Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Brom

+26
fkamil
Jason Morrison
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Yash
chris eades
Christopher Flanagan
Justin Chew
Chris Chan
Michael Foster
Darcy Gorman
Mario
Jenks1981
Andreas Wæhre
Subrat Koirala
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Schatzky
John Foxall
DaveToffy
Zaid Derweesh
Assan Touray
Sami Rockfeller
ralph avedikian
Jenson Pais
Jonathan Prendergast
CarolinaGunner87
Hisham El Mawan
30 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

West Brom Empty West Brom

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Here we are, guys. Once again, the end of another season. Unsurprisingly enough, this last game will probably decide for us whether or not it's been a "successful" season. And by successful, I personally mean that it's been an improvement on last season. If we win, a Champions League place is ours for certain. If we lose, we'll probably be overtaken by Tottenham and Newcastle, the papers will once again be filled with articles about Arsenal being "in crisis", Piers Morgan will resume his self-appointed post of football expert, the bidding war for van Persie will begin, etcetera, etcetera. So no pressure. Anyway, here's the starting XI I'd go with:

-----------------SZCZESNY----------------
COQUELIN--KOSCIELNY--VERMAELEN---GIBBS
SONG------------ROSICKY----------RAMSEY
GERVINHO-------van PERSIE------BENAYOUN

We all know Sagna will miss this game and the Euros (poor guy, I really wish a speedy recovery for him). So Coquelin will slot in at RB. The rest of the back four remain unchanged, but I hope Wenger's made it clear that there can't be any fuck-ups on Sunday. Midfield picks itself, as does the front three. Gervinho actually had a decent game against Norwich, so hopefully he can end the season on a high. If not, there's always Chamberlain on the bench. So yes, essentially an unchanged lineup from last week with the exception of Coquelin.

Oh, I almost forgot. If van Persie scores on Sunday, he'll equal the league record. And, obviously, a double would break that record. So let's see if he can do it. Come on, you Gunners.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

West Brom Empty Re: West Brom

Post by CarolinaGunner87 Tue May 08, 2012 5:43 pm

I thought Robin needed 2 to equal the record? Hope you're right tho! He deserves a Prem record.

As for the lineup, let's go with Ox up the wing in place of Ramsey... No sense in saving him now... we REQUIRE these 3 pts, so let's take it to them! Hit them hard and fast, get their fans out of it early and laugh as we watch Fulham put a pound on spuds just for fun!

CarolinaGunner87
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue May 08, 2012 6:34 pm

The 38th and final 'must win' game for us this season.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Tue May 08, 2012 8:30 pm

If Song and Ramsey fail to the do their defensive duties diligently then we will struggle, especially Song who should take the responsibility and sit back and protect the back 4.

Or else play Coquelin in midfield as a holding midfielder and Jenkinson at right back for this game. Jenks will keep Thomas in his pocket.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue May 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Jenkinson at RB and the rest is easy.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Theo is fit for this game, so there is a chance he might feature in the starting line up.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Tue May 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Possible WBA team:
Foster

Jones McAuley Olsson Ridgewell

Brunt Mulumbu Morrison Dorrans Thomas

MAF/Odemwingie

Brunt was hobbling around against Bolton, but might be fit. Morrison may not last the full 90 minutes. Have to watch Mulumbu as he makes late runs into the box. If Fortune starts Odemwingie might start over Thomas on the left.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 pm

ralph avedikian wrote:Jenkinson at RB and the rest is easy.

Coquelin will probably start at RB on Sunday. Jenkinson hasn't been in the team since he came on for Sagna against Wolves nearly a month ago. Not sure if it's down to injury or not, but nothing has been reported.
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Curious about Jenkinson. Probably injury. I'd play the team others mentioned. If Walcott is available, he can come on as a sub later if needed.

More important than the lineup is the attitude. It's the last game of the season and all is riding on it. The players NEED to close down West Brom ALL the time; Song and Ramsey need to have some discipline; Gervinho and Benny need to track back; and Vermaelen needs to be responsible. More important than the line up, we need to play like our lives depend on it. Then we'll win.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 pm

I am expecting to see one of the most tenacious and dominant collective performances I have ever witnessed with Arsenal. No complacency, 100% effort and focus.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed May 09, 2012 12:58 am

Only 100%? Smile

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Wed May 09, 2012 2:18 am

Van Persie needs one to equal the record for a 38 game season. It would be a fitting reflection of his standing in the PL pantheon - one of the best goal scorers the Premier League has seen.

I would play Gervinho and Coquelin, they did well in the last match. This might be the kind of match Theo has no influence over anyway.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Wed May 09, 2012 3:35 am

Dear Arsenal,
It's very simple: win this game and you get Champion's League and M'Vila. Lose and it's Europa League, and Denilson comes back for another year.
Your choice.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Wed May 09, 2012 5:06 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:Only 100%? Smile
*200%. Better?? Very Happy
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed May 09, 2012 7:05 am

Coquelin has to start ahead of any other option. Please don't fuck this up guys.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 am

Coquelin at RB. Rest of the team picks itself up.

Also, its amazing how Robin wasn't a classical center forward till a few years ago. But to have played an entire season upfront all on his own and scored that many goals, credit must go to him and Wenger. I expect him to score a brace again.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed May 09, 2012 9:58 am

Didn't Andy Cole and Alan Shearer score 34 goals in the mid 90's? How can Robin be getting the league record with 32 goals?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed May 09, 2012 10:09 am

38 game season V 42 game season right?

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Wed May 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Shit, Its 4 days from now, and I am already shaking! This is a massive one!
When was the last time we played an equally important match?
Thinking of next season we`ll have to win this one!! Said the exactly same thing last weekend, then I was confident, now I`m not!

Have a feeling Arsenal allways fucks up when they really need to be at their best.
Guess its time for the guys show their winning mentality Wenger has talked about for for so long!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed May 09, 2012 7:21 pm

awæhre wrote:This is a massive one!
Udinese?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed May 09, 2012 9:00 pm

It's time for men to be men, to stand up and be counted. Anyone who disappears in this match needs to go in my eyes, big club should have players for big games.

If we dont win this its unforgivable.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed May 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Difference between Champions League, M'Vila, a comfortable summer and Van Persie renewing his contract or Europa League, waiting for Diaby to return again, a manic pre-season regarding ins and outs and Europa League Play-Off game and RVP not renewing.

Bit simplistic, maybe not the case, but that is what could be at stake this weekend.

As said right above me, if we don't win it is just unforgivable. It should already have been wrapped up, it isn't, so we need to put it right. Thinking about this weekend is already making me nervous. Even worse is that it probably won't be live with the top 2 and a relegation match to be shown (I know United are still in the title race but if City race into a lead the Sunderland vs Man Utd game will be a fucking waste of time) and I don't fancy watching a dodgy stream for this one.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:
awæhre wrote:This is a massive one!
Udinese?

I feel this one is bigger, with the question RVP leaving Arsenal. Not quallifying for the CL next year will be another excuse for him not to stay at Arsenal.
And can we offer him the salary he wants (and deserve), without the income of CL-play?

Then we had already lost Cesc and Nasri (allthough his deel was done just after that) and players leaving because of a loose was not a question.
But ofcourse i dont know how RVP thinks! lets hope he stayes either result on sunday

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed May 09, 2012 10:53 pm

We must win. It's true that Everton host Newcastle (tough game for them), and Fulham will visit Spurs (also not the easiest these days), but we simply have to win nonetheless. How many more times can it be said?

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Zaid Derweesh wrote:We must win. It's true that Everton host Newcastle (tough game for them), and Fulham will visit Spurs (also not the easiest these days), but we simply have to win nonetheless. How many more times can it be said?

This is a must win

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next