Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RVP will not extend.

+21
John Foxall
Jenks1981
Mike York
kdunn
ralph avedikian
Wesley Wang
Dan Hakim
Aseem Bajpai
Michael Schatzky
DaveToffy
Charles Crabtree
Yash
Sami Rockfeller
Alex Hadjicharalampous
vyom.chaudhary
Michael Foster
Mario
rahullakhotia19
Marko Maksimović
Jonathan Prendergast
Zaid Derweesh
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

RVP will not extend. - Page 3 Empty Re: RVP will not extend.

Post by Mario Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:13 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:PS what the hell are you guys talking about? He will still win the league, something he couldn't have done with us in the foreseeable future.

Exactly. And a very good chance of winning the FA Cup as well on top of it.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Mario wrote:
Vanig Bostanian wrote:PS what the hell are you guys talking about? He will still win the league, something he couldn't have done with us in the foreseeable future.

Exactly. And a very good chance of winning the FA Cup as well on top of it.

the less he wins the better...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:04 am

The send off was very reminiscent of his send off v Barcelona.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:09 am

Am I the only one who doesn't think the red card was as horrifyingly bad a decision as everyone is making out? Ref doesn't get to see a replay and to me it looks pretty bad at full speed...

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Chris Chan wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think the red card was as horrifyingly bad a decision as everyone is making out? Ref doesn't get to see a replay and to me it looks pretty bad at full speed...

No, I feel the same way. In fact, I've pissed off quite a few acquaintances with the rant I had on Twitter about how everyone is overreacting about it and how United is normally on the other side of these calls.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Chris Chan wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think the red card was as horrifyingly bad a decision as everyone is making out? Ref doesn't get to see a replay and to me it looks pretty bad at full speed...

No, I feel the same way. In fact, I've pissed off quite a few acquaintances with the rant I had on Twitter about how everyone is overreacting about it and how United is normally on the other side of these calls.

This! I find it funny how my utd friends deny that they're always on the other side of these calls, just gotta laugh. One of them didn't even deny it and just claimed, "this isn't the PL we're talking about now", after I told him that they get these calls in the PL all the time.

Also I think the card was perfectly legitimate by law of the game, sure the ref could've exercised some discretion and given yellow but it's not like it was the worst decision ever the way the media and united fans make out. It wasn't even as bad as the decision that got robin sent off against barcelona. Didn't see anyone make a fuss about it then...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:

This! I find it funny how my utd friends deny that they're always on the other side of these calls, just gotta laugh. One of them didn't even deny it and just claimed, "this isn't the PL we're talking about now", after I told him that they get these calls in the PL all the time.

Also I think the card was perfectly legitimate by law of the game, sure the ref could've exercised some discretion and given yellow but it's not like it was the worst decision ever the way the media and united fans make out. It wasn't even as bad as the decision that got robin sent off against barcelona. Didn't see anyone make a fuss about it then...

Perhaps an unlucky decision for them at ot, which was pleasantly surprising but far from the grave injustice they are making it out to be.

They still had a lead to defend, had they kept their heads they could’ve done that but their fans and even the media reports seem to suggest their players weren’t at fault for the defeat at all.

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Aseem Bajpai wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:

Perhaps an unlucky decision for them at ot, which was pleasantly surprising but far from the grave injustice they are making it out to be.

They still had a lead to defend, had they kept their heads they could’ve done that but their fans and even the media reports seem to suggest their players weren’t at fault for the defeat at all.

I remember a similar challenge by Ferdinand on Sagna a while back. Ferdinand came in studs up for an aerial ball, torn open Bac's jersey. And he got off scot-free if I'm not mistaken. There's a lot of pro-United bias in the media, which absolutely baffles me.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 pm

On one hand, I think all the players were surprised. They thought it was not deliberate by Nani. Normally, any sniff of a red card and the Real Madrid surround the referee.

On the other, seen many harsher decisions than that.

Fuck em anyway.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I didn't think it was harsh. Just because he didn't MEAN to commit the foul doesn't mean he shouldn't be punished. Bottom line is he kicked Arbeola in the ribs. Some players try control a ball, go over it and accidentally commit horrible fouls but they don't get away with it. It wasn't even the worst call the ref made that night so I don't know why Utd fans feel unjustified etc the Higuain goal in the first half should have stood and I didn't see this bit but apparently Rafael handballed it on the line too and nothing was given.

Plus Man Utd players hounding the referee at the end and Rio clapping in his face, then Ferguson sulking so much he once again refuses to do post match interviews? Stay classy Man Utd. I agree with Jon, fuck 'em...
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Regarding the law of the game its a red...I have had no end of arguments with quite frankly idiotic man u fans claiming its harsh done us out of the game so on and so on....the way the who crowd sat open mouthed at it had me in stitches....it was like 'how dare he send of our player' it deserved to go....my argument with the scum fans was if had not laid himself out like he was on the end of the tackle and having a sly look out for the ref and got caught out..he might have got away with a yellow...the ref was fully aware with what he was trying...I think that alone helped him make his mind up....

Still amazed they have not chucked the book at the squad for having a dig/clapping at the ref and Ferguson screaming at him....

Loved seeing robin slope away...hahaha....bitch..right classy bunch you have around you now.....mug.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:57 pm

Also just to add with the red...if you watch the replay..as the ball was played nani looked round and was fully aware of arbeola coming in....the ref was in good sight of the whole thing.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:22 am

Did anyone see his comments about his team mates after last night?

Oh my god how arrogant can the man be?

Misquoted I hope.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:21 am

Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:22 am

Hahaha what a cunt

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum