Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wingers

+11
vyom.chaudhary
ahrstic
Chris Chan
Vanig Bostanian
jason.mandryk
Jonathan Prendergast
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Sami Rockfeller
John Foxall
Zaid Derweesh
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wingers - Page 2 Empty Re: Wingers

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Zaid Derweesh wrote:Theo is an important player, he may not be an excellent skillful player but he has become important to how we play. He is replaceable, but as we've seen, selling key players disrupts us, no matter their quality (Flamini, Hleb, Fabregas, Nasri, for example). He should stay, but some compromise must be found.

Totally agree with all that.
'
Theo is the pace. When our passing doesn't work, he is an entirely different type of weapon. Very important in keeping their defence on the back foot, and providing variety in our attack.

And keeping players is key as you say. Even the lesser ones (ie, not top 5).
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:22 am

Arsene Wenger has defended his decision to field Aaron Ramsey on the left side of midfield claiming the Welshman adds balance to the Arsenal line-up when a winger is deployed on the right.

Making clear that educating the young midfielder in a new position would aid his future development, the boss stressed that fielding the schemer on the wing was not likely to be a long-term state of affairs.

“I don’t think it is a long-term option for him because he is more a central player in the way I see him developing,” Wenger told Arsenal.com.

“Sometimes to balance the team, especially considering on the other side we have a real winger, I put a midfielder in there. That’s why in some games like at Everton I played him on the left. It worked then but at QPR we lost and it didn’t work.

“It is not linked with one position, it is to balance the team. I think in the education of a player it is important that he plays in different positions.”

Ramsey has come in for some very unfair criticism (predominantly via social media) in recent weeks, with his failure to convert chances against Everton, Manchester City and Wolves regularly highlighted. The player himself, has already spoken openly about a need to improve in and around the box, and the boss thinks it’s merely a case of relaxing.

“He always looks like he will score but doesn’t score at the moment. Once that will be done I think he will be more relaxed in front of goal and score more. He has played many games this year and for a first [full] season [at Arsenal] that is tremendous.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/04/wenger-ramsey-position-rotation-part-of-his-education/

Wasn't really sure where to put this but seeing as it has to do with wingplay...
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 am

Seams like the perfect place Mr York...

Well for the selected comments and criticism he has received this season has not all been too far if not from the truth but as a uneducated guess by some that seam to know nothing nor care about the development ideas of a player...the usual 'he is shit' does not go down to well with me nor a good few others of us here at least...

I will say abit tongue in cheek I have given him a bit of stick this year but only on a part of times when he has played he has seamed a little lost....

Now back to the criticism dished out...

One thing I have said to friends regarding Ramsey is his ability..we have seen him time and time again skin the shit out of midfielders and passing balls that looked a %100 fail meet the feet of attackers with pin point precision...

and just to add not just because he is captain of wales it gives him a get out of jail free card for a lack of 'turn-up-bility' ya like that one?? Heh
You simply don't get that given to you it's something earned....

...has an outstanding concept of the game played amongst the elite,he has a whole career ahead to carry on his favoured roll the choices Wenger has made to try and develope him in another roll will undoubtedly help his game I for one as you guys would prob agree it's a part of the field he generally won't rome into a left position to often and that said I believe Mr Wenger at some point would like to keep him in this slot...
Both Aaron and jack play the same position at what point can we include both in the same line up at a favoured position....none,we simply cannot have jack and Aaron there and to have either just sat on the bench would seam a huge waste..it would seam like the best idea and almost seams as tho this is what Wenger wants as let's face it...

what do we honstly, truly have to offer for the left wing??

All being said this is the best calculated guess i could come up with..

back to his criticism say what they want its obviously stick with nothing being stuck..

So anyway out to you guys.....what ya think?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:59 am

Theo has massively(in a relative sense) improved in his overall gameplay in the 2nd half of the season. Lets get him one more season before judging him. I think he can become a vital player for us in the years to come.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:48 am

of late he has scored goals out of the blue while playing rather indifferently otherwise, which makes it really difficult to judge or criticise him especially in a team which has lacked goal scorers this season.

Would be interesting to see what our first xi would be in the long run if Podolski joins and Ox develops into the force he looks to be developing into..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum