Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unbearable Leniency

+6
Chris Chan
Ashraf Peeran
Sami Rockfeller
Christopher Flanagan
Alejandro Perreira
eyal.peer
10 posters

Go down

The Unbearable Leniency Empty The Unbearable Leniency

Post by eyal.peer Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 am

I have to say that some posters in this group, occassionally me included, do not avert hypocritical leniency.

We criticize the team and the players for their lack of mental strength, for their leniency, for their unwillingness to give a fight and show a competitive spirit, yet we sin with the exact same faults.

Every loss, be it small to a small team or major to a major team, immediately sees the forum filled up with comments about how bad and how hopeless this team is.

Of course this is less of a criticism and more of an observation, as I don't have the right to criticize some fans here who go to almost every game and spend so much time and money supporting the team, while I am unable to do so.

However, this doesn't lessen the validity of the point. I think that fans who expect their team to fight, to always show spirit, to always battle back, no matter who they adverse, should also support the team, avoid criticism on the field and show a positive attitude to help the players regain their best form.

It is almost surely counter-intuitive to pass so much criticism before, during and after match day, when we expect our team to give it their all.

We as fans should always remember that a big part of the game is us giving our all as well. Even when it is difficult to hope, difficult to conceive the possibility of winning a game, or a trophy. We need to keep the faith. Especially if we are atheists and this is our chance at having faith at something. Laughing
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

The Unbearable Leniency Empty Re: The Unbearable Leniency

Post by Alejandro Perreira Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:21 pm

I may be wrong, but most of what I see from you pregame and post game is negative, I know for sure you haven't been shy about expecting losses, so you gotta practice what you preach bruh.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Football fans are emotional and stupid.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:43 pm

You gotta let the frustration out somewhere or else you just end up booing your players in the stadium.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashraf Peeran Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Also, football fans have the shortest memories. Take us for example. When we recovered from that poor start to the season and went on a good run of some 8 wins in 9 games or something, we were all going on about how we preferred this side to sides of previous seasons because, even though the quality of the side may not be as good, the team showed fight and spirit and played for the club as well as for each other. A few poor losses in a row and some crucial games fucked up and suddenly our team has never shown any kind of spirit or character and don't deserve their wages.

Now you might argue that before the team used to fight, and now they don't, hence the reactions. But when the team is losing, everything looks like its wrong. Its very hard to see any good qualities and sub-consciously you've convinced yourself that the team hasn't tried.
Ashraf Peeran
Ashraf Peeran
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Christopher Flanagan wrote:Football fans are emotional and stupid.

I wouldnt want it any other way

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:03 pm

I would think that it doesn't matter at all whether we post negative thoughts or not here. Unless you think Arshavin or Chamakh are members of this forum and we're destroying their confidence or something with our evil comments.

I expect the players to show spirit, fight etc, because they're playing for a great football club, a dream for most people and are getting paid very handsomely on top of that to do so. The fans at Sunderland showed more spirit than the team, so if they come on here later on and moan 24x7 that's fine with me.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Are people that scribble the hardest the ones that get the best marks in the exams?

Sometimes trying hard or being aggressive, even in football, does not always lead to the best results. Tactics, decision making, skills may be compromised.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:37 am

Ashraf Peeran wrote:Also, football fans have the shortest memories. Take us for example. When we recovered from that poor start to the season and went on a good run of some 8 wins in 9 games or something, we were all going on about how we preferred this side to sides of previous seasons because, even though the quality of the side may not be as good, the team showed fight and spirit and played for the club as well as for each other. A few poor losses in a row and some crucial games fucked up and suddenly our team has never shown any kind of spirit or character and don't deserve their wages.

Now you might argue that before the team used to fight, and now they don't, hence the reactions. But when the team is losing, everything looks like its wrong. Its very hard to see any good qualities and sub-consciously you've convinced yourself that the team hasn't tried.

I would argue that ok this seam true....we win and its happy days,
But the fact is when we lose we are doing it in an epic fuck up of a way...I mean truly fucking bad,it's not to say ' oh it went bad but we can take positives from it' the fact is we lose in such a bad way that there are no positives to pluck from it...at most we find ourselves finding 1 player out of the bunch and even then he still get an 'he played ok'

I don't think I would be so hard on the team if they lost and put up a good fight about it....
There have been to few a games for me this season where we should have turned over an average team or scrapped out a point..and only just,

See you could argue it this way that when we win because its been as it has for a while we look at the team through a rose garden and the 'ok' players become stars over 90 mins where we should be saying 'ok we did well today now carry that onto not just the next game but the next 10'

We need to win the so called small fry games and big ourselves up for the granit games...

Not just turn up.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 am

OK, next time we lose (which could be in less than 24 hours), I will not say X and Y played shit because it might hurt their feelings.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum