Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match

+40
Marko Maksimović
McCarthyofcourse!!
Dark Knight
Mike York
ChippyBrady
richard.fallaize
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Alejandro Perreira
Mohamed Samir
Zaid Derweesh
Darcy Gorman
Joey Schwab
Adam Sisson
jason.mandryk
Will.sheng
John Foxall
janelle.noel
Hisham El Mawan
nick koupparis
Richard Wallace
Adriel Williams
JavierVen
ralph avedikian
Jason Morrison
Assan Touray
Pamela Kalu
Durrell
Stephen Mitchell
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Ed Spence
Vanig Bostanian
Cyril Karwa
Sami Rockfeller
Michael Schatzky
Mario
eyal.peer
Michael Foster
Evan Mullins
Dan Hakim
44 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match - Page 5 Empty Re: AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 pm

i cant help but feel depressed about current state of the club.
and as pointed out above if you take persie out of our team we wont be even in top 7-8 of premier league.our team is equivalent of any mid table team which has one world class player.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 pm

The papers made for some interesting headlines this morning,

Chicken hearts die of shame - The Sun

This humiliation felt like a watershed in Arsène Wenger’s Arsenal career - Daily Telegraph

Arsene Wenger, one of the great football managers, must break up this side to save himself - Daily Telegraph

It felt like a humiliation for Arsenal - Guardian

Arsène and Arsenal are living in the past - Independent

Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Just saw the Wenger's post match interview, he really lays it into the team. Hopefully it spurs them to perform better next match.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Stephen Mitchell wrote:Jeez.

Yes, we were dreadful. Some poor performances from people who we really should be able to count on (Vermaelen and Sagna). But some of the reactionary comments I've seen on the net in the last hour are laughable. People were talking us up after two good results in the league recently, and all of a sudden one result shows how deficient we are in every single department, the death knell of Arsenal football club and a sign of our inexorable slide...

Milan are a very good side, and we took a hiding. Yes, tonight was unacceptable. But I don't understand how this symbolises the current state of our side any more than the 7-1 win against Blackburn does, or our excellent run of form from October to December. The world didn't end tonight. Sunderland next on Saturday afternoon.

Rant over, apologies.

Nice to see some people keeping their heads. Last night was a shambles but some fans are talking like it is season over. In my opinion the CL this year was low down on our priorities. Keeping 4th spot is the top and trying to win the FA Cup, far more realistic and still possible despite what the pessimistic doom-mongers say, is second to that. Hopefully the squad reacts better than the fans do to this result as there is still a lot to play for in the season.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:36 pm

The Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen couldn’t deny that last night’s defeat to AC Milan was a terrible performance, and he has vowed that the Gunners will make amends in the return leg at the Emirates.

The Verminator said last night: “It’s difficult to give an explanation for what happened so soon after the game this evening because I’m quite disappointed by what happened,”

“It was a really bad result. The only thing we can do is remember that we’ve still got another game to go”.

“Now we have to show some pride and give 100% in the return leg. We have to give something back to all those Arsenal fans who came all the way out here to this stadium, here in Milan, only for us to disappoint them. We must think of them now because what happened was not good. The only thing we can do is give them a good result in the home game.”

“When you are a professional you put the bad things that happen behind you. We will have to learn our lessons from what happened tonight but it is important at times like this to remain mentally strong and focus on the next game.”

http://arsenalbanter.com/vermaelen-we-must-bounce-back-against-milan-for-the-fans/1936
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 pm

Of course it's a painful way to go out (because obviously we're out) and I understand the nature of a football fan, to crucify his team after a (very) bad result.

But it has been said the CL wasn't the first priority this season and it's true. I'd like to add this: yes, Milan were far better than us last night in every department and fully deserved to win. But at the same time, the attempts on target were 5-5, while Milan had scored 4 goals with their first 4 attempts on target. I mean, surely we were shit and defended badly but fuck me, when it rains it pours. Plus, although we were shit in attack, Abbiati still had to make two good saves. It was a(nother) night when everything that could go against us, did. This game could've easily finished with a very different scoreline with a little luck and we would've had a shot at it in the 2nd leg but..

Well, on a positive note, we still did better in the CL (and the FA Cup) than both Manchester clubs.

Now with all the troubles we've had last summer and the injuries this year, especially in defence, if we finish 4th it'll be a great achievement. And if my vision hasn't abandoned me, we are 4th in the league right now.

Defining weeks ahead with games vs Tottenham and Liverpool, obviously. Keep the fuckin' faith.

Dark Knight
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:24 am

I don't get the 'Champions League wasn't our top priority' argument? It was a chance to potentially win a trophy, and if nothing else a morale boost to show we were still a largish force in top level European football.
Now that we are all but out, we can focus on our patchy form in the league, which has been up and down all season, and particularly terrible in January, when there was no distraction from the CL, and our dodgy FA Cup performances?
Also given how as a team we go into some kind of PTSD when we get knocked out of a competition, it's probably beneficial we try to stave off the meltdown for as long as possible
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:28 am

Never mind priorities, this was neither a competent nor a realistic performance for the occasion or the opposition. We were non-existent.

Having thought about it a bit, I think it registers as an even less competent performance than Bayern Munich away in 2005, which takes some doing.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:53 am

dark knight wrote:

Well, on a positive note, we still did better in the CL (and the FA Cup) than both Manchester clubs.

How is doing better than the Manchester clubs a positive? I've seen this notion elsewhere. With all due respect, that sounds like the kind of PR nonsense Gazidis was spouting off not so long ago. They will have nothing to be envious of come the end of the season. As we look to humiliate ourselves out of ever competition year after year, both of these clubs will give a better showing in the competitions they remain in.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 am

ChippyBrady7 wrote:
dark knight wrote:

How is doing better than the Manchester clubs a positive? I've seen this notion elsewhere. With all due respect, that sounds like the kind of PR nonsense Gazidis was spouting off not so long ago. They will have nothing to be envious of come the end of the season. As we look to humiliate ourselves out of ever competition year after year, both of these clubs will give a better showing in the competitions they remain in.

I agree that's what Tottenham fans were doing last year. They got a whole round further then us then good walloped by Madrid. Who wants to start talking like them.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 am

I'd forgotten how they did in the competition last year that's how irrelevant they are to me.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 am

Durrell wrote:I don't get the 'Champions League wasn't our top priority' argument? It was a chance to potentially win a trophy

No it wasn't. I don't think any realistic fan would say that the CL was a chance for a trophy. It isn't even thought of.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:06 am

The problem under Wenger is that no trophy is a realistic target, so the non-existent triumph is getting back in the Champions League each year. Yet, this perpetuates a certain level of mediocrity.

The fact that we messed up the realistic target of the Carling Cup shows just how poor we have become when it really matters.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 am

How anyone can be surprised by last night is beyond me ...

How many more big tests will Wenger fail with this team. Ultimately the blame must lie with the manager... Yes the players were bad last night but where was the motivation from the manager or the tactics or the change of direction when things werent going or way ? Again wenger looked clueless on the sideline last night ... more angry than aware.

This has to stop, why are we on this ever downward spiral with this lets face it not very competent manager? So many big tests where we could of stood up and been counted over the last few years and we have failed them all !!! why is this accepted at Arsenal... The carling cup, the league race last season, the CL ... our transfer dealings!!!!

Its all well and good to have a sustainable business model off the pitch but that will not last long if we dont have an effective model on the pitch !!

Wenger must leave this season end. Give me Brendan Rogers, Big Sam anyone that can put the fire back in this team of underperformers !!! wenger must concentrate on 4th place then leave , its become embarrassing and still how he can think this team is good enough by not buying what we CLEARLY require is just unbelievable !!

Wenger has said time and time again (like last night) judge him after the game / season / whatever ... well guess what Arsene we have and your a fucking failure !!! please do the decent thing and step down, thanks for the memories but thats all they are ... going forward we will not go anywhere with this manager

I fancy Sunderland to batter us Saturday ... afterall its nearly March and lets face it thats do what we do best in all competitions under Wenger - IMPLODE !!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Big Sam? At least call for someone like Moyes.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 am

Dan, please name me one manager that would do a better job than Wenger in our situation ?? ( I am assuming Big sam is a joke..)

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:46 am

someone said pulis for arsenal? yep, thats an arsenal fan.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 am

for all the blame wenger deserves, he cant control a bad szcezny kick, sagna not sprinting back or a tv slip can he? unfortunately this proved to be a mismatch and in addition to outplaying us, every bounce or loose ball went their way.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:50 am

Alejandro Perreira wrote:someone said pulis for arsenal? yep, thats an arsenal fan.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to clarify I was taking the piss with that remark.
Obviously I should have...
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:10 am

Big Sam was a joke yes - but what do you mean our situation. I think people are fools to believe this club has no money - we are the 7th richest in the game arent we ? again announced a tidy profit this year ... SO the question is really do we accept a deluded old hack like Wenger who is stubborn in his belief (which he does believe) that players like Ramsey, Walcott, AA must I go on ... are good enough or a manager that sees this squad needs a massive shake up ?

For the record I would take in a heartbeat - Ancellotti, Guardiola, Rogers, Moyes, Hiddink to name a few ...

Wenger has eroded this club over the years and it must stop it really is a disgrace ... I mean WTF last season a 6% increase in tickets and for what ?

Wenger is finished its just sad we are to gutless a club that concentrates on the business side of things than the actual game itself in recent years

When I sold my ST the start of this season I wondered if I had made a massive mistake - I just couldnt justify the cost of it and travelling to games - now I must say THANKYOU arsenal as it was the best thing I have ever done

I vow never to pay to watch Arsenal under Wenger again
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:55 am

I really wish that some people didn't migrate from the facebook group... MCCARTHY YOU!
Last night was a disgrace. It happens in football. When Utd got wallopped by Citeh their fans didnt lay into how useless the whole team is. They got on with it... What the fuck!? We are a bunch of losers on here. Every player who doesn't do his laces up the Arsenal way is a disgrace. Wenger is a fool because he can't get the players up and motivated!??? What bullshit! The players are payed to win matches, they are payed to play in Arsenal colours. If that isn't enough motivation to get to every ball, by hook or by crook then I dunno what is! Every single player disappointed us last night, by lack of leadership or lack of know how on the ball. In every department Milan were the better team. They wanted it more. They had thousands of their own faithful gearing them on, whistling at our boys whenever we had the ball... Go to the Emirates last season and you would hear someone like McCarthy whistling at Squillaci... Bullshit, you pay, you support, you enjoy. Football is all about ups and downs. It's never a rainbow ride, ask Man Utd and Lpool fans. ASK NOTTINGHAM FOREST fans, Rangers fans. At least you had the decency to not reknew your ticket and let someone else have a chance to support the Club they love.
Someone said earlier, AW cannot control a Szceszny shank, Sagna's highschool antics of waiting for a whistle instead of chasing down the fucker and putting the ball out of play. TV slipped, it happens. Their goalie stooped down to pull off to brilliant saves. It happens in football. Everyone, from supporters, to the players just need to get on with it.
And before anyone says, this is a level-headed post. I had my rant last night. This is my analysis of everything, the game, the Club, this forum...
That is all.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:59 am

Mario you still havent told us where your from with your fine use of London slang !???

*geezer

McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by coopsdm Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 am

McCarthyofcourse!! wrote:
For the record I would take in a heartbeat - Ancellotti, Guardiola, Rogers, Moyes, Hiddink to name a few

So out of your list of replacments for Wenger we have 2 realistic possibilities and 3 names that wont happen in a month of Sundays.

And there in lies the heart of the problem and why a change will never happen unless Wenger decides to move of his own accord.

How can you replace the man that has built the club in his own image?

If we wanted to remove Wenger then it needed to happen whilst he was still doing a good job. Now you have a situation where the top name wont come because we're not a top club anymore. Why would a top manager come when there is every chance that there is actually no money to spend...... so we're caught between a rock and a hard place ... Stick with what you know or jump to something that might actually be less.

It's the same with players. Clubs outside Champions league always struggle to attract top names unless there is money and the prospect of trophies.

The only thing that we can hope now as a club is that UEFA really do implement Financial Fair Play in the way that they have said they will ....... otherwise it could be a long time before we see the glory days return. In terms of managment, players and silverwear.
coopsdm
coopsdm
Trainee

http://www.idsports.net

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:08 am

Duncan I disagree... Ancellotti has already said he would be interested in Arsenal , Guardiola has hinted he might not be longterm in charge of Barca and Hiddink of course would be a realistic option for a club of our size !!

And how can we replace a man that has built the club in his own image ?

Well Chelsea did it with Mourihno, the only difference is Mourihno knew how to adapt and win things...

We are still a top club of course we are... look at us off the pitch we are the only big club to still retain a profit season after season ...
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:17 am

Ancelloti? And what? Play boring football? Pep, he's only proven with an unlimited supply of cash. Mourinho, same story, mercenary in the world of managers... He didn't adapt, he had an owner buying all the best players. Guus Hiddink? Seriously!? I would rather play exciting football, have us financially stable than have a manager who starts pushing us into debt or claims the board has his hands tied and have us playing out 1-0 s...
hahahahahahah McCarthy, Conan of the Internet.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next