Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nerd Herd - Tech Support

+6
Dan Hakim
Samritpal Singh
Michael Foster
Sue Lee
Durrell
Chris Chan
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Nerd Herd - Tech Support Empty The Nerd Herd - Tech Support

Post by Chris Chan Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:30 am

For all you IT queries

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Nerd Herd - Tech Support Empty Re: The Nerd Herd - Tech Support

Post by Durrell Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:22 am

Yeah, I have a query. Is there anywhere you can get non I series Intel HD drivers from? I have an Intel B940 cpu and there appears to be no drivers for it at all
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 am

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:31 am

right cpu, might be what I'm looking for. Cheers
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 pm

anyone know what to do if your HTC phone decides to set its date to 1/6/1980 and therefore not work with any apps, wipe out all calendar entries etc other than doing a factory reset again!!!

i've taken out the sim and turned it on and off a few times but no joy!!! Sad
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 pm

ah ok, manually changing the date to today seems to have fixed it for now!
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:44 am

The battery acts like the BIOS battery on a normal motherboard. Leave it unattached for too long, and the logic board resets the date and time to it's default settings. Quite why January 6th 1980 is that date is unknown to me. If you set the date to the date you want, your phone will automatically set the time when your mobile provider pings you to pick up a signal.
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Right got a question guys and gals...my pc randomly loses sound all cables are fine speakers monitor and so on....the only way I can get it to come back is if I switch off the pc for a min or two....all my equipment is less than 2 years old so cannot see it being a problem regarding that...any ideas??

Many thanks
mike
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 pm

What sound card do you have? Maybe it's not seated properly?

Also go into device manager and see if it's working correctly. There'll be a warning sign next to it if it isn't.
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:21 am

ah it did have a warning sign next to it...just updated driver and its working fine now...happy days!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:42 am

I have an iphone question, for some reason some of my emails come through as text messages I can't work out how to stop them I've looked through all the settings I can think of
If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful Smile
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:17 am

Sue Lee wrote:I have an iphone question, for some reason some of my emails come through as text messages I can't work out how to stop them I've looked through all the settings I can think of

Buy an Android. cheers
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:42 pm

Samritpal Singh wrote:
Sue Lee wrote:I have an iphone question, for some reason some of my emails come through as text messages I can't work out how to stop them I've looked through all the settings I can think of

Buy an Android. cheers

That's real helpful, Sam.

Sue, are they coming to you as text messages, or are you composing emails that get sent as text messages?
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:01 am

They are emails that are coming through as text messages
I have a feeling I set up something about receiving emails on my phone but no idea how to change that??
It's bloody annoying I have to say
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:25 am

First and foremost, you want to make sure that you have your phone updated to the latest software available. If you have iOS 5, you should be able to do that w/o plugging it in to you computer. If you have anything older than iOS 5, you'll have to plug it in to your computer and select "Check for Update" or "Update Software" in iTunes in the iPhone window. BEFORE YOU UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE: back up your phone! Instructions for backing up your phone are below.

If updating the software doesn't fix things:

Try pressing and HOLDING both the power button and home button (simultaneously). The iphone will turn off, keep holding the buttons after it has shut down, then let go when the apple logo appears. You'll be doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work, do this:

If you think it's a settings issue, but can't find the right thing to switch, go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings.

It'll be a pain in the ass to get everything back to the way you want it, but that's the way to change all your settings to default.

If that doesn't work, you might have to restore your phone as if it was fresh out of the box. Before you do that, make sure to back up the phone by plugging it into your computer so it can save all of your stuff. When iTunes opens, it should automatically begin backing up. If it doesn't, right-click on "Sue Lee's iPhone" on the left of the window, and select back up. Let it back up. Once that's done, click the "Restore" button in the main iPhone window in iTunes. DO NOT RESTORE FROM THE BACK UP!!! If you do, you'll just be reinstalling the bad software that was causing the issue. Instead, select "Restore as new". You'll have to manually put all your apps, contacts, calendars, music, books, etc. back on the phone.

If none of these things work, you'll have to make an appointment at your local Apple Store's genius bar and tell them what's happening and what you've done. Keep in mind, I've pretty much told you to do everything they will, but they will be able to explain why your phone is acting up when they run a diagnostic test.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:39 am

Cool cheers dan I'll see what I can do
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:02 am

Question....I have installed windows 7 onto my pc...right this will sound funny but understand I am useless with pc's I got a disk given to me saying this will upgrade my vista...as in UPGRADE it...not as in will up grade it to windows 7....
Now my pc is saying I have a non official copy and would have to buy a full version full price.
To be honest I was happy as it was with vista....any ideas how to reverse this or at least help me sort out this mess......
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Michael Foster wrote:Question....I have installed windows 7 onto my pc...right this will sound funny but understand I am useless with pc's I got a disk given to me saying this will upgrade my vista...as in UPGRADE it...not as in will up grade it to windows 7....
Now my pc is saying I have a non official copy and would have to buy a full version full price.
To be honest I was happy as it was with vista....any ideas how to reverse this or at least help me sort out this mess......

You could reinstall Vista if you still have the serial key.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Question....I have installed windows 7 onto my pc...right this will sound funny but understand I am useless with pc's I got a disk given to me saying this will upgrade my vista...as in UPGRADE it...not as in will up grade it to windows 7....

I think I might have that...can I download vista from Microsoft's site?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:03 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:

I think I might have that...can I download vista from Microsoft's site?

if you still have the license key, just right click My Computer, go to properties, and scroll down until you can see Windows Activation at the bottom of the page. Click on change product key and put in your old one.
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:39 pm

i have virtually no memory left on my laptop and i have no idea how to fee some up, i've transferred all my photos to an external hard drive but i think its itunes that is messing things up
when i upload things to itunes are the only stored there or elsewhere too as i think if that's the case they are poss taking up all my memory

i've tried using the external hard drive for itunes but can't seem to get it to completely transfer
any ideas??
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Sue Lee wrote:i have virtually no memory left on my laptop and i have no idea how to fee some up, i've transferred all my photos to an external hard drive but i think its itunes that is messing things up
when i upload things to itunes are the only stored there or elsewhere too as i think if that's the case they are poss taking up all my memory

i've tried using the external hard drive for itunes but can't seem to get it to completely transfer
any ideas??

In My Music folder. The path is C:\users\<username\My Music\
(where <username> is whatever your windows account is called)
Also download and run CCleaner, should clear up a lot as well.

Also, when we say memory, it will be normally taken to mean RAM. A low memory problem will normally get this advice: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Preventing-low-memory-problems

Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:43 am

Does anyone know how to use SNS-HDR for editting photos? It doesn't seem to be running on my computer. And I'm running Windows 7 64 bit pro, i5 processor, 4gb ram, another 4 on the way... In essence my system specs are much better than the recommended ones but I don't get the interface the help and support page says i should, instead I'm getting a commandprompt window... any ideas anyone?
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:15 am

Durrell so can I delete anything or will that affect my iTunes? Sorry if I'm being a bit dim I dont really understand this stuff, I just wish I could stick it all on the external hard drive and updated my iPod/iPhone from there and free up the laptop some more!!
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:33 am

Sue Lee wrote:Durrell so can I delete anything or will that affect my iTunes? Sorry if I'm being a bit dim I dont really understand this stuff, I just wish I could stick it all on the external hard drive and updated my iPod/iPhone from there and free up the laptop some more!!

You should in theory be able to move them and get iTunes to find them on your external hard drive instead, like google music does. I don't actually know if it works with iTunes though, as I have no hands on experience of it really as it's an awful program in many ways
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next