....

Van persie was love of this and love of that but undoubtedly he is just one player...we hear it all the time then the ringing of bells start as another team opens its cheque book...

Players have a short time at a club in logical terms...they Come and go..it's the first thing spouted out of their mouths...'I have joined because I love arsenal blah blah blah...the usual.

Usmanov quoted saying he wants what's best for the club not what for one man...
This is where the difference is....I am sure it's looking at it like he don't to an extent care for the players of choice but just that he wants the best around and wants them here..no personal choice of person call it if you will...
He in the past has hated the fact Stan has the share power as he knows as we all do Stan don't give two fucks about what goes on....when Stan is quoted saying crap like 'I belive the manager and board know what they are doing and will leave them to it' ( or words to he affect) and I must admit it pissed me off to hear a majority and possible owner say that..
These are the guys YOU WANT TO HERE SPEAK OUT...
Demand what the fuck is going on with the club,board,manager and players...
And usmanov has done just that...

I fully belive and not just me but a lot of people are hearing the same thing..
And want and thank him for standing up to what is right for arsenal...

I fully belive we have a real gem in usmanov...

It's better to have something and not need it...
Than to need it and not have it....

We have somebody who is asking the questions we want to ask...
And seam to have someone who wants to do something about it...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 am

Assan Touray wrote:What a coincidence he releases this statement right after Van Persie's. This letter was definitely not intended to improve his relations with the board, more so to gain support from the fans who are distraught by the Van Persie news.

You only need to search back on previous thing that have happend...usmanov has spoken out before during and after issues

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:40 am

Oh just to zaid....when I say love I am saying that he is someone who it seams really wants to make a difference....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:18 pm

PHW's response to Usmanov 'utter rubbish'

It has long been debated the motives of the directors. And the article spells it out clearly, that while they have not reaped rewards through dividends, and profits have stayed within the club, but they have seen huge capital gains. Then PHW's excuse about this not going to the club is that 'we would have to penalties'. WTF?

It certainly is not Arsenal's style to air such things in public, but I don't think it is destabilising. It is just a bit of robust discussion.

Wenger is the perfect shield for the players, and I am confident it will not effect team performance. Apart from the losing key players, which has happened for over a decade (see Anelka) and to many other big clubs (see Ronaldo and Tevez), which obviously affects the team. So I support Usamanov's public challenge.

There is no question that the club structure should be opened up to investment by board members and other investors, through IPO's or some other means.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Such utter rubbish from the mouths of a director......almost as though it was pulled straight from the book of 'how to cover your arse...badly'

As far as penalties Jonathan the only thing I can think off would be a problem for his bank manager....penalty my arse....

The guy comes out with more shit than a good day at the farm....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:07 am

It is sort of true, there are penalties involved with early debt repayment which often makes it not worth worth doing. And I don't buy the idea that they are doing it solely for capital appreciation - if you're not going to sell until the day you die, that capital appreciation means nothing. Yes, it's nice, but unless you sell that capital appreciation means not a thing. There are subtler issues at play, I don't think it's helpful to label the current board as greedy and money grabbing - it very much is, in my opinion, a difference in philosophy. And I see no reason to trust Usmanov any more or less than the current board, frankly, which makes it very difficult to take a position on this.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:14 am

I don't want to attribute motivations to either the board or to Usmanov, but one thing is for certain...Usmanov has more interest in the well-being and success of the club than RVP does.

jason.mandryk
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 am

Maybe its time to change your avatar there Jason Wink

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Uzbeki steel magnate and Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov has claimed that ex Arsenal striker Thierry Henry is backing him to take the club over. For some time, Usmanov has been buying up shares with the ultimate aim of holding a controlling share in Arsenal, but his 30% stake is comfortable gazumped by majority owner Stan Kroenke, who owns 2/3 of the club`s shareholding outright.

In an interview with L`Equipe, Usmanov claimed frustration that he has been portrayed as "a pirate" by Arsenal`s current ownership, but that he had an Arsenal legend in his corner. "'I like many footballers, and I'm in contact with some of them. Perhaps my favourite of the last ten, 15 years is Thierry Henry. He's pushing me to buy all of Arsenal's shares, but I cannot predict the future,' the Uzbek-born billionaire told L`Equipe.

'When I had the chance to buy some shares and become one of the main shareholders in the club, I didn't hesitate for a second. I was even ready to take total control. That wasn't possible because certain people preferred to make a profit and create, using me, an outside enemy. I remain portrayed as a pirate, an enemy. They have won that game.'

Usmanov went on to claim that Arsene Wenger is being handicapped by the current owner, "For me, he's one of the best coaches in the world, but it's not easy for him,' Usmanov said. 'I think he deserves that players are brought in at Arsenal when they're needed.

'The best players, and not being satisfied with selling our best players to our rivals. If that happens, we can ask everything of him. But, today, he's sacrificed. Because of the policy, and we're all to blame. Everything's in Mr Kroenke's hands, and I hope he succeeds, even if he doesn't go along with my ideas.'

He added: 'The greatest achievement of Arsene Wenger is to have created two teams: the one that now plays for our rivals, and the one that is trying to be among the best in the Premier League.

'That's why I say it's not enough to merely flatter the coach, but to give him the possibility to buy the best players, superstars. But not just stars, but those chosen by Wenger. It's unthinkable that the shareholders get well-paid while, for small clauses in contracts, we lose key players, symbols like Robin van Persie, Mathieu Flamini or Patrick Vieira. We should have increased their salaries when they started to be courted, started to look elsewhere. I don't know why we didn't propose that to them.'

He finished by suggesting his interest in Arsenal was an emotional one rather than dictated by finance, a connection he says was forged by the Arsenal side of the late 90s, 'In my opinion, that team was as good as the current Barcelona side,' Usmanov said. 'It wasn't a question of money or prestige. It's a choice [to invest in the club] dictated by my emotions, those provoked in me by the club. And Arsenal's current situation remains an interesting investment.

'I would like to be useful for the club, and I can be. I understand football well, and can prove it, but I'll never force myself on anyone. For the moment, Arsenal don't seem to need me. But I remain convinced that Arsenal should have only one aim in every competition: first place and winning.

'All other theories are hypocrisy aimed at covering up weakness. I'm a strong man. If someone needs my help, my money, my know-how, anything I possess, I'm always ready.

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=532942

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 am

All of that should tell anybody exactly why and I have been saying all along we should have him on the board as a member that can dictate and help out...not silent Stan who has done exactly fuck all for us....usmanov knows football knows what it is to have a prestigious and well run club...he is not in it for the money but for the success of his arsenal...

We unfortunately took the wrong one onboard....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 am

How does having Usmanov as chairman change anything? Wenger has money to spend and isn't spending it

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:53 am

Or does Wenger.....the thing is he tells us we have the money the board tells us we have the money...but do we???.....having him onboard changes everything....he would have a big pot to play with...and the club run right anyhow...just think of all those transfers that usmanov could get and the money we save on the huge transfer fees pays the wage...

Win..win situation....

He wants the club run right...it is being...he sees its needs a little extra help...and is willing to give it....

Win win situation again.

Having someone on the board who really seams like he wants what ever other gooner wants...success...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:26 am

I don't know if I should believe Usmanov's words or not, but Thierry should not be involved in the club's politics in any way. Legend as a player, let him stay that way.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:10 am

Having people around that loves the club is exactly what we want in a day and age where most are slagging off the commitment and love and desire for the club with who is running it and behind the scenes....

Usmanov has always shown his love and desire for the club to do well I have followed almost everything he has said about the club and tried to understand what it is he wants...

Money or not......he wants to see the club he supports do well...and could be luck for us he has a shit load of cash to help us out.....the way I see it if for some reason everything at the club went tits up who would you rather be behind us to help out Stan or usmanov?

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 pm

You are certainly putting forward a good case for him Michael.

I am less convinced he is a gooner through and through per se. But his persistence over a long duration indicates to me that he is pretty serious. And he seems pretty reasonable too.

I don't think Wenger would be that keen on a Chelsea or Man City approach, and he'd be a hypocrite to follow that model, but I don't think he would resist if Usmanov sensibly pushes him to get a few big signings.

As long as it doesn't 'kill' our youngsters (joking).

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:10 pm

I just never understood why we took Stan on...its been noted by press and so in that he has never really been one to help out if problems arise and yet usmanov has all along said he wants the club run as it has been just is willing to help more when needed....

I cannot see him damaging the club....I mean what exactly could he do to mess things up..

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm

When Kroenke joined he had, still has I think?, a good reputation as a sports team owner in America. That is why I preferred him. I'm torn over Usmanov. He isn't a true Gooner (neither is Kroenke but he doesn't act like he is). He may like the club but he has said many times that Dinamo Moscow are his first team. He has the money but he doesn't seem like a straight forward, trustworthy guy.

I like the fact Arsenal are a well run and self-sustainable club who don't need an Abramovich or a Man City style owner who pumps millions into the club as if it's a toy. Though I am not a fan of throwing money at things to solve problems I just wish we'd spend a liiiiittle more where it matters (contracts to keep key players, the extra million or so to get a good signing e.g. Alonso).

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Mike York wrote:When Kroenke joined he had, still has I think?, a good reputation as a sports team owner in America. That is why I preferred him. I'm torn over Usmanov. He isn't a true Gooner (neither is Kroenke but he doesn't act like he is). He may like the club but he has said many times that Dinamo Moscow are his first team. He has the money but he doesn't seem like a straight forward, trustworthy guy.

I like the fact Arsenal are a well run and self-sustainable club who don't need an Abramovich or a Man City style owner who pumps millions into the club as if it's a toy. Though I am not a fan of throwing money at things to solve problems I just wish we'd spend a liiiiittle more where it matters (contracts to keep key players, the extra million or so to get a good signing e.g. Alonso).

That's how I feel too. It really is a tough position for many Arsenal fans. I'm not happy with Stan though. Arsenal are not a passive investment.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top