2012 Summer Transfers

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

2012 Summer Transfers - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 Summer Transfers

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:15 am

Afobe as our 3rd striker isn't good enough. Let's say that Podolski will start as a left winger in our strongest 11. If he picks up an injury, we will replace him with one of Gerv/Ox etc.. but we will be back to the same problem we have this season : RVP as our only proper striker.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:19 am

Gotze has signed with BVB till 2016, so I guess that pretty much ends all speculation.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:36 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:Gotze has signed with BVB till 2016, so I guess that pretty much ends all speculation.

He wouldn't be the first player to do that and then leave. All it does is guarantee his club a bigger transfer fee should he decide he wants to go. Nasri signed a 4 year contract with Marseille a month or so before he signed for us. Not that I expect us to sign him, that's more hope than anything, just pointing out that it doesn't really mean that much.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:40 am

Well it doesn't mean much as to where his future might lie but it does imply that BVB will be expecting a bigger transfer fee than the 30 mil everyone's been quoting all the while and I don't see Arsenal dishing that kind of money.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:05 am

I think Gotze is pretty much dead for us. I think there was serious, serious interest. I think he was tempted, it sounds that way. But with Dortmund doing so well, why should he leave? Need to look at other targets now.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:03 am

While it could very well still happen, I just don't see the absolute necessity for it. To me, Chamberlain represents our Gotze - same positions, technically very good, great feet, likes to take on and beat his opponents, fast as hell, and has the vision/creativity to deliver in the final third - and his arrival on the scene will pretty much squash this deal happening. While Gotze is more established, further along in his development, and more experienced... I'm surprisingly comfortable with this. We've already seen and know AOC is bursting with potential. He's got a great head on his shoulders and seems eager to play for Arsenal and develop his talents here (an eagerness Gotze wouldn't necessarily possess). One could argue he understands the English game better, being an Englishman, and that gives him a leg-up, however slight, over Gotze. Like I've said, while it would be awesome to see Gotze come in, I just don't see the dire need being articulated by others.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:10 am

Call me crazy at parts of this but I don't think we need gotze..you look at what we have down the wings..I personally would prefer a good solid hard working ball distributing mid,
Or if walcott will get his run infront of goal maybe go for gotze...

I just think it would be better spent elsewhere....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 am

Yeah.. we don't need Goetze actually. We have good players coming up. Don't wanna hinder their development. And Goetze will cost us Fort Knox.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:39 am

How about this Cardozo guy from benfica?? I rate him highly.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 am

Kagawa is out of the equation as well.

"Bild report that the extension talks with Kagawa are nearly done and he should sign a new deal in the next few days."

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 am

I agree with Mike Foster, id much rather we spent the money on M'Villa he would add much more to our team, I think we are perfectly fine offensively when we have the ball, its rare for us to fail to score in a game, but if we could knock 10 goals off our conceded total next season we could be much better off, M'Villa does it all for me, I think he is sheer class.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:05 am

Kagawa looked nothing special against us. Cardozo is Benfica-standard. Neither player should be of any interest.

Generally, most of those Dortmund players seem to have inflated reputations based on the success of the collective. Perhaps Gotze is the gem in the pack but everyone else including their centre-backs didn't do a huge amount to impress against us. Their forwards were particularly toothless and seem very much to be Bundesliga standard.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:28 am

John Foxall wrote:Kagawa looked nothing special against us. Cardozo is Benfica-standard. Neither player should be of any interest.

Generally, most of those Dortmund players seem to have inflated reputations based on the success of the collective. Perhaps Gotze is the gem in the pack but everyone else including their centre-backs didn't do a huge amount to impress against us. Their forwards were particularly toothless and seem very much to be Bundesliga standard.

I agree. The team was very organised on and off the ball. Maybe it is the collective more than the individuals.

in conclusion, we should get their coach once wenger retires, rather than their players.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Chew on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Don't forget The Ox was bought for whatever been discussed and not one of our so called potential youngsters.

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:I agree with Mike Foster, id much rather we spent the money on M'Villa he would add much more to our team, I think we are perfectly fine offensively when we have the ball, its rare for us to fail to score in a game, but if we could knock 10 goals off our conceded total next season we could be much better off, M'Villa does it all for me, I think he is sheer class.

I think M'Villa is the most likely out of all the players we have been linked to. We've been scouting him for sometime now and our interest only seems to magnify with each passing game, if the papers are to be believed.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is set to clear out his fringe players, which are currently costing the club £23m a year in wages, to fund a summer spending spree. Among those set to go are Andrey Arshavin, Marouane Chamakh and Nicklas Bendtner.

Daily mail.

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:I agree with Mike Foster, id much rather we spent the money on M'Villa he would add much more to our team, I think we are perfectly fine offensively when we have the ball, its rare for us to fail to score in a game, but if we could knock 10 goals off our conceded total next season we could be much better off, M'Villa does it all for me, I think he is sheer class.

I think M'Villa is the most likely out of all the players we have been linked to. We've been scouting him for sometime now and our interest only seems to magnify with each passing game, if the papers are to be believed.

Is he even better than Arteta?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:

This would be a far better signing....if we were to land him and podolski I would be very,very happy with that...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:26 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:

This would be a far better signing....if we were to land him and podolski I would be very,very happy with that...
And an experienced back-up keeper. I just can't bring myself to trust or care about Fabianski.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 am

If we signed M'Vila, what would our first choice midfield look like?
M'Vila - Song
Wilshere?

M'Vila - Arteta
Wilshere?

M'Vila - Wilshere
Rosicky?

It's so fluid I'm not sure who plays where...and maybe that's the point. I'd still like THREE players + Podolski though: Hazard, M'Vila and a backup keeper. But it's unlikely. Podolski looks almost certain, if we're lucky one of Hazard or M'Vila, and maybe, maybe a backup keeper.

We should also sign M'Vila before the Euros, because if he has a good tournament his value will skyrocket.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:If we signed M'Vila, what would our first choice midfield look like?
M'Vila - Song
Wilshere?

M'Vila - Arteta
Wilshere?

M'Vila - Wilshere
Rosicky?

It's so fluid I'm not sure who plays where...and maybe that's the point. I'd still like THREE players + Podolski though: Hazard, M'Vila and a backup keeper. But it's unlikely. Podolski looks almost certain, if we're lucky one of Hazard or M'Vila, and maybe, maybe a backup keeper.

We should also sign M'Vila before the Euros, because if he has a good tournament his value will skyrocket.
A hard decision indeed. I almost wouldn't even worry what it'd be... "whoever are the form players on any given matchday" is my answer. Any one of those midfield 3 are of the quality to win a championship. Allows for a healthy bit of squad rotation as well!
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:52 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:

Is he even better than Arteta?

A different type of player with similar strengths maybe, so hard to say who is better...I think M'Villa would be an automatic choice in the midfield three, at the expense of either Song or Arteta most of the time.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Any two of Poldi, M'Vila, Hazard and Goetze, plus a decent backup keeper. I think that - combined with a good clearing out of the deadwood - would satisfy even the most demanding of supporters.
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Think to have mv in the squad and rotate is an absolute blinding thing to have,get the players fighting for starting slots and to have any of that as backup on the bech would leave most teams puring and worried at the same time...

Imagine mv or jack coming off the bench...haha...

Make it so Wenger!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Min Shan on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:52 am

jason.mandryk wrote:Any two of Poldi, M'Vila, Hazard and Goetze, plus a decent backup keeper. I think that - combined with a good clearing out of the deadwood - would satisfy even the most demanding of supporters.

goetze seems pretty impossible, reports in the march has seen he just extended his contract with dortmund recently.

Min Shan
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next