Return of the Cesc

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Return of the Cesc

Post by kique.canto on Wed May 29, 2013 11:47 pm

The rumor of Cesc to United has really got me worried. I hope and pray that he'll never go there but you can just never be sure.

kique.canto
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Thu May 30, 2013 3:54 am

The cesc to united story has been knocked together by ESPN apparently....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Fri May 31, 2013 10:05 pm

A few things have popped up over the last last week that cesc would decide his future over the weekend....and also that us and united have apparently asked barca to name the price......

I don't know what to make of this.......is it a case of bullshit all round or truth in the matter...one thing I do know is that he has had a week of this floating around probably longer a player of his stature and at the barca if there was no truth in this they would be able to find out sooner than a week right?
This brings me on to it....what if there is truth in it?....we are reportedly saying we can spend this and that but are yet to do so...the players are there for the taking transfer window or not....so why have we not gone out and got targets.....the way I see it is...yes there is truth in this cesc issue....we have not signed anyone nor issued anything because of what could happen with cesc......I know it could look like I am just wishing he comes back and will belive anything put before me.....but its just that nothing but a few stories have popped up.....its no surprise to anyone that he is finding life tough at barca not getting game time and probably won't get regular starts and regular matches with likes of who is before him...and it will stay that way for a good few seasons....

I honestly belive there is truth in this...if I am shown otherwise..oh well but this is one transfer that could just happen....

Would I welcome him back? Absolutely 110% fucking yes....and it would do wonders for the squad!!

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Fri May 31, 2013 10:36 pm

I don't know, all these rumours of cesc moving away reeks of bullshit to me,for all him going over to that lot. Why would barca let him go when they haven't even seen the best of him yet, especially after all that effort to get him. Not to mention Xavi probably only has a year or two in him left. Where are they gonna find a better replacement than cesc? He's their top scoring and assisting midfielder.

Fucking hate Barca though, they're ruining our players careers one player at a time (two at the moment!). They didn't even have space to accommodate him, but they just fucking HAD to take him.

Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:58 am

One thing I wish we as a club would have done is with any given player that wanted out or to go 'home' just had the bollocks to stand and say 'well you know what your not for sale...end fucking of' show the rest of Europe that you cannot come plucking when you want....and also players we have had should also take a realistic fucking look that the grass is not always greener on the other side....

Makes you wonder what position we would be in now if we still had,Cole,henry,cesc,nasri,rvp,.....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:47 am

GeoffArsenal tweeted this morning that someone he trusts told him the Fabregas deal could happen soon.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashraf Peeran on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:54 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:GeoffArsenal tweeted this morning that someone he trusts told him the Fabregas deal could happen soon.

My heart honestly stopped for a second reading that. But, to clarify, are we talking about Cesc to Arsenal or Cesc to United here?

Ashraf Peeran
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:23 am

Ashraf Peeran wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:GeoffArsenal tweeted this morning that someone he trusts told him the Fabregas deal could happen soon.

My heart honestly stopped for a second reading that. But, to clarify, are we talking about Cesc to Arsenal or Cesc to United here?

Cesc to Arsenal.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 am

It's a tasty and partly believable rumour for the press to write stories about over a number of weeks.

So I am very suspicious that has purely been created by them.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:20 am

Cesc was on Radio Catalunya today and apparently said he wasn't going to United. As for Arsenal, he said "they mean a lot to me, they are my second home" and that the club was talking with Barcelona.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:32 am

According to this article, he did say the rumours he will join United are false.

It doesn't mention that Arsenal and Barcelona are talking though.

Would be a huge signing!

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Hisham El Mawan wrote:Cesc was on Radio Catalunya today and apparently said he wasn't going to United. As for Arsenal, he said "they mean a lot to me, they are my second home" and that the club was talking with Barcelona.
Even if we the stories about him returning to Arsenal aren't true, you know what Cesc's "they mean a lot to me" means. He wants to come back

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 pm

So Cesc said he'd leave only if Barcelona don't want him anymore, and the Barcelona vice president has said that Cesc may leave if he wants to. In other words, Barcelona don't really want him and Cesc knows about it. Meanwhile, Irwin said that he is United's top target. Come on Wenger, get Cesc back.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:25 pm

It's been reported that cesc is going nowhere....

Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas tells Marca he wants to stay at Barcelona. The 26-year-old former Arsenal midfielder has been linked with a return to England.

"I have not opened my mouth once," Fabregas told Marca when asked about the link back to the Premier League. "It has taken a lot for me to get where I am and I am not thinking about throwing it all away for nothing. "If they (Barcelona) said that they didn't want me that would be another thing. What I really want is to triumph at Barca - that has been my dream since I was small."

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Michael Foster wrote:"If they (Barcelona) said that they didn't want me that would be another thing.
What's his name their vice president said he may leave. Doesn't it mean he is somehow not wanted at Barca?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:"If they (Barcelona) said that they didn't want me that would be another thing.
What's his name their vice president said he may leave. Doesn't it mean he is somehow not wanted at Barca?

His quotes seem to put the ball in Barca's court. Hopefully they don't want him. Bit of a joke after they lobbied so hard to get him for those years.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:

Not sure of his name....but to be honest I would say this one is dead and buried.....

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:05 pm

http://www.postmatch.org/83/barcas-wage-crunch/

Really interesting article about how Barca have the highest wage bill in all of sports, let alone football, even before signing Neymar.

Alex Song is their 5th highest paid player!

Basically the author conjectures that the Cesc rumours are true, in that Barca have to trim the wage bill and Alexis, Cesc and Dani Alves are the likeliest to be sold.

Still don't think he'll leave BArca, but you never know.
Imagine if Cesc took a wage cut to stay at Barca and ended up getting paid 1/2  of what Song is on ? Haha- lunacy!

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:47 am

Cesc is saying it's up to Barca. Barca are saying its up to Cesc. 

But that's only their first position, so it may shift and Barca could move to sell him on. They may be testing the reaction of fans by the first statement that he will only leave if he wants to leave.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Barca are scum. They're taking advantage of Cesc's love for the club and severely underpaying him by market standards, especially considering his ability. The fact that Song earns more than him, I wouldn't be surprised it's double more, is ridiculous. Not to mention he already took a pay cut to join them. Hope he gets fed up of the way they treat him and moves on or back here, I mean the board undermines him by saying shit like if the right offer comes in they'll sell him and his own fans boo him! Despicable club, through and through!

Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Arsenal.com retweeted you
3h:
Watching Zalalem being labeled the new @cesc4official he might be or might not be as good, might be even better, but I surely miss Cesc #AFC
I might be reading far too much into this and I might have nothing better to do in life here in Sudan, but why would Arsenal retweet this?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:09 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote: Arsenal.com retweeted you
3h:
Watching Zalalem being labeled the new @cesc4official he might be or might not be as good, might be even better, but I surely miss Cesc #AFC
I might be reading far too much into this and I might have nothing better to do in life here in Sudan, but why would Arsenal retweet this?

^or may be Arsenal are in-fact re-signing Cesc and hence retweeted it? Seems like I'm reading too much into it as well as I don't have much to do here in a different city. Very Happy

Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top