Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Further Arsenalisation

+5
Vanig Bostanian
Sami Rockfeller
Michael Foster
Zaid Derweesh
Mike York
9 posters

Go down

Further Arsenalisation Empty Further Arsenalisation

Post by Mike York Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Arsene Wenger hopes that Arsenal can make further improvements in and around the Emirates Stadium to help improve the matchday experience and atmosphere for home supporters.

The boss has been a central figure in not just pushing through the initial decision to build the Gunners new(ish) home, but also in identifying and implementing bespoke elements in the arena’s design for both the players and fans.

The ‘Arsenalisation’ of the Emirates has been in full swing for over three years with internal concourses being brightened up by graphics and montages, the exterior of the stadium being wrapped in a giant homage to the club’s former greats by illustrator Tavis Coburn, a replica of Highbury’s famous timepiece being installed at the renamed Clock End and Thierry Henry, Tony Adams and Herbert Chapman all having statues erected in their honour.

Eager for Arsenal fans to further enjoy their visits to N5, the boss stressed to the club programme ahead of Saturday’s last home game of the season with Norwich, that he would always push for further improvements.

“As a home for Arsenal Football Club, this stadium is getting better and better.

“There is still some work to do – I would like there to be more lighting around the stadium at night and for it to feel like the centre of the city, and want to make sure it is a place where you can talk, communicate and be in touch with the history of the club – and, of course, somewhere that you can have a good time with friends.

“We are working on it, and would like to congratulate the people who have come up with the many ideas that have been implemented so far.”

It remains to be seen what the next stage of ‘Arsenalisation’ will entail, although by the time the new season rolls around I’m sure we’ll have found out.

In the meantime, Arseblog News welcomes with open arms all those who sign our petition to see Amaury Bischoff honoured with a statue on a scale usually reserved for deposed Soviet-era authoritarian leaders…

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/05/wenger-eyes-further-arsenalisation-of-emirates-stadium/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+one+stop+Arsenal+news+site%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Further Arsenalisation Empty Re: Further Arsenalisation

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed May 09, 2012 1:02 am

This is all nice, but there seems to be a whole flurry of news right before the West Brom game that isn't at all relevant to it - end of season stuff. I wonder if the players and the coaches feel the end of the season is already here. That would be a mistake - all talk and focus needs to be on the game. Just in the last few days since Norwich, talk has been about:

- Yann M'Vila possibly being a done deal
- Bould replacing Pat Rice, even though he has a game left
- The new kit, and the promo video of it being released
- Now this, further arsenalization.

Could this not all have waited a week? We need to be focused on thrashing West Brom.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:This is all nice, but there seems to be a whole flurry of news right before the West Brom game that isn't at all relevant to it - end of season stuff. I wonder if the players and the coaches feel the end of the season is already here. That would be a mistake - all talk and focus needs to be on the game. Just in the last few days since Norwich, talk has been about:

- Yann M'Vila possibly being a done deal
- Bould replacing Pat Rice, even though he has a game left
- The new kit, and the promo video of it being released
- Now this, further arsenalization.

Could this not all have waited a week? We need to be focused on thrashing West Brom.

Agreed is all i can say....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 am

The ST renewals should be starting some time around this week I think, the club will want to mask this season's failures in terms of promises of a better future.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed May 09, 2012 2:00 am

I'm sure the players know more than anyone that the season is not over. And as good as it is to be focused on beating West Brom, it'd also be a mistake dedicating every minute to it which can put extra pressure on the players. Like freaking out over an exam. There needs to be a balanced mixture. I don't think Wenger taking maybe five minutes of his time to tell this to a reporter will screw up our chances either, relax.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 am

Didn't want to start a new thread but he's a former player so kind of is Arsenalisation...

Freddie Ljungberg ‏@ljungberg_f
I am happy to reveal to you that i've been asked to join and accepted the coaching staff role for the 2013/14 season with Arsenal.

The return of Freddie.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:52 am

NOOOOOOOICE!!!!

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:03 am

As much as I love Freddie, he still disappointed me when he went to West Ham in 2007 and spilled shit that West Ham will finish above us.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Reports are out claiming that Arsenal have been named ‘Club of the Year’.

The Daily Mail revealed that the Gunners have been named the ‘club of the year’ for providing the best customer service to fans under a new awards scheme being run by the Premier League and tourism board VisitEngland.

Liverpool, Fulham and Manchester City have also picked up gongs in other categories in the VisitFootball awards.

Top-flight clubs have been monitored for customer service for the past two seasons and a panel of industry experts voted Arsenal the club of the year for their “simply outstanding service”.

http://www.totalfootballmadness.com/2012/10/17/arsenal-fc-receive-club-of-the-year-award/

Didn't know where to put this random bit of news so just put it here.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Is there a trophy for this?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Knowing our luck there won't be.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:58 am

Dennis Bergkamp statue cheers

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/27/dennis-bergkamps-arsenal-statue-pictures-leaked-on-twitter-3517790/

Dennis Bergkamp looks set to become the latest Arsenal star honoured with a statue outside the Emirates Stadium.

The club have already erected monuments of Gunners legends Herbert Chapman, Tony Adams and Thierry Henry at their north London stadium and Dutch maestro Bergkamp appears to be the next in line after pictures of the proposed sculpture were leaked on Twitter.

The images – posted onto the social network last night – show an early working of a statue of the former Holland international striking a familiar pose.

The club refused to confirm that a Bergkamp monument was imminent when contacted by Metro this morning, but their official line hinted that something was in the pipeline.

‘We currently have statues outside Emirates Stadium commemorating three legends in Arsenal’s history – Herbert Chapman, Tony Adams and Thierry Henry – and we’re delighted that they have been extremely popular with visitors to the stadium,’ said a club spokesman.

‘We’re pleased that speculation surrounding a future possible statue at Emirates Stadium is generating interest and will obviously communicate details if and when there is confirmation of any new developments.’

Bergkamp made over 400 appearances for the Gunners from 1995 to 2006 and scored 120 goals.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:50 am

I remember the day we signed him.....I was playing football with mates on the green right behind my house my brother shouted out of his bedroom window...'Mike!!..we just signed fucking bergkamp!!" To my response of putting the ball straight through the next door neighbors fence!! Lol.......ahhhhhh remember paying for that fence like it was only yesterday....

Great statue they have made....bergkamp in flight......

Legend never forgotten.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:33 am

I remember reading about it on Teletext, how we were one of the favourites to sign him. A day or two later, the main headline on page 141 was something like,

"ARSENAL SIGN BERGKAMP FROM INTER MILAN"

A million times better than getting news today via a million different sources.

Anyway, this statue is more than well deserved. I'm not one who thinks every single former legend should be working at the club in some capacity (but a few of them should be, definitely) but Dennis is one who we must bring back as a coach of some sort.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 am

cheers cheers

Last edited by Vanig Bostanian on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:29 am

Mario wrote:I remember reading about it on Teletext, how we were one of the favourites to sign him. A day or two later, the main headline on page 141 was something like,

"ARSENAL SIGN BERGKAMP FROM INTER MILAN"

A million times better than getting news today via a million different sources.

Anyway, this statue is more than well deserved. I'm not one who thinks every single former legend should be working at the club in some capacity (but a few of them should be, definitely) but Dennis is one who we must bring back as a coach of some sort.

With regards to who we bring back...I feel that bergkamp along with Freddie would be a great addition along with adams,henry,and with getting back Patrick...who I still belive is only at man city as a stepping stone back to us...I feel he is learning all he can there with the resources at an abundance..who would not...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 am

Marc Overmars today claimed he would one day be willing to return to Arsenal as part of the club’s backroom staff.

The 39-year-old scored 41 goals in 142 appearances for the Gunners between 1997 and 2000 and is still in regular contact with Arsene Wenger.

Overmars was appointed technical director at Ajax last summer but revealed he is keen on a return to England should he be approached by his former club.

Arsenal are searching for a new academy director after Liam Brady announced his decision to step down next year and with manager Wenger’s future at the club also uncertain beyond the end of next season, a major reshuffle could occur.

Overmars told Standard Sport: “When you get older as a player, you work out what your qualities are for the future. I was quite fast to realise being a manager was not my job.

“The way I work with Ajax, I do the transfers, the contracts and organise the scouting, so it suits me. It wouldn’t surprise me if I work in the future at Arsenal — it could be a possibility.

“I’ve never discussed it with Arsene Wenger. But if the board think about the future and make a list of people to work at the club, it wouldn’t surprise me if I am on the list of people.

“However, at this moment, I want to stay at Ajax.”

Much has changed since Overmars (above) left the club to join Barcelona in a £25million deal almost 13 years ago, not least Arsenal’s move to Emirates Stadium at Ashburton Grove.

The Gunners have not won any silverware since 2005 — a year before they moved to their new 60,000-capacity home — and Overmars believes Arsenal “lost their aura” by making the switch from Highbury.

The Dutchman claims the club have suffered in the same way Ajax did in the mid-1990s, when leaving their old stadium and relocating to the Amsterdam ArenA in 1996.

They won the UEFA Cup in 1992 and the European Cup in 1995 before reaching the final again in 1996 but have not won a major European title since.

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s Barclays Premier League clash between Tottenham and Arsenal, Overmars said: “I went back to Highbury to look around that area and still felt such a power there.

“When we were playing at home, we were unbeatable. That’s how we felt. But that’s the problem with a bigger stadium, often you lose that aura.

“It used to be intimidating at Highbury — that is the difference between the new stadium and the old one. When you build a new stadium, you must try to get the people as close as possible to the pitch.

“I was playing with Ajax in the old stadium and then the new stadium and we had the same problem.

“All the opponents wanted to play in this nice stadium so you lose that home advantage. They should have used more things from the old stadium in the new one.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/if-arsenal-want-me-id-be-keen-to-help-them-says-marc-overmars-8514597.html

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravneet Singh Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Didnt know where else to put it....
Interesting.Very Interesting.

An Arab consortium is considering making a bid for Arsenal in the near future, according to reports in The Sun on Sunday and Sunday Telegraph.

GettyImages
Arsenal fans will hope the news means further reinvestment in the team
American Stan Kroenke is currently the club's majority shareholder, while Uzbek Alisher Usmanov also holds a significant stake, and the offer for Arsenal would reportedly see the potential investors bid around £20,000 per share, making Kroenke's holding worth £830 million.

The papers report that the offer for 100% ownership will come in at around £1.5 billion - twice the amount at which Arsenal were valued two years ago - and, if successful, would wipe out debts that stand at around £250 million.

A bid source told Telegraph Sport: "Arsenal is at a pivotal position at the moment. The fear is that the club is facing a cycle of decline like Liverpool. From our point of view it is the perfect moment to make this bid because at this moment in time you can still genuinely justify this extraordinary valuation on the club.

"We will not bid for Arsenal if they go into decline. Kroenke and Usmanov will not get this kind of valuation if Arsenal do not succeed and will not get this kind of valuation ever again.

"We think that bidding now is the key because it is going to give every shareholder maximum value. We are giving them peak valuation. The amount of capital required to pump into Arsenal to make it competitive within England, Europe and the world means that the valuation cannot go any higher."

While the lucrative deal would give Arsenal and its fans significant cause for optimism, it is believed senior figures in the bid will retract their offer if the Gunners fail to qualify for next season's Champions League.

"Kroenke needs to have a real think about the dangers of Arsenal missing out on the Champions League," a source told the Sun. "There are lots of financial implications to that whatever the manager Arsene Wenger or the board may claim about being able to survive it.

"While they still have a chance of getting into the Champions League again you can still notionally put a value on the club. But this bid might not be on the table if they miss out on the top four. Even if they do qualify, this valuation won't be increased.

"They could wait five years and they will never get a better deal. If the takeover goes through it would be one of the biggest in football history. The only club worth this sort of money is Manchester United because it is impossible to buy Real Madrid or Barcelona."

Arsenal's potential new owners have already outlined a number of strict operating conditions in an attempt to return a hierarchy to the club which they feel has allowed Wenger to emerge unscathed from dismal performances in recent years.

"No manager, not even Alex Ferguson, could survive eight years without winning a trophy at a big club," the Sun's source continued. "He is never questioned by the board at the moment.

"There is no face that he has to report to, nobody asking him what's going on with the playing side at the club and demanding answers. It all just seems to drift along. And in commercial terms, they are so far behind United."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1361206/consortium-set-to-bid-L1.5bn-for-arsenal---report?cc=4716

Ravneet Singh
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm

^Think this deserves it's own thread.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri May 31, 2013 10:45 pm

Arsenal have announced that former winger Freddie Ljungberg has returned to the club as an ambassador.

The 36-year-old will aim to promote the club on an international stage, starting with a trip to Asia next week to embark on a number of media events to discuss the the Gunners' pre-season tour in Indonesia, Vietnam and Japan.

"I'm honoured to take on this ambassadorial role," Ljungberg told the club's official website. "The club has a special place in my heart as everyone knows and I'm looking forward to helping the club grow."

Head of marketing Charles Allen added: "We are delighted that Freddie has agreed, in this ambassadorial role, to help us reach more of our passionate supporters around the globe. He is much loved by our fans and it's great to have him back."

Ljungberg spent 10 years with the Gunners, lifting two Premier League titles and three FA Cups

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/arsenal/news/ljungberg-named-arsenal-ambassador_86893.html
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:05 am

Nice.....could this be the start of a return of all our favourate gunners....

Next up overmars and bergkamp....lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:36 am

Michael Foster wrote:Nice.....could this be the start of a return of all our favourate gunners....

I suspect Bergkamp would be returning back as a coach. But Henry might take up ambassadorial role at the club as soon as he hangs up his boots.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Jenson Pais wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Nice.....could this be the start of a return of all our favourate gunners....

I suspect Bergkamp would be returning back as a coach. But Henry might take up ambassadorial role at the club as soon as he hangs up his boots.

I wish henry and bergkamp were to return.........bergkamp would do wonders for for Theo,I think he would benifit from someone showing him more dynamics from his game...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:38 pm

^ you may get your wish...

Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp has revealed his ambition to join Arsene Wenger's coaching team.

The 44-year-old scored 87 times during his 11-year spell at Arsenal and says the club holds a special place in his heart.

Robert Pires has been assisting with training sessions at the Gunners' London Colney facility and Bergkamp, who played for the club between 1995 and 2006, could be next to join him.

His well-documented fear of flying would make a managerial role difficult but, as a coach, Bergkamp would not necessarily be expected to fly.

'The feeling Johan Cruyff has had for Barcelona, I have the same with Arsenal,' Bergkamp told the Telegraph.

'At Arsenal it was a good click. I always enjoyed it. I never had a bad day there. It is always on my mind. It is part of my ambition to come back at some stage.

'I see myself as being part of the coaching staff. I really enjoy that role, especially the individual training with the strikers.'

Bergkamp was renowned for his exquisite touch, creativity and football brain while at Arsenal.

Arsenal's summer signing Mesut Ozil has drawn comparisons with the Dutchman but the former Holland star says each player is unique.

Now assistant manager at Ajax, Bergkamp has been impressed with Arsenal's early-season performance and says Ozil is a special talent.

'With all the respect to the other Arsenal players, I think he is the one who can make a difference,' he said.

'The other players are good in midfield. But you need someone of a high level you can be good in all areas of the pitch.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2450738/Dennis-Bergkamp-wants-join-Arsenal-coaching-team.html
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum