Andre santos

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andre santos

Post by Alejandro Perreira on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Wenger on santos, "He is back in full training on Friday. He is certainly short [for Monday] because he has not played for four months but I do not really know yet, it is a decision I have to make. We will see first how Gibbs is."

An infusion of swag is coming.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andre santos

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Finally, someone to share RVP's goal scoring burden.

Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Haha Andre Santos...definately has become the new Eboue type character in the squad. I have to say I still prefer Gibbs as a defender though. Santos is a fantastic fullback to have on the bench imo.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:41 am

It will take him some time, more time than the average player me thinks, to get back up to match fitness.

Even if he doesn't start right away (I'm sure he won't unless Gibbs gets injured), coming off the bench I think he could be a weapon both defensively and offensively. He's good enough going forward to come on and play further up the pitch and he gives us natural width and a reliable left foot and has a goal in him. We could bring him on to help Gibbs should we want to protect a lead, the way we used to do with Gibbs/Clichy coming on late and sitting in front of Clichy/Cole.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:22 am

Like him or not, we really suffered breaking teams down after his injury. This is only very very good news.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:31 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:Like him or not, we really suffered breaking teams down after his injury. This is only very very good news.

Agree, I missed his attacking runs down the left. Gervinho seemed to have developed an understanding with him. Gibbs could learn a lot from Santos on how to take on the defender while attacking.

Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:42 am

I thought he was adapting well before getting injured in that pointless, awful, awful European Game. At least he was able to track back and defend without coughing up a lung.

I really like him I have to say. He's a good, honest player and very effective going forward.

ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:37 am

ChippyBrady wrote:I thought he was adapting well before getting injured in that pointless, awful, awful European Game. At least he was able to track back and defend without coughing up a lung.

I really like him I have to say. He's a good, honest player and very effective going forward.

I too agree...it's not just he defends aswell as making runs he seams to hold a zone when he is playing its his and no one else's...

Gibbs can learn from this guy big time...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:59 am

Andre is a G.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Most skilled player on the team outside of rvp.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:09 am

What does 'skilled' mean? Technically? What about Wilshere, Ox, Arshavin? (if he still counts)

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:21 am

I mean in terms of touch and dribbling ability including tricks. We haven't seen Wilshire yet this year, so I can't include him. The ox will be a good dribbled, but right now he's still a bit mechanical when on the ball. He doesn't have the smoothness or fluidity of rvp or santos yet. I like that he attempts the stopovers and cutbacks, but they're effective right now because of his speed and defenders try to take that into account and it becomes a hot mess. Arshavin mostly used cuts, so he was pretty skilled too, but not very diverse. For me it's santos as most skilled pretty easily.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Arsenal's Andre Santos is eager to bring glory to the club.

After signing for Arsenal from Turkish side Fenerbache last August, Santos quickly established himself as the Gunners' first choice left-back. However, the Brazilian had to endure a three-month long injury lay-off soon after and only just made his return during a substitute appearance in the team's 3-0 Premier League victory over Aston Villa.

Santos told arsenal.com that he has fully adapted to life in England and would like a hand in winning the silverware he feels the club deserves.

"People recognise me on the streets and ask for photographs, people have great respect and charisma and they make me feel at home here." he shared.

"I’m super happy, I’ve adapted and now all I want is to make history with this club."

The Brazilian is enjoying the challenge of playing in the Premier League, believing the speed and intensity of the English game is unlike any other.

"The Premier League is something different - it’s the best league in the world." Santos declared.

"It’s hard to play in, the pace is different, the fact that almost every pitch is wet makes the ball run more, the tackles are harder, and it’s just really good."

Santos will be hoping to feature in Arsenal visit to Queens Park Rangers this Saturday.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/news/detail/item777829/

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:26 am

andre santos is a boss.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:31 am

He added so much from the attacking point of view, but Gibbs was still more solid defensively.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:37 am

Do you think?

I preferred Gibbs going forward as well today because Santos kept playing so narrowly as did Ramsey when he came on, we stretched the play left and right with Benayoun and Gibbs starting and we looked much better when they were on imo.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kique.canto on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:45 am

Santos has so much confidence in his possession and passing. I feel he added an extra element of attack when he came on. I think Gibbs was very good too especially in the defensive part of the job.

kique.canto
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Chew on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:59 am

I felt he kept moving in centrally today. does he have a good long range shot on him?

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 am

Santos was good, I thought he showed great attacking flair and showed lots of confidence on the ball. There was this one occasion where I thought he could have done better, just before the yellow card he really should have punched Balotelli square in the face.

Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:11 pm

An Arsenal player has publicly admitted he could follow the likes of Robin van Persie and Alex Song out of the club if the right offer was to come along.

After signing for the Gunners from Fenerbahce in August 2011, Andre Santos has admitted his short stay at the Emirates could soon come to an end.

The Brazilian has not featured in the Brazil set-up since 2011 and has recently lost his place to Kieran Gibbs in Arsene Wenger’s starting eleven.

Santos’ time in England has been a struggle, missing a large chunk of last season with an ankle injury and then earlier this month being charged with driving related offences.

The 29-year-old has been linked with a move to his former club’s arch-rivals Galatasaray after their chief executive admitted the club were interested in signing Santos.

Lutfi Aribogan told Turkish newspaper Fanatik: “Andre Santos is one of the names [we have] on our list.

“We currently have no contact with his club and the player himself.”

The attacking full-back has also revealed on Twitter that he would not rule out a return to Turkey should the opportunity present itself.

“I would like to state clearly that I have a lot of respect for Fenerbahce, and I love Istanbul but for now I am a Gunner,” tweeted Santos.

“For now, I have not received an offer from a Turkish team. However, if I receive an offer one day, thinking what is best for my family, I will make a decision.”

http://www.touchlinetalk.com/gunner-admits-he-could-leave-arsenal/18001/

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 pm

I think there is nothing in this one. He seems happy here. He hasn't played so much this season but if Gibbs is out injured for a little while longer, he'll have a chance to play himself into a starting place. I can't think why he'd be unhappy. Even his quote seems to refute a move to Turkey rather than suggest he's angling for one.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 pm

I like Santos, but he's pretty average, I wouldn't advocate selling him just yet but I also wouldnt be suprised to see Sagna playing left back when he returns instead of Santos if Gibbs is injured and considering Jenkinsons improvement.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:49 pm

I wouldn't really care if he left and we got some other left back. I like the guy as a person, no doubt, but he's not exactly the Santi Cazorla of the team.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Problem is there is a dearth of available, quality left backs. Hence the reason we got Santos I suppose.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Santos has been loaned to Gremio for the remainder of the season. Thank God.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top