Arsenal vs Chelsea Match Thread

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Chelsea Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Chelsea Match Thread

Post by ralph avedikian on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:11 am

Subrat007 wrote:I don't get the logic behind slating a player, even he's been off form. If he starts, get behind the player and he could find that flash of light/confidence he needs to come back into form; slate him and his mistake/nervousness could lead to a goal. Some fans(at games and even at home) just dont get it that their actions partly affect the team's result.

If I slate a player on here, doesn't mean if we go to games I will boo him at games. I'll cheer him and the team the whole 90mins.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Chelsea Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Chelsea Match Thread

Post by Adam Sisson on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 am

The problem with Ramsey is that he won't be playing in his preferred role. He'll be playing in the Arteta roll, which means he has to keep things simple and keep the ball moving and ticking over.

That's been his biggest weakness this year. I'm not worried about his finishing, but he has had a tough time with moving/shifting the ball in time. I've seen plenty of good attacking movements get slowed down because he takes one or two extra touches, allowing the defense to get back into position or surround him.

This hurts our attack, especially on the wings. Our wing play relies on having space for Theo/Ox/RVP/Gervinho to run into, and if you slow play down and don't play the pass quick enough then it allows the defense to get back and blunt the attack on the wings when the ball does finally make it out there.

Also, he needs to keep it simple in the position, but he has a tendency for elaborate back heels and such. Though I will give him a pass on this because Song does love the odd Hollywood ball.

I think this is the role that Ramsey will end up playing for the club, but he just hasn't picked up on the entire keep the ball moving issue.

Team I think we'll prob see -

Sczcz

Sagna Kos TV Gibbs

Song Rosicky Ramsey

Theo RVP Gervinho

I'd really like to push see us put Ox central and move Rosicky right, like we had for Milan, but can't see it happening.

I heard an interesting viewpoint on the radio the other day that one of the main things that separates United from the other teams is that they go out and try to win the game in the first 20 min, so once they have a 2/3/4 goal cushion, then they can relax. Other teams (like us) sometimes just think, "oh, the goal will come, so let's not worry" which can lead to slow starts.

All you have to do is look at the first half of the Milan game to see the value in this attitude. Come out guns blazing, hopefully get a goal or two, and then play on the break.
Adam Sisson
Adam Sisson
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Sisson on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:45 am

Also, it is nice to think that Ramsey did have his best game for the club against Chelsea in the last fixture.
Adam Sisson
Adam Sisson
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravneet Singh on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:27 am

With Arteta out, Song will have to curtail his forward adventures and keep it simple.Thing with Arteta is that he will never give the ball away with a wayward pass.That makes him such a important player.He has been unsung hero keeping the shape of the team.But now with him being not there Song has to take the defensive responsibility and sit in front of the back four.This will allow Ramsey to be more creative and provide him a bit more freedom.

Ox nd Gibbs has to start ahead of Gervinho and Santos.

Ravneet Singh
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesley Wang on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:38 pm

I wonder if Ramires will play the full 90 minutes against us, because they REALLY, REALLY need his legs to be 100% against Barca at the Nou Camp. If Ramires is rested, then I really fancy our chances against them.

I think the whole debate about Ramsey is overblown; he hasn't been terrible, he's just fluffed some sitters in front of goal which will obviously stick in our minds. As long as he sticks to the task at hand which is keep the ball moving and put in a good defensive shift (both of which he's very capable of), he'll do fine on Saturday.
Wesley Wang
Wesley Wang
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Having Koscielny back in the squad is making me optimistic about tomorrow. He has been one of the standout players for me this season!
Having said that, loosing Arteta, with his ability to control the midfield like no one else at arsenal, will be a huge miss for us.
[/u]IF[/u] Walcott can turn his recent form (last couple of games) around, I think we have a fair chanse at getting 3 points.
I somehow feel Ramsey will step up to the challange and give us his best performance this season!

The biggest question tomorrow is whether Gibbs og Santos will play at left back.. I fansy gibbs with his pace (assuming Sturridge will play on the right for Chelsky)

I think Arsenal wants this win more than Chelsea (having a fair chanse getting to the CL-final), and that will be decisive.
Arsenal - Chelsky: 2-1

Up Gunners!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:18 pm

No chance of Coquelin starting? It is his position.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:06 pm

TEAM NEWS

Arsenal will be without Mikel Arteta, who will miss the remainder of the season with an ankle injury.
Yossi Benayoun is ineligible to play against his parent club, but Laurent Koscielny is available after a ban and Abou Diaby and Francis Coquelin return.
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is out with a knee injury and boss Roberto di Matteo is set to rotate his side with Tuesday's trip to Barcelona in mind.
Michael Essien, Florent Malouda and Fernando Torres could come in.

Head-to-head
This will be the 150th league meeting between the two clubs - Arsenal lead by 61 wins to 44.
Chelsea have lost just four of their last 19 meetings in all competitions with Arsenal - but the Gunners have won the last two.
Arsenal
Monday's defeat by Wigan ended a run of five consecutive home league victories for the Gunners.
Arsenal have lost two of their last four Premier League games.
Arsene Wenger's side have won six Premier League matches after conceding the opening goal this season - no other club has won more than three.
Wojciech Szczesny is poised to make his 50th Premier League appearance in goal for Arsenal.
Chelsea
Chelsea have won two of their last five Premier League games.
Only the two Manchester clubs have conceded fewer goals away from home in the Premier League this season than Chelsea (18).
Chelsea are chasing their 400th win in Premier League football.
Ashley Cole is on 349 career league appearances.

bring it on........
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Michael Foster wrote:TEAM NEWS

Arsenal will be without Mikel Arteta, who will miss the remainder of the season with an ankle injury.
Yossi Benayoun is ineligible to play against his parent club, but Laurent Koscielny is available after a ban and Abou Diaby and Francis Coquelin return.
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is out with a knee injury and boss Roberto di Matteo is set to rotate his side with Tuesday's trip to Barcelona in mind.
Michael Essien, Florent Malouda and Fernando Torres could come in.

Head-to-head
This will be the 150th league meeting between the two clubs - Arsenal lead by 61 wins to 44.
Chelsea have lost just four of their last 19 meetings in all competitions with Arsenal - but the Gunners have won the last two.
Arsenal
Monday's defeat by Wigan ended a run of five consecutive home league victories for the Gunners.
Arsenal have lost two of their last four Premier League games.
Arsene Wenger's side have won six Premier League matches after conceding the opening goal this season - no other club has won more than three.
Wojciech Szczesny is poised to make his 50th Premier League appearance in goal for Arsenal.
Chelsea
Chelsea have won two of their last five Premier League games.
Only the two Manchester clubs have conceded fewer goals away from home in the Premier League this season than Chelsea (18).
Chelsea are chasing their 400th win in Premier League football.
Ashley Cole is on 349 career league appearances.

bring it on........
yeah, so pumped up for this one. Bring it on.....
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:15 pm

"The problem with Ramsey is that he won't be playing in his preferred role. He'll be playing in the Arteta roll, which means he has to keep things simple and keep the ball moving and ticking over. "

I dont understand peoples views at all on this, players themselves largely dictate how they play, playing Ramsey in the "Arteta Role" doesnt mean he will play too much different from normally, he will play centre midfield and will largely play his natural game.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:40 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:"The problem with Ramsey is that he won't be playing in his preferred role. He'll be playing in the Arteta roll, which means he has to keep things simple and keep the ball moving and ticking over. "

I dont understand peoples views at all on this, players themselves largely dictate how they play, playing Ramsey in the "Arteta Role" doesnt mean he will play too much different from normally, he will play centre midfield and will largely play his natural game.
Win!
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Subrat007 wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:"The problem with Ramsey is that he won't be playing in his preferred role. He'll be playing in the Arteta roll, which means he has to keep things simple and keep the ball moving and ticking over. "

Win!
I laughed out aloud to myself right now imagining Wenger saying to Rambo: "ok, Ramsey, today you play the 'Arteta role'. Just don't fuck his wife tonight"
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:02 pm

feeling very confident on this game....

so much i had £10 on arsenal 3-1 win Laughing
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Chelsea squad: Cech; Bosingwa, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand; Essien, Romeu, Malouda; Sturridge, Torres, Kalou.

Gonna be very pissed if we screw this up.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 pm

That's a weakened Chelsea team there. Still some great players in there but we can definitely beat that team!

Four changes for us. Diaby and Le Coq back from injury on the bench...

Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Chamberlain, Walcott, Van Persie

Subs: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Diaby, Coquelin, Gervinho, Chamakh

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:52 pm

come on arsenal!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:53 pm

WTF was that from Ramsey?

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Chris Chan wrote:WTF was that from Ramsey?

seams like the usual question at the moment..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 pm

sloppy game so far from both...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Chris Chan wrote:WTF was that from Ramsey?

I feel bad for Ramsey, he's clearly talented but nothing is going right for him recently

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Sure, but getting robbed on the ball in your own half when you've had 4 touches is plain unacceptable

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:58 pm

wtf was that...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 pm

fuck

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 pm

unbelieveable ><

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 pm

how do you miss that?

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next