Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injuries

+12
Mario
Jason Morrison
Jenks1981
eyal.peer
Jonathan Prendergast
Mike York
janelle.noel
Stephen Mitchell
Michael Foster
Graham Edward Denton
Sami Rockfeller
ralph avedikian
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Injuries Empty Injuries

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 pm

I just saw pictures of training on the Arsenal web site, and the last 3 were Andre Santos. Does this mean he will be back earlier than expected ? Is there any update on his ''3 months'' recovery time ?

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Injuries Empty Re: Injuries

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 am

He's probably out of his cast and running around but don't think it means he'll return any sooner.

What has happened to Jenkinson? He was supposed to be out for 3 weeks and yet its been 3 months and still no word of him.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Edward Denton Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:00 pm

I haven't posted in a while but for some reason knew there would already be an injury thread already. Only Arsenal...well here's some more shit news:

the BFG has confirmed ligament damage in his ankle. The extent is unknown but he went home on crutches. http://www.kissmyarsenal.co.uk/news_story.php?id=82390 oh, oh to be....sure glad gibbs and santos returning.
Graham Edward Denton
Graham Edward Denton
Youth Team

http://nuccachiropractic.wordpress.com/     has a good descrpiti

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:22 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:He's probably out of his cast and running around but don't think it means he'll return any sooner.

What has happened to Jenkinson? He was supposed to be out for 3 weeks and yet its been 3 months and still no word of him.

Was beginning to forget we had jenks in our squad...as you said no news of him....I had a search online and found no news what so ever...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:04 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/13/per-mertesacker-injury-miss-month

Seems like just over a month. If this is true it's a blow, but could have been worse, I guess.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:20 am

Mert came to us with this dodgy ankle?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17031609

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:29 pm

http://football-talk.co.uk/59639/koscielny-injury-update-defender-confirms-positive-news/

If this is correct, then Kos will probably miss the cup game at the weekend but could be back next week. Potentially very good news.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:02 pm

He will be a miss in the cup but Sunderland don't have too many strikers right now. If he is fit for Spurs it'd be a huge boost.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:04 am

Per out for "long term". He's had surgery now Neutral

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:53 am

No Euro for him I'm guessing...sad news.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:12 am

Can Arsenal sue Sunderland for all medical expenses & loss in income resulting from Mertesacker's injury?

The pitch was unplayable.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:38 am

eyal.peer wrote:Can Arsenal sue Sunderland for all medical expenses & loss in income resulting from Mertesacker's injury?

Massive lol at this comment, have you ever seen a bad pitch? I doubt it with comments like that.

I would have been very interested to see how Mertesacker would have done against Ibra and Milan, im not saying it would have been better but it could have been.

Koscielny being a short term loss is good, Djourou really worries me these days and quite frankly on merit id rather see Song drop back and give Coquelin a chance in his natural position than play Djourou at the moment.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:39 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
eyal.peer wrote:Can Arsenal sue Sunderland for all medical expenses & loss in income resulting from Mertesacker's injury?

Massive lol at this comment, have you ever seen a bad pitch? I doubt it with comments like that.

I would have been very interested to see how Mertesacker would have done against Ibra and Milan, im not saying it would have been better but it could have been.

Koscielny being a short term loss is good, Djourou really worries me these days and quite frankly on merit id rather see Song drop back and give Coquelin a chance in his natural position than play Djourou at the moment.

Smile

Of course there are worse pitches, I don't doubt that. The question (which was just asked out of judicial curiosity more than actually expecting a football team to do that) applies to those as well. What pitch is bad enough to be considered unplayable?
When is the risk for player injury purely due to the pitch not warranted?
That's what I'm aiming at. Not necessarily for this pitch and team.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 am

I have said for years there should be some kind of standards set for pitch quality...if arsenal can have a pitch looking as good as we have done at the Emirates and Highbury for so long surly other teams can at least get to within 80% of it...and if not make them lay artificial ones,it's right in saying tho...a bad pitch will have its injury +%

I have for one seen a lad break his leg in a Sunday league game by landing in a divert on a poorly maintained surface...ok I know it's Sunday league but its no different regarding injuries...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:03 am

It would never be allowed to come about suing a team for injury suffered on a field of play...
Could you imagine united or city playing some lower division team in the FA cup and Rooney or aguero snapping a leg...
' I do believe you owe us £15.000.000 for the loss of player'

Kiss goodbye to that club.....

Last edited by Michael Foster on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:21 am

Michael Foster wrote:I have said for years there should be some kind of standards set for pitch quality...if arsenal can have a pitch looking as good as we have done at the Emirates and Highbury for so long surly other teams can at least get to within 80% of it...and if not make them lay artificial ones,it's right in saying tho...a bad pitch will have its injury +%

I have for one seen a lad break his leg in a Sunday league game by landing in a divert on a poorly maintained surface...ok I know it's Sunday league but its no different regarding injuries...

I think the issue is that in some cases certain clubs don't see it as in their interests to keep a pitch well-maintained. Additionally, Emirates is a hard ideal for others to live up to - our facilities are state of the art, and I imagine a key reason for that is our style of play (also because we can afford it). Didn't one of the PL teams a couple of years ago not even have undersoil heating? It's particularly hard for teams that rise from lower leagues to the Premier in a v. short period of time (ie. Blackpool or Wigan).

Agreed though. It's not nice to have to play on so many shocking pitches over and over again.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:15 am

Stephen Mitchell wrote:

I think the issue is that in some cases certain clubs don't see it as in their interests to keep a pitch well-maintained. Additionally, Emirates is a hard ideal for others to live up to - our facilities are state of the art, and I imagine a key reason for that is our style of play (also because we can afford it). Didn't one of the PL teams a couple of years ago not even have undersoil heating? It's particularly hard for teams that rise from lower leagues to the Premier in a v. short period of time (ie. Blackpool or Wigan).

Agreed though. It's not nice to have to play on so many shocking pitches over and over again.

Agreed....I see a report on sky sports news a month or so ago talking about the state of pitches and while I agree that some clubs could simply not afford it it should be something that becomes mandatory...for something that is only used for only one thing...playing football on and as its football clubs it should be well kept...not only that but jokingly how many time have you been to an average ground and looked at the pitch and thought 'what a shithole'

Put it this way if I was a player stepping out onto a well maintained pitch every week 'our interests are close to heart' would spring to mind...extra little morale boost..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:14 pm

According to his official website, Johan
Djourou has a muscle tear in his right thigh
and could be out of action for as much as a
month.
Undoubtedly the not-at-all-predictable
and highly witty will chip in with comments
such as ‘Good’ and ‘He’s shit’ but while his
recent form has been poor, it’s worth
remembering we now only have two fit
senior centre-halves, and Thomas
Vermaelen is carrying an knock after
Sunday’s merciless pounding of Sp*rs.
Per Mertesacker is out for the season with
an ankle injury while Sebastian Squillaci has
fractured his spirit in eight different places.
With 12 league games still to go it’s a lot to
ask of Koscielny and Vermaelen to stay fit
for all of them, especially as Koscielny is
also being nursed through a minor injury
himself.
With Francis Coquelin and Aaron Ramsey
out injured the option of moving Alex Song
back to centre-half is not as obvious as it
might be, leaving the manager only with
young Spaniard Ignasi Miquel to call on if
he needs cover.
Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, he
has impressed me this season and even
when played out of position at left back he
has done well, but considering how crucial
each game is, the more fully fit players we
have in the squad the better.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/02/djourou-out-for-a-month/

So that leaves us with just Kos as a senior fit defender if TV is out??
WTF...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Arsenal’s German Centre-back Per Mertesacker has confirmed on his personal website that all is going to plan with his recovery from ankle surgery.

Mertesacker suffered ligament damage during last month’s 2-1 victory at Sunderland and was expected to be sidelined for the rest of the season.

The German also revealed that, he follows all Arsenal games at home and it makes him feel like a fan once again.

“I can report that all’s going pretty well for me, to be more precise: for my ankle. I was able to put aside the crutches relatively quickly

“I’m able to walk rather normally thanks to a custom-made boot and a splint that prevents the ankle from twisting. The condition has become more and more stable by the day, so I’m quite light on my feet.

“The ankle is still swollen, but since I’m walking daily more and more fluid is being, so to speak, “lymph drained”. I’m really happy about that.”

“It’s only when we get to the phase of placing load on the foot that we’ll be able to see what we’re looking at, in terms of the length of the lay-off.”

“As you can imagine, the Champions League game was torture. And on Sunday it didn’t look good for half an hour or so. But then I thought: wow, that’s some cool club – they are turning it around!

“I almost felt like in the old days, when I followed Arsenal from a distance and felt like a fan: “This is a great club!” I am really proud of being part of a team that is capable of putting in a performance like that.

“I’m already looking forward to being back in London next week (to watch the Milan second-leg), because it is annoying – especially in your first season – to be away from the team on account of an injury. You want to spend as much time as possible with your new team-mates.”

http://arsenalghana.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/per-mertesacker-reveals-injury-situation/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Morning Gooners. Arsene Wenger has given an update on Jack Wilshere’s recovery from an ankle injury today, claiming he’s hopeful to have the midfielder back before the end of the season.

Wilshere has been a huge miss for us this season and is yet to make an appearance due to his troublesome ankle injury, which he aggravated during a pre-season friendly against the New York Red Bulls.

The 20-year-old was initially only meant to be sidelined for a couple of months but the injury was worse than first feared and he was ruled out until February. And just as Jack was close to making a first team comeback, he suffered a set back and it was feared he could miss the entire season.

But Wenger is quoted by Sky Sports News today as saying the latest scan was positive and Wilshere is ready to start jogging again, and while he hopes to have Jack back before the end of the season, the boss stressed we have to be very cautious with him.

“We have good news but Jack isn’t close to a comeback,” said Wenger.

“The last scan was good and he can start to jog again so he is on the way back but we have to be very cautious with him.

“I hope to have him back before the end of the season, but we go step by step.”

It would be great to see Jack make an appearance before the end of the season but let’s make sure we only bring him back when he’s 100% fit and don’t needlessly rush him back in to action.

http://football-talk.co.uk/60338/jack-wilshere-injury-latest-wenger-reveals-positive-news/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 am

Philippe Auclair ‏ @PhilippeAuclair
OK, in English: Diaby, minor hamstring problem, out for 2-3 weeks.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:09 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Philippe Auclair ‏ @PhilippeAuclair
OK, in English: Diaby, minor hamstring problem, out for 2-3 weeks.

What a surprise. He comes back after a long lay off, plays 25mins and is out for a few weeks. I don't think he'll ever be fit to last a whole season, at least not with us.
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:12 am

not really a surprise after such a long lay off. specifically with diaby, he always seems to pick up niggles after long lay offs which continue to set him back. when is his contract up?

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

Chris Chan wrote:not really a surprise after such a long lay off. specifically with diaby, he always seems to pick up niggles after long lay offs which continue to set him back. when is his contract up?

Sarcasm, Chris. I don't think Diaby's injury layoffs surprises anyone. He signed a long term contract in January 2010, however long that is.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/diaby-signs-new-long-term-contract-at-arsenal
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:55 am

Assan Touray wrote:
Chris Chan wrote:not really a surprise after such a long lay off. specifically with diaby, he always seems to pick up niggles after long lay offs which continue to set him back. when is his contract up?

Sarcasm, Chris. I don't think Diaby's injury layoffs surprises anyone. He signed a long term contract in January 2010, however long that is.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/diaby-signs-new-long-term-contract-at-arsenal

yeah i know, my reply wasnt aimed at anyone. long term is probably 4 or 5 years which means we cant offload him...

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum