Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players' Performance In Recent Matches.

+20
Sami Rockfeller
Marko Maksimović
ahrstic
Subrat Koirala
Min Shan
Jonathan Prendergast
Mario
Michael Schatzky
Evan Mullins
Jenks1981
janelle.noel
Michael Foster
Jenson Pais
Jason Morrison
Chris Chan
Joey Schwab
Justin Chew
Graham Edward Denton
Vanig Bostanian
Samritpal Singh
24 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Players' Performance In Recent Matches.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Players' Performance In Recent Matches.

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:He looks promising, but not much intensity or pressure on the ball in these games.

Wenger made such a huge investment in Cesc. Basically sold one of our best players, our captain because Viera and Cesc couldn't play in the same team, when Cesc was 19.

Now, because of injuries (Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby), we have an large number of central midfielders. Rosicky, Wilshere, Arteta, Diaby, Ramsey, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coquelin, Frimpong etc etc.

I just can't imagine Wenger selling players to make way for Zelalem. To give this guy a go in coming years, we'd need to sell/let-go at least 3, including one of Ramsey, Wilshere or Oxlade-Chamberlain or Carzola. Just can't imagine letting one of them go, maybe Cazorla in 2-3 years.

Anything can happen, I just don't think Wenger will ever make such an investment in a young payer again. It will be tough to bring Zelalem into the team within the next 2-3 years.
Rosicky is 32 and Arteta is 31, so in two years time they will be quite old, and according to Wenger, senior citizens. Diaby should not be counted as one of our midfield options, Coquelin and Frimpong are not good enough. So basically, that leaves us with Santi who will be 30ish and the British core who will be hitting their prime. So in two three years time, if he has special talent, he can be someone like the Ox is right now. Another Fabregas? That's too hard and let's not put too much pressure on the kid.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Players' Performance In Recent Matches.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Players' Performance In Recent Matches.

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:13 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-next-michael-laudrup-16-year-old-gediom-zelalem-stars-for-arsenal-once-again-in-asia/
Zalalem highlights. Seems like a combination of Cesc and Rosicky. Swift quick passing and accurate through balls.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Didn't you say not to compare him with Cesc and put too much pressure on him? Smile 
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Didn't you say not to compare him with Cesc and put too much pressure on him? Smile 
I'm not comparing him to Cesc. I'm comparing him to Cesc and Rosicky! Seriously though, one can't but be excited to see such a promising talent.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Zalalem looks like a quality player. Personally, I find him more in the Pirlo mould as opposed to Cesc or Rosicky, who are both more attacking in nature. Zalalem will probably play a lot deeper than he's playing now as his career progresses on. Non-the-less, a very exciting prospect.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:57 am

Bacary Sagna believes his future may lie in central defence.

One of Sagna's best performances in an Arsenal shirt came against Saturday's opponents Sunderland in a hard-fought 1-0 win at the Stadium of Light in February, when he filled in for the injured Laurent Koscielny.
The French defender has been a reliable back-up option in that role for Arsène Wenger and has drawn comparisons with former France international Lilian Thuram, who made an identical move from the right to the middle.

"[We make it work] because of our character, I think that we are fighters," Sagna told Arsenal Player. "Technically we are not better than anyone else but mentally we are strong and we know what we want and we always want to learn. Even at 30 I still have time to learn another position and I'm looking forward to it.
"Why not [play there in future]? I'm getting old and at right back you need to put in a lot more effort. I don't know how long I can do that to my maximum so maybe one day I will be able to play centre back.
"It [Sunderland] was a hard game last season, I think Laurent got injured so I had to play centre back because we didn't have any on the bench, so I just stuck to it and I just tried to communicate as much as I can with Per [Mertesacker] because he gave me a lot of advice.
"I also tried to communicate a lot with Carl [Jenkinson] because he was playing in the right-back position.
"We had a player sent off as well after one hour and it was really hard because they kept pushing but we showed great character and managed to win away."
Sagna believes his excellent early season form is down to his summer preparation.
"I had a pre-season and last year I didn't have one," he said. "It was quite difficult because I was still struggling with my ankle and you know when you don't play for one year your body doesn't feel the same.
"I had to work a lot and I manage to play with my team-mates in pre-season and that made a difference."
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:02 am

Right people, we're back in business!

Jack Wilshere vs Sunderland (away)

Mesut Özil vs Sunderland (away)

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:33 am

A better Ozil compilation :

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Ramsey vs Sunderland (away)

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 pm

nice vids thanks sam!!

watching ozil..its like he has been in the team forever...fitted in so well and the free roam slot behind the forward could really come to fruit once cazorla is back

and major plus points for giroud yesterday

theo really needs to start to tuck away the lay on's guilty of three great chances it was almost as tho theo did not expect two of the passes to reach him...well theo get used to it its only going to get better!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Gibbs vs Marseille (away)

MOTM for me

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:40 am

Flamini vs Marseille (away)

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:48 am

Ozil vs Marseille (away)

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:07 am

regardless of what the pundits/papers are saying it seams the whole team is pulling itself together and like united who win ugly at times..we seam to be doing just that....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:21 am

Walcott compilation : LINK
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Right.

Mertesacker vs Stoke (home) : LINK

Ozil vs Stoke (home) :

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Also, Miyachi vs Stoke (Home) :

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:40 am

Flamini vs Stoke (home):

Ramsey vs Stoke (home):

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Gnabry vs Swansea (away)

Koscielny vs Swansea (away)

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:04 am

Ramsey vs Norwich (home) :

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Wilshere vs Norwich :

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Ozil vs Norwich :

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:02 am

Our center backs:
http://vimeo.com/78821895

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBRVRNG0I5E&feature=youtu.be
Rosicky vs Dortmund! 8 MINUTES of compilation. You know the man did some serious running there and was involved in pretty much everything. He's 33 and if we use him sparingly, in big matches where his experience is vital, I think we can still get 2 good years out of him. Hope he renews.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkPxESDHDP4
And another 8 minute compilation against Liverpool.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next