Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Sunderland Post Match

+23
Jonathan Prendergast
James Lock
nick koupparis
McCarthyofcourse!!
janelle.noel
Marko Maksimović
John Foxall
Assan Touray
Hisham El Mawan
JavierVen
Chris Chan
Vanig Bostanian
Mario
Dan Hakim
Joey Schwab
Durrell
Michael Schatzky
OsamaMahfooz
Justin Chew
Alex Hadjicharalampous
eyal.peer
ChippyBrady
Richard Wallace
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Sunderland Post Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Sunderland Post Match

Post by OsamaMahfooz Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:24 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Well at least our fixture list will get easier... Tottenham, then Liverpool away. We would do well to take a point.

We'll take all 6, then lose to NewCastle.
OsamaMahfooz
OsamaMahfooz
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Sunderland Post Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Sunderland Post Match

Post by eyal.peer Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:25 am

We're gonna beat Tottenham 3-1.
You heard it here first.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:25 am

OsamaMahfooz wrote:Can the new kid, Esfield i think, can he play? Have we registered him?
I don't think we need to register him because he's not over 21? Besides, he didn't even have a wikipedia page before joining us, would it be good to throw him agaisnt Spurs?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:25 am

OsamaMahfooz wrote:Can the new kid, Esfield i think, can he play? Have we registered him?

Under 21, he doesn't need to be registered to be eligible.

Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by OsamaMahfooz Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:
I don't think we need to register him because he's not over 21? Besides, he didn't even have a wikipedia page before joining us, would it be good to throw him agaisnt Spurs?

Why the fuck not? Ramsey's ankle is made of pudding right now. Arteta cant score in a whore house, Benayoun is a jew (not antisemetic, just dont have a better reason than that). Jack "Wheel chair" Wilshire is unavailable. So why not give him a go?
OsamaMahfooz
OsamaMahfooz
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 am

Relying on a kid who no one has ever heard of to turn our season round...only at Arsenal

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:28 am

Not looking forward to Spurs at home. We're going to get hammered and humiliated at our own ground. I can't see any other outcome.
Things will get really ugly and I'm sure there will be a lot of discontent directed towards the manager. And Spurs fans will love every minute of it.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:28 am

If Eisfeld is the answer, what the fuck is the question??
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:28 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Well at least our fixture list will get easier... Tottenham, then Liverpool away. We would do well to take a point.

It doesn't rain, it pours. I think we'll be fortunate to end up with a Europa spot this season

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 am

We all tried to be positive, hoping that after the Milan spectacle, the team will bounce back and put in a real performance today. But as per the Arsenal of recent years, our season is about to collapse within a short span.
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 am

Chris Chan wrote:

It doesn't rain, it pours. I think we'll be fortunate to end up with a Europa spot this season

But hey, we might actually win that!
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OsamaMahfooz Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 am

ChippyBrady wrote:If Eisfeld is the answer, what the fuck is the question??

Q: Who did we sign in January that can play in the midfield?
OsamaMahfooz
OsamaMahfooz
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:31 am

As with the Milan performance, there was no realistic game plan and no understanding of how to deal with the opposition's strength.

Wenger really should do the honorable thing and move on at the end of the season. I appreciate the arguments about the state of the rest of the club, but the main person responsible for the playing staff is him.

I'd like to see someone else get a chance. As usual, the arguments being made today could have been made at any stage over the past few years.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:32 am

Same shit, different day. I want the real Arsenal back. All of the players need to look at themselves. I'm tired of reading the same shit, we are better, we have shown character crap... Not coming from AW, but from the players. They lie lie lie. I hope AW digs into them again and DEEP this time. Everyone looked below par and uninterested. Shades of effort were shown... Throw out the shit, and play how we all know this team can play. There was no movement. The ball was going backwards, sideways, to marked men. Silly stuff. Vermaelen passing back the whole game, puts Djourou in trouble, he HAD to foul Gardner.
The goal was silly, those second balls need to get mopped up. Sagna was too slow. Ok he's back from injury but still, dive in, even if it forces a pen. Better than a goal. Their second was obvious, we could see it coming. Pass pass pass, misplaced pass, counter attack, goal, simple as. Ox lost it, credit he did race back 70+ m to try and compensate but at this level, that doesn't cut it. Overall disappointment...
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OsamaMahfooz Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:32 am

John Foxall wrote:As with the Milan performance, there was no realistic game plan and no understanding of how to deal with the opposition's strength.

Wenger really should do the honorable thing and move on at the end of the season. I appreciate the arguments about the state of the rest of the club, but the main person responsible for the playing staff is him.

I'd like to see someone else get a chance. As usual, the arguments being made today could have been made at any stage over the past few years.

Replace him with AVB?
OsamaMahfooz
OsamaMahfooz
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 am

OsamaMahfooz wrote:
John Foxall wrote:As with the Milan performance, there was no realistic game plan and no understanding of how to deal with the opposition's strength.

Replace him with AVB?

Hope not!

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 am

OsamaMahfooz wrote:
Van Roy Bostanian wrote:

Why the fuck not? Ramsey's ankle is made of pudding right now. Arteta cant score in a whore house, Benayoun is a jew (not antisemetic, just dont have a better reason than that). Jack "Wheel chair" Wilshire is unavailable. So why not give him a go?

Could it really be any worse than what we'v seen recently? He might actually come on and give it a go.

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:38 am

Whether Arteta can score or not is secondary. What he can't do is decide what he's going to do quickly without taking five seconds to think about it. His long-range passing is also nothing special. Sides love to give him time on the ball, the one thing he doesn't do is bring it forward with any purpose.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:45 am

MarkoMaksimovic wrote: Pass pass pass, misplaced pass, counter attack, goal, simple as. Ox lost it, credit he did race back 70+ m to try and compensate but at this level, that doesn't cut it. Overall disappointment...

To be fair to him, Ox lost it after being doubled up on and no one showing for him to release it, and ran back to try to correct his mistake. He ran past a lot of players that didn't have even half his enthusiasm for stopping Sunderland scoring.
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:08 am

''And to all those that think 4th is now the holy grail, whats the point? To gain the money that we don’t spend? To attract the top players we don’t sign? Or to get through to the knock stages for a cup we can’t possibly win?''

Saw this on Arseblog and it made me sad because it's kinda true. Of course we still need to try and get 4th, but the way things are going I don't really think anything will change even if we do.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:21 am

Wasn't surprised by today's result... after all we are nearly in March and that is the usual time of the season when we implode and go crashing out of every competition! 7 Years without a trophy doesn't bother me ( there is always the emirates cup I guess ) what bothers me is the fact we seem to have a manager or board ( make your own mind up ) that wont adapt to the way the game has changed. Buying relatively unknown players to replace world class players that have left is never going to win silverware no matter how much wenger has faith in them... we need to replace like with like. The problem is Chamakh , Squillaci and co are just not good enough for a club like Arsenal ... why are they continually persisted with ? I dont think RVP will leave look how the club has stuck by him in all those seasons when he was injured for months on end , nor do I think we should panic about this poor run... cause lets face it we were never going to win the FA cup or CL ! we not a cup team ! the league is what matters this season and 4th place so that should be our focus 110 per cent now... We need Wilshere back asap and these next two games against spurs and pool will be far bigger than milan or sunderland ... trying to keep the faith
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 am

McCarthyofcourse!! wrote:Wasn't surprised by today's result... after all we are nearly in March and that is the usual time of the season when we implode and go crashing out of every competition! 7 Years without a trophy doesn't bother me ( there is always the emirates cup I guess ) what bothers me is the fact we seem to have a manager or board ( make your own mind up ) that wont adapt to the way the game has changed. Buying relatively unknown players to replace world class players that have left is never going to win silverware no matter how much wenger has faith in them... we need to replace like with like. The problem is Chamakh , Squillaci and co are just not good enough for a club like Arsenal ... why are they continually persisted with ? I dont think RVP will leave look how the club has stuck by him in all those seasons when he was injured for months on end , nor do I think we should panic about this poor run... cause lets face it we were never going to win the FA cup or CL ! we not a cup team ! the league is what matters this season and 4th place so that should be our focus 110 per cent now... We need Wilshere back asap and these next two games against spurs and pool will be far bigger than milan or sunderland ... trying to keep the faith

What have you done with Dan McCarthy?

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nick koupparis Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:47 am

found out again - nice work Arsene.

Must be hard work being at club for so long working with players week in week out for years in the most part. Then pitching up on game day like a bunch of strangers.

pathetic
nick koupparis
nick koupparis
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by James Lock Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:51 am

Lack of evolution going on at the club. We're going backwards in my opinion.

James Lock
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:55 am

James Lock wrote:Lack of evolution going on at the club. We're going backwards in my opinion.

Agree with this, I look at this team and I don't see any progression over the past 3 or 4 years

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next