Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Van Persie Thread

+45
Alan Dawson
chris eades
Vijay Saibola
Alejandro Perreira
marco.batra
chubbtrue
ChippyBrady
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
Sue Lee
fkamil
Vanig Bostanian
Dan Hakim
Will.sheng
JavierVen
Adham Khattab
Jason Morrison
Adriel Williams
pwoodman1
Meshaal
Yash
janelle.noel
Michael Foster
Steve Dawson
John Foxall
kdunn
Marko Maksimović
Greg Waters
Jenks1981
Mike York
DaveToffy
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Subrat Koirala
nick t
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
Jonathan Prendergast
ralph avedikian
Sami Rockfeller
ahrstic
Michael Schatzky
Mario
Ashraf Peeran
Zaid Derweesh
49 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Van Persie Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Van Persie Thread

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Any idea when robin is ment to have these new talks??
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Just to add on the items stated..

In one way I agree that the signings are looking as tho it's one of the best times as of a 2000 era....looking at past transfers I can really only think of arshavin as being a recognised signing...as Wenger usually pulls unknown out of the hat....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 am

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:12 am

Watching SkySports news right now with their reporter darmesh (sp) Anyway he's saying it may be a "wayne rooney" saga since if he's made up his mind, why then hold further talks? And he's made no secret how settled his family is in London etc.
Just stirring things up more I suppose....

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:36 am

if its true it suggests that all of that drama was all about money.
now the question is will all the fans accept him back like nothing happened if he does a u turn or will there be some negativity left towards him.

and more importantly if he signs an extension now should he be the captain for next season.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 am

It depends on whether he's trying to extract more money from us or more money from the board to sign other players. I still think this is all just people looking for more drama, or looking for hope when there is none. I feel he's already gone.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:59 am

Sky Sports sources understand Robin van Persie could sign a new contract at Arsenal after all despite making a statement to the contrary.

The 28-year-old striker stunned the Gunners by announcing his unwillingness to extend his stay at the Emirates Stadium via his own website earlier this month.

With just one year remaining on the Dutchman's current deal this has fuelled frenzied speculation that the player could be heading to the likes of Juventus or Manchester City this summer.

But sources suggest the situation could yet be resolved with echoes of Wayne Rooney's transfer request that preceded his signing of a bumper deal with Manchester United in 2010.

Van Persie has already stated he loves Arsenal and that he will have further talks with Ivan Gazidis when the club's chief executive returns from holiday.

Questions remain about the need for such talks if Van Persie's mind is already made up. But more significantly, it is believed the intention was always for contract talks to occur upon Gazidis' return.

This raises the intriguing possibility that Van Persie's personal announcement that so displeased Arsenal was partly used as an act of brinkmanship ahead of further negotiations.

The Holland international is settled in London where his children are in school and is well aware that his next contract could be the last significant pay-day of his career.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -new-deal-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

skysports had this story but they have removed it now

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi admits Olivier Giroud was signed so the club would not be "cornered" if captain Robin van Persie leaves.

The Gunners captain revealed earlier this month he will not sign a new deal and with his current contract expiring next year he has been linked with a switch to Manchester City.

Unlike last summer when Arsenal were forced into deadline day action following the exits of Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas, the north London club has acted fast to cover a potential transfer.

France striker Giroud and German international Lukas Podolski have already been signed to Arsene Wenger's frontline next season.

Grimandi told le10sport.com: "We want him (Van Persie) to stay, but there is only one year left on his contract so it's complicated.

Bond

"The atmosphere is good at Arsenal. He has been with us for eight years and has a real bond with the club.

"Was Olivier Giroud signed to compensate for his departure? Yes, we worked to avoid finding ourselves in a corner.

"But we are doing everything we can to keep him and we want him to stay with us.

"However, if there is an exceptional offer and he wants to leave, keeping him will be tough.

"I would never have thought, for example, that Thiago Silva could be transferable but he was for a while. There are variables that can't be controlled."
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:28 pm

vyom.chaudhary wrote:Sky Sports sources understand Robin van Persie could sign a new contract at Arsenal after all despite making a statement to the contrary.

The 28-year-old striker stunned the Gunners by announcing his unwillingness to extend his stay at the Emirates Stadium via his own website earlier this month.

With just one year remaining on the Dutchman's current deal this has fuelled frenzied speculation that the player could be heading to the likes of Juventus or Manchester City this summer.

But sources suggest the situation could yet be resolved with echoes of Wayne Rooney's transfer request that preceded his signing of a bumper deal with Manchester United in 2010.

Van Persie has already stated he loves Arsenal and that he will have further talks with Ivan Gazidis when the club's chief executive returns from holiday.

Questions remain about the need for such talks if Van Persie's mind is already made up. But more significantly, it is believed the intention was always for contract talks to occur upon Gazidis' return.

This raises the intriguing possibility that Van Persie's personal announcement that so displeased Arsenal was partly used as an act of brinkmanship ahead of further negotiations.

The Holland international is settled in London where his children are in school and is well aware that his next contract could be the last significant pay-day of his career.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -new-deal-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

skysports had this story but they have removed it now

This story is not very believable, as it has been stated that Gazidis has not been on holiday, and the journalist still does not realise this.

But I do think it is entirely possible that Van Persie will stay on and sign. Mainly, as the other options are not that attractive, compared to what he has at Arsenal. His Holland experience has shown that he has to give some credit to the Arsenal team for creating chances for his goals. And does he really want to go and compete with Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko, and have to play with Nasri and move to Manchester?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:29 pm

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/archives/2012/07/all_hale_van_persie.php

"Robin van Persie has reportedly been spotted house-hunting in Hale, Manchester."
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:56 am

^^^

Apparently the source of that was some cricketer teasing Piers Morgan on twitter before the Euros. So no substance to it.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:13 am

If Robin goes, where does that leave us? yes, we'll move on like we always have and all, but who do we start upfront? Podolski, Giroud, Chamakh, or will Wenger sign someone else? what do you guys think?
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Waters Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:35 pm

If RvP leaves I'd like to see another attacking minded player, somebody who could play in any of the 3 positions behind a main striker- for me, options of Giroud, Podolski and Chamakh (or maybe another, less shit, striker) are arguably more in depth than last year. Still think we're a bit low on quality in attack, though there has to be room for AOC and Wilshere to develop.

Greg Waters
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Maybe an older player, to let the young ones still come through.

Kaka?
Sneider?
Lampard?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Waters Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Can't see us affording any of their wages, by a longshot. Would love to have Kaka though (never going to happen)

Greg Waters
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:28 pm

A lot of reports of robin not heading out on pre season tour today.....

We have received 3 offers from the manc clubs and Juventus....would rather if he is going head off to juve....

Man u can just fuck off.....man city,well a part or me is enjoying watching man u squirming about at man cites rise...so although would be pissed if he joined them at least I would be happy if he helps fuck over man u again.....cannot stand fergie and his bunch of twats team..

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Greg Waters wrote:Can't see us affording any of their wages, by a longshot. Would love to have Kaka though (never going to happen)

I agree. We won't show any ambition because the individuals at the club who might have shown such ambition in the past are no longer there.

Edit: At the moment it's like watching hyenas eating up a wounded animal. RvP is the last of the crown jewels.

This whole attitude of next year is the problem. We should be ready to improve and challenge rather than getting our excuses in early. Imo I doubt this will change as long as Wenger is there. Unless of course Steve Bould has a miraculous influence or the problem of inconsistency is solved.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 am

robin has been left behind from the asia tour....

so much for the new talks...

bye....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Yeah thats it, get some money and get out.

I dont mind admitting I was completely wrong about him I swore blind that he wouldnt leave after everything the club and manager has done for him but im convinced he will be another Hleb or Flamini, undoubted talent and will do well but never will click like he did last season again. Nobody respects Arsenal bar a couple lads like Frimpong and Wilshire.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Same with me I was 99.99% sure he would sign and stay with us til he retires..and let's be honest with his injuries on a regular basis his next contract will be his last....

But that said with resigning with us and it being his last contract the 99.99%

There is always as we have seen the .1% that says otherwise.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:43 am

I've lost all respect I had for him. I thought he'd be different, but till now he's worse than nasri. At least Nasri played. He is too busy to go to the Asia tour?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:51 am

I wonder if RVP refuses to go, or we are keeping him behind because we know there is no point taking him. If it's the former, then it is extremely disappointing. Players sign contracts - do they not understand that they themselves have consented to playing for a club for up to this long? If any player 'refuses' to abide by his contract (play in club friendlies, go on tour, play in games), they should not be paid their wages for that week, and fined on top of that. And all this agitating for a move is simply unethical. A contract has been signed. Work with the club to ensure an exit, or do your job as you agreed to do.

Cesc was different. Wenger promised him he'd be out after one more year. That was an agreement. This is just distasteful.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by nick t Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:55 pm

he's not fit to be part of the tour. he just returned to training. could be a cover up, but there is some truth there

nick t
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Or he's staying behind to talk to Gazidis.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Poldi and Giroud stayed behind as well. Did they refuse to go as well?
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next