Win at WBA, and we're 3rd

Go down

Win at WBA, and we're 3rd Empty Win at WBA, and we're 3rd

Post by Yash on Mon May 07, 2012 3:16 am

Newcastle beaten by city, Tottenham drawing at Villa. One final match left, we play away to WBA

Everton-Newcastle
Spuds- Fulham

If we lose and both Newcastle and Spuds win, we'r fucked. We've been quite lucky these few weeks as we'r still 3rd although we've been real shit on the pitch.

Yash
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Win at WBA, and we're 3rd Empty Re: Win at WBA, and we're 3rd

Post by Subrat Koirala on Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 am

Also, if both newcastle and spurs fuck in the weekend, chelsea could still come 4th(given they win both their games).

But yes, no debate about us needing 3 points against WBA to make 3rd spot certain. One gets a feeling opportunity(and luck) won't come knocking on the door every weekend.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Mon May 07, 2012 4:18 am

Got very lucky this weekend, can't afford to slip up again.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian on Mon May 07, 2012 4:22 am

What are you guys talking about ?? We got LUCKY this week end ??!!

I'm sorry, but conceding a deflected shot, and having 2 clear penalties not given ( handball and the most blatant pen i have seen since i started watching football on RVP) plus Ruddy having the game of his life isnt what i call luck.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:44 am

Ralph there is no getting away from the fact it was 'must win' and we bottled it, this weekend has been a massive let off and we cant hide the fact that we are playing poorly right now. I hope that if we finish third it doesnt paper over the cracks too much, because there are serious cracks!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous on Mon May 07, 2012 4:53 am

Jenks1981 wrote: I hope that if we finish third it doesnt paper over the cracks too much, because there are serious cracks!

Thing is, the same 'cracks' have been there for years, regardless of playing personnel. I just can't see us winning anything with Wenger in charge anymore. Getting in the CL will be great because it gives us a better chance to improve for next season, but I don't expect too much really. This summer can't possibly be worse than last, CL football or no... can it?
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous on Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 am

As for the West Brom game, I don't know anymore. I hope we can manage it and scrape a win, but I don't expect us to. We can't possibly defend as bad as we did yesterday though.

Basically, if we don't win then we don't deserve to be in the Champions League and I we can't have any complaints.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nick t on Mon May 07, 2012 5:14 am

negativity won't win your last game. have faith in your team. first off, we have 20 wins last season, more than we did last year with cesc and nasri. to recover from that loss, along with a dreadful start to the season, Wenger has still got us in a position to go to Europe. don't tell me he isn't the man for the job. looks like he's gonna learn his lesson from last summer, already signing podolski. I have faith in our gooners for a win at west brom. even though they are in form, west brom don't score that many goals, and I think vermaelen and koscielny will recover from last week. our ball movement has been good on offense, we just need to finish. Last game of the season, I think they'll be focused on nothing but a win to finish off this roller coaster season on a high note. not that we should think about what spurs and newcastle do, spurs are home against pesky fulham and newcastle are away at everton. both games will be tough to get a win. we all know damn well we are the better team, and it'll show.

nick t
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala on Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 am

We haven't been as bad as we're thought to have been. Im not saying we deserve a standing ovation once the final whistle has been blown, but if we take into context we had 10 points from the first ten games, then it looks slightly better. Not that we are a club who should be happy with CL qualification consistently, but so has it been again and all we can do is hope that lessons from mistakes have been learnt.
And the signs, if not much, are slightly positive. If we remember, our performances improved drastically after our summer arrivals. Hint for the coming season - buy your important players before the season starts. And hence the arrival of Podolski even before the season has ended gives me hope.
Indivisual errors have been made along the season as well, yes, but when you've had such a sluggish start to a season, there will be flashbacks of it every once in a while through the course of the season, which is enough to question your confidence time and again leading to the odd sloppy indivisual and team errors. Next season, we win the first 7-8 games and all of a sudden our back four will look like they've been playing together since childhood.

Im not trying to defend anyone and I know the cracks are there, but Im hopeful they'll be corrected before the season begins and we'll be back in the title race next term.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Mon May 07, 2012 5:23 am

ralph avedikian wrote:What are you guys talking about ?? We got LUCKY this week end ??!!

I'm sorry, but conceding a deflected shot, and having 2 clear penalties not given ( handball and the most blatant pen i have seen since i started watching football on RVP) plus Ruddy having the game of his life isnt what i call luck.

Lucky with regard to our opponent's results.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashraf Peeran on Mon May 07, 2012 5:24 am

nick t wrote:negativity won't win your last game. have faith in your team. first off, we have 20 wins last season, more than we did last year with cesc and nasri. to recover from that loss, along with a dreadful start to the season, Wenger has still got us in a position to go to Europe. don't tell me he isn't the man for the job. looks like he's gonna learn his lesson from last summer, already signing podolski. I have faith in our gooners for a win at west brom. even though they are in form, west brom don't score that many goals, and I think vermaelen and koscielny will recover from last week. our ball movement has been good on offense, we just need to finish. Last game of the season, I think they'll be focused on nothing but a win to finish off this roller coaster season on a high note. not that we should think about what spurs and newcastle do, spurs are home against pesky fulham and newcastle are away at everton. both games will be tough to get a win. we all know damn well we are the better team, and it'll show.

Great post, man.

It seems quite clear that lessons have been learnt from our previous summer which was disastrous. We had an absolute shite start to the season and were written off. Some were even doubting whether we'd be qualifying for Europa. While we should never be happy with just qualifying for the champions league, we can't turn a blind eye to the fact that we've shown immense character to recover from our poor start (those 4 come from behind wins are a testament to our character), and that it appears as though lessons have been learned by management and we're getting transfers done early. Our squad needs a couple more additions and some players need to be sold, but all in all, things are looking up for next season. Let's not let our current slump cloud the good things this team has shown.
Ashraf Peeran
Ashraf Peeran
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Mon May 07, 2012 6:10 am

We need one point to finish fourth. Having Theo back is very important for that game despite of what most fans think of him. I would have loved to have Arteta back, because he is the only one in the midfield with discipline and keeps possession (like we should have yesterday after scoring the third), but we won't. Anyway, we should scrap a win, we can't rely on Spurs and Newcastle to do us favors next weekend as well. As for rebuilding and improving, yes, the team needs improvement, but let's just try to win this game and Arsene can have the entire summer to think about improving the team, be it by buying new players or by installing some discipline in them.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon May 07, 2012 8:39 am

Simply put we just have to batter west Brom from the 1st to the 90th minute
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gopi on Mon May 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Michael Foster wrote:Simply put we just have to batter west Brom from the 1st to the 90th minute

a big ask???
Gopi
Gopi
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Tue May 08, 2012 12:09 am

Gopi wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Simply put we just have to batter west Brom from the 1st to the 90th minute

a big ask???

Very big ask, we play lacklustre for 70 min then we wake up when we're already behind or drawing, then we put on lots of pressure but cant finish our chances off, thats our story of the past month.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum