Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Van Persie Thread

+45
Alan Dawson
chris eades
Vijay Saibola
Alejandro Perreira
marco.batra
chubbtrue
ChippyBrady
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
Sue Lee
fkamil
Vanig Bostanian
Dan Hakim
Will.sheng
JavierVen
Adham Khattab
Jason Morrison
Adriel Williams
pwoodman1
Meshaal
Yash
janelle.noel
Michael Foster
Steve Dawson
John Foxall
kdunn
Marko Maksimović
Greg Waters
Jenks1981
Mike York
DaveToffy
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Subrat Koirala
nick t
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
Jonathan Prendergast
ralph avedikian
Sami Rockfeller
ahrstic
Michael Schatzky
Mario
Ashraf Peeran
Zaid Derweesh
49 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Van Persie Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Van Persie Thread

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:37 am

Fuck this bullshit!! Whyyy the fuck cant we hold on to our best players!? Every fucking year, ueat afyer year, itd fucking depressing.

But ohh well, fuck him, we, The Arsenal, shall move onwards and upwards, RVP probably wouldnt have had another good season like last anyway. Will probably break down eventually. This could be a blessing in disguise.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Fuck this bullshit!! Whyyy the fuck cant we hold on to our best players!? Every fucking year, ueat afyer year, itd fucking depressing.

But ohh well, fuck him, we, The Arsenal, shall move onwards and upwards, RVP probably wouldnt have had another good season like last anyway. Will probably break down eventually. This could be a blessing in disguise.

Exactly what I said Jason...it could just be that blessing and I guess in one way for how much we paid for him...we have had a bloody good run out of him...

BUT ALSO VERY FUCKING ANNOYING....

What I want to know is why is that prick Ivan on fucking holiday AGAIN when a transfer negotiation saga is ongoing...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Adham Khattab Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:57 am

What a shame. Genuinely surprised. Never thought he'd be one to go that way. Always thought he'd be more loyal, or at least act better while he's on his way out.
Adham Khattab
Adham Khattab
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:06 am

Just read on Arseblog that it seems like RvP's lawyers and agents wrote that up for him... With regards to Ivan on holiday, it looks like that's bollocks too... But like I said, from Arseblog...

My personal opinion though is that this is complete bullshit... Club captain, leading goal scorer who would not have reached these exceptional heights if it weren't for Arsenal and Arsene Wenger. But whatever, Arsenal is bigger than Henry, bigger than Cesc, bigger than RvP. I say bench him for the season. Run his contract down. I think one major signing (mvila or another sort of DM) with a backup gk are lined up, but if VP is sold we need one more body in, and of course the dead wood going out...
This was really selfish on VP part... Extremely disappointed, from my favourite player, from the player you least expect it to come from... Well now we know it's a trend at Arsenal for club captains to want out...
Never gonna feel the same wearing my Arsenal shirt '07 with RvP and his old #11 on the back....
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:42 am

Sell him now...get it over and done with...get as much as possible for him spend it elsewhere..

Cunt.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:47 am

for 15m keep him and tell others they cant just take what they want. Take the hit and if we win a trophy next year he could even sign a new contract then

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:56 am

Chris Chan wrote:for 15m keep him and tell others they cant just take what they want. Take the hit and if we win a trophy next year he could even sign a new contract then

THIS
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:03 am

Having thought about it, I think it is in Arsenals' interest to keep RVP for a year and let him walk. I would rather chuck him now but that doesn't serve our interests.
I think this is tactics on the part of RVP's management to make his position untenable by questioning Gazidis and Wenger and forcing a big money move now.
Strategically, Arsenal need to keep him, play him with Giroud and Podolski while they bed in.
RVP will have to play well to showcase himself for a move to one of his desired elite destinations where he can "win things". BArca/Juve/Real will not be interested if he stops putting up numbers.
Of course there is the risk he will tank the year, but then who will be interested in a 30 yr old injury prone striker with a bad attitude?
If we keep him, it will importantly give Arsenal a good chance to hold onto Champion's League football (yes 4rth place is boring ,but...).
He will make Arsenal look good, thus creating interest in coming to play here. CL football will also allow us to attract young ambitious strikers who will want to play for us.
It is really boring ,this same old "can't get over the hump of 3rd/4rth /place" ,but this is where we are at.
Football is cyclical and frankly we are almost at the end of Rvp's "cycle of greatness" anyway.
How many strikers continue to perform at an elite level after 30? Not too many. It would have been nice for him to stick around as captain and elder statesman for the club, but fuck it, such is life.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Adham Khattab Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:06 am

I'd keep him too if I was sure he was willing to play for that last year. I would not keep him if he wasn't, not because of the financial implications but because it would make it more difficult for the team to have an ex-captain who does not want to play among the ranks than to lose him.
Adham Khattab
Adham Khattab
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 am

....Also you could look at the 20m+ Champions League earnings ( if we do hold onto a place next year) as the same or better than what we would get right now in the market on a transfer.
He and his management took about 10m off a potential transfer fee with this stunt today.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:18 am

Adham Khattab wrote:I'd keep him too if I was sure he was willing to play for that last year. I would not keep him if he wasn't, not because of the financial implications but because it would make it more difficult for the team to have an ex-captain who does not want to play among the ranks than to lose him.
It would call his bluff. If he sulks and doesn't play this year we lose the transfer fee and his services, but would any of those clubs still be interested in him next year? Where would he go to "win"? Things move quickly in football.
At least if we keep him it will allow time for the new players to bed in and for the club to continue doing well. If he chooses not to play, everybody loses. I think there is a lot of incentive for him to play and play well ie for a big payday and "to win" .
Too bad for you Robin, walking away from 5m signing on and 130k a week for 3 years. Will he get anything close next year?

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by JavierVen Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:31 am

sell to robin any club no will want to pay more than 15 million for it, everyone knows the situation, simply going to say next season and hope we get it free.

even so I still prefer you to have a quick negotiation and we get a few million for it and invest in quality players Llorente, Falcao, Lewandowski, etc.
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:36 am

http://www.arsenalvision.co.uk/articles/4088-rvp-a-reaction-to-your-leaving.html#.T_SHAv7hhSM.twitter

good read this...didnt really like the way he made it public. i have lost most of the respect for him.thanks to him though for single-handedly getting us through the line this year.

Football died the day oil mixed with football..

absolutely gutted.same shit different year.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:18 pm

In the comments section of that blogpost was a link to this article written by a Dutch journo apparently close to RVP .
In the middle paragraphs there is some pretty pointed criticism of Arsenal players and recent transfers. Some have suggested you can take it as coming from RVP's mouth, verbatim. Who knows.
Perhaps then a lot of the disagreement over direction , future etc, has to do with Wenger sticking with Ramsey ( just as he showed faith in RVP when RVP was a young, dumb, fuck up) whereas RVP thinks Ramsey is shit...
TO be fair, Ramsey has started a lot more games than RVP did at his age .(Too many, IMO)

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/49f4621a-aab2-11e1-9331-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1zhYsUnkX

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:42 pm

I think its a stretch to say RVP is leaving because of Ramsey.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Zaid Derweesh wrote:I think its a stretch to say RVP is leaving because of Ramsey.
Yeah, I didn't mean because of that issue alone. Only that it was one indication of the possible nature of the "disagreement" about the future direction of the club- wanting to know the specifics has been bugging me all day.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Marko Maksimović wrote:
Chris Chan wrote:for 15m keep him and tell others they cant just take what they want. Take the hit and if we win a trophy next year he could even sign a new contract then

THIS

RVP is leaving because he thinks Arsenal lacks ambition, imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room with Podolski and Giroud, the two quality players but 'who lack ambition'. I had a lot of respect for RVP as a player and as a man, as a leader of the squad. The sooner we sell him, the sooner we'll have time to rebuild again and avoid the repeat of last season.

I think much more will happen during this transfer window, and Walcott may follow RVP.

And yeah i still fancy those Arsenal kids that have grown, support and played for Arsenal, ppl like Lansbury and co, but who are not good enough for a first team place, but i'm sure they are more loyal to the club and must be given more opportunity than an six-year injury cursed striker who wants to leave after a good season.

Yash
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:51 pm

We got 1.5 + 0.5 good seasons out of him after 8 years. It is gutting.

We have no idea whether Podolski or Giroud will be successful at this moment. If we sell RVP, do we need to replace him with a 30m striker? Who knows.

If we keep him a year, let them both bed in as said above, then we will know exactly what we need. Podolski may be a huge success through the middle, and Gervinho, Miyachi or The Ox may be great on the left. Or Giroud might have another 23 goal season. Or we might need to buy a striker.

Chris Chan wrote:Also will someone tell Wenger that loyalty doesnt exist anymore.

This is very true. Why put faith in a player, stick with him through injuries or bad form, only for them to leave once they hit their peak? Better off buying established players. At least we make some money out of him.

I don't think it has spoiled our bargaining position. He'd be perfect at Juve, Barca or Real. Hopefully City are keen too. We are just another player in the bidding., and now he has said that we are not in the mix. So, the field of suitors is reduced by one. If their is competition, we should get a good price.

But, I think it is better to keep him for 1 more year.

Finally, it is entirely possible that RVP told Arsenal this weeks ago. But chose to make it public due to increased speculation. Maybe even in a very ill-advised way to placate Arsenal fans due to the mounting speculation.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:18 pm

the people in my country are so reactionary about the RVP situation its fucking depressing.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Subrat Koirala wrote:the people in my country are so reactionary about the RVP situation its fucking depressing.

it's the same the world around.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Keeping him is going to be far more destructive.....

every day he is there its going to drag out the worse in people...get him out,get him out now.
He has stuck two fingers up at everybody with this...
Wenger and the board need to answer some fucking questions aswell..
How do you let a player who you gave everyrthing fuck you over in that way...

As far as I am consernerd the way that players are treating the club and equally the way the club is letting players screw them over is getting far,far,far beyond a joke...
The next player steps out of line...sack him...signal the intent that the club won't stand for it..better still slap him up for transfer...

The more I thought this could be a blessing in disguise...it is,this is where the shit stops
Every transfer saga gets worse and worse...van persie's lawyers wrote up that pile of shit fed to the media yesterday...the club has come out with a load of bullshit yet again over a transfer...

I had games planned to see this seasons...after another fiasco I won't be spending a penny on anything arsenal related until they sort out the shit...we the fans have to put up with.
Lies,deceit,you name it...it goes on....

Thanks robin and there is the door....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:12 pm

I think it sends a better message to say 'yes, we could take the money now, but our next season is more important, so we'd rather lose him on a free and have him for 1 more year'.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I don't see how keeping him will benefit us at all....if it's today or in a season time he is good as gone..you could say keep him and use him as a bit part player but the damage is done,

I say use him in a player plus cash option with someone who wants him...

A part of me says keep him because you never know he might turn it around and stay but that said it will show weakness for future player want out revolts and so on...

Bring back David dean...since he was outed things have slowly deteriorated....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Just to add this point.

At what point (and I know we a model of self sustaining club) do the board members ie the rich mother fuckers allowed to step in and chuck some money into the transfer pot when a player says 'oh we need this type of player and so on'

Not doing this is almost like holding the door open for anybody to leave...

Where are the board on this matter of van persie stating for seasons now that the problem is we have needed a better caliber of player in to guarantee ours do not leave...

It's beyond stupid....with have a Russian on our table that has stated he does not want to be part of the board but is willing to financialy help out whenever he can...

Let the club run how it wants...let it be this perfect model of running right....
to me it looks like its not working....
We need players out...it's not happened
We have needed players in...it just about happens..
Every transfer we seam to be have as of late is quality out and average in.
The board worries about money left right and center...let the Russian take some of the burden...it's clear that Stan does not give two fucks about what's going on...you see holidays more than he seams to show up....
What's his taking on this vp saga....oh yes the usual 'silent'

Let the Russian in..let him help....better transfers in...deadwood out..in turn keeping our best players.....board has less money problems..even tho it's paying its way nicely..start winning things...board takes a happy pay day bonus...fans are happy...

Everybody is a fucking winner.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:29 pm

But Wenger's business this summer so far has made RVP's words about lack of ambition hollow. M'Vila likely to follow too, and maybe others. He clearly wanted out before.

I hate to say it, but SAF would know how to deal with a player like this (at least in the past; the Rooney, Pogba and Morrison affairs go to show even he can't always do it).

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next