Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match

Post by ralph avedikian on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:51 am

I don't think anyone is writing Ramsey off. He is a great talent to have and will become a very important player for us, but at the moment Rosicky offers us much much more and he is the better player (right now) so he should start every big game for us till the end of the season at least.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match

Post by Samritpal Singh on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:53 am

John Foxall wrote:Cesc role to be renamed the Rosicky role as he has confirmed that he is the only player in the squad able to play this role well. Today confirmed that it was a mistake to reinstate Ramsey against Bolton. I like Ramsey, but he's not able to play the advanced midfield role at the moment, so perhaps at the most he could be a good substitute, taking advantage of his excellent work rate for example.

Agreed, very much.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:08 am

i think ramsay just isn't fit enough yet, it'll take him awhile yet to get that back following his injury.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:15 am

As Chris says, it makes sense. Rosicky has years of experience as a playmaker. He's clearly not the same player we signed but this is the best he's looked since his 18 months out. I think it's partly by accident that hes proved himself to be so important. We know that AW can't wait to get a new young player involved and he's clearly commited to Wilshere, Ramsey, the Ox, Koscielny, Coquelin etc, but at the same time he's got a potentially decisive player in Rosicky in the squad who, when fit, can use all of his talent and experience to help us improve.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:22 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Evan Mullins wrote:I'd argue that Ramsey hasn't really hit form at all this season. He's been decidedly mediocre.

No you've all got such short memories, Ramsey has plenty of assists from where he has been playing, he is no Fabregas granted but he has been effective, he has also got on the end of alot of chances but has been unlucky at times not to score. He can be alot better I agree, but to see has been mediocre all season is a tad unfair in my eyes, all im saying is dont write him off this is his first full season here and he can and will only get better!
I fully agree with your second sentence, but I think despite his first three assists at the start of the season which came in quick succession, he hasn't added much to that, and he is not scoring goals because his finishing needs working on, not because he is being unlucky.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:30 am

I don't think anyone is writing Ramsey off. But:
a) it was far easier to come into the team playing as one of Fabregas' lieutenants in midfield. This surely helped both Ramsey and Wilshere to settle in.
b) you have to be really efficient in the 'Cesc role'. Ramsey was doing some good things, but giving the ball away quite a lot, which upset our rhythm and offered the opposition more counter-attack opportunities.
c) at this stage of the season an experienced, composed playmaker is essential. Ramsey can still be used cleverly in the remaining matches this season, but Rosicky's contribution is far more likely (judging on recent matches) to be decisive.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:05 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Evan Mullins wrote:I'd argue that Ramsey hasn't really hit form at all this season. He's been decidedly mediocre.

No you've all got such short memories, Ramsey has plenty of assists from where he has been playing, he is no Fabregas granted but he has been effective, he has also got on the end of alot of chances but has been unlucky at times not to score. He can be alot better I agree, but to see has been mediocre all season is a tad unfair in my eyes, all im saying is dont write him off this is his first full season here and he can and will only get better!
Jenks, you take me the wrong way. Ramsey has been good in patches, but someone as talented as he is I expect more. But he is young so I give him the benefit of the doubt, unlike Arshavin. I just think on current form you have to start Rosicky over him. It's not a slight on Ramsey, he just isn't as effective as Rosicky in that role right now.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vijay Saibola on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:21 am

I am shocked and lost for words at this result. We probably will go next 5 games without scoring.... Well well, leaving the negativity aside, great result and am just happy for today!

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 am

Well what a day....just spent a good 11 hours moving house...

Just laid back in the bath to check the results of today and BAM!!
7-1 where did that come from!?!?! Happy days all round....not seen anything of the game but motd is gonna be a blinder!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sbell on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 am

I Froze my ar*e off today at the game!! but boy was it worth it .....Now watching all over again (MOTD) ....goosebumps!!! ....happy days.. I love you I love you

sbell
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 am

I don't want to poop on the parade, but this was against a weak and struggling Blackburn side. They were missing their main goal scoring threat, and I believe two of their starting defenders were out as well. Then got a red card in the first half.

What was nice to see was Rosicky's and Song's passing cutting open their defense. And hopefully this will be a huge boost of confidence.

Oh, and don't pay attention to what Jenks says. You do know that he's John Terry, right?
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 am

Just seen the goals..boy Theo has his work cut out BIG time to match the ox!!!
Glad to see nothing but absolute carnage for Blackburn...
Will have to download the whole game to watch at some point...

Smile
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 am

No pooping on this parade

It might as well been a struggling team but if we had one by 3 fair enough...
we hammered amd walked in 7...it takes a lot to do that same as it took it for united against us...different teams I know bit still a hard and well responded team effort to pull it off...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:05 am

Honestly, the team we put out against United would have gotten hammered if they played against the team we put out today. It was brilliant play all around. Also Pedersen's goal was quality as well.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sbell on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 am

We needed that win!!!......sure Blackburn not a great side ......The Ox was immense.....Deserved those goals..... Great for Confidence.... and the feel good factor alone

sbell
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:29 pm

the team needs to kick on from this result. the top teams all play each other around now and we need to capitalise. We also need a game where we win without RVP scoring, it has been far too long.

That is not saying I want to see RVP cease this run of form (40 in 41...sick!!) but we need to stop relying on one guy

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:37 pm

"That is not saying I want to see RVP cease this run of form (40 in 41...sick!!) but we need to stop relying on one guy"

Yes, chamakh is back.

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Dan Hakim wrote:I don't want to poop on the parade, but this was against a weak and struggling Blackburn side. They were missing their main goal scoring threat, and I believe two of their starting defenders were out as well. Then got a red card in the first half.

What was nice to see was Rosicky's and Song's passing cutting open their defense. And hopefully this will be a huge boost of confidence.

Oh, and don't pay attention to what Jenks says. You do know that he's John Terry, right?

I dont look anything like him, mean.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:57 pm

You do... A combo of Terry and Bendtner... It's freaking me out.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:14 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Dan Hakim wrote:I don't want to poop on the parade, but this was against a weak and struggling Blackburn side. They were missing their main goal scoring threat, and I believe two of their starting defenders were out as well. Then got a red card in the first half.

You do, and your current picture confirms it.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:

You do, and your current picture confirms it.

Haha I have to agree, thats John Terry to the tee.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:I can understand where people are coming from with Walcott, but three assists you cannot argue with. Firstly, his presence scares defenders, his pace enables the throughballs to be viable, he does make good runs, he then stuck the right ball to the goalscorers. Thats what he is there to do, he is never going to be the player you all want him to be, he is however, a direct threat and if he produced crosses and runs like he did today he is a weapon, no doubt in my eyes.

You sir, are sensible. Walcott's never going to be this amazing player who steals the show. But he is a player who knows how to cut apart defenses and provide goals.

farao

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:I can understand where people are coming from with Walcott, but three assists you cannot argue with. Firstly, his presence scares defenders, his pace enables the throughballs to be viable, he does make good runs, he then stuck the right ball to the goalscorers. Thats what he is there to do, he is never going to be the player you all want him to be, he is however, a direct threat and if he produced crosses and runs like he did today he is a weapon, no doubt in my eyes.

You sir, are sensible. Walcott's never going to be this amazing player who steals the show. But he is a player who knows how to cut apart defenses and provide goals.

farao

So True! All our frustrations and saying he's overrated, and he needs to bench etc. comes in part from us making him out to be something he can't be/is not. Let him go about doing what he's good at, it does provide a threat. Might not be breathtaking but simple and effective.

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:47 am

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/02/robin-honestly-loves-theo/

Robin van Persie’s goalscoring feats are well known to everyone at this stage. In his last 41 league games he’s scored a remarkable 40 goals*.

His hat-trick on Saturday included two assists from Theo Walcott, meaning 10 of Walcott’s last 11 assists have been for the Dutchman*. Yet while the skipper has spoken before about how much he enjoys getting on the end of Theo’s passes, he reckons there’s more to come from his Action Man haired chum in terms of scoring goals.

Walcott has been criticised recently for some sloppy finishing and wayward shooting, but van Persie believes there’s more to come in front of goal.

“I love him, I honestly love him,” Van Persie said.

“Theo was sharp, he was playing fantastically and, like anyone, he misses chances – but I miss chances. Ronaldo misses chances, Messi misses chances. It is life, you know.

“Sometimes I feel that people are a bit harsh on him. I don’t know why. If you look at his assists rate then it is unbelievable.

“Theo will score. Trust me, he will score. He will get 20 goals at least every season. You will see. He will, trust me. Have faith in him.”

Arseblog News would never try to suggest we know more about the game, or one of his teammates, than Robin van Persie, but 20 goal a season Theo, every season, would surprise us. In a very nice way, we’re happy to admit.

Right now, we’d settle for a bit better in front of goal Theo. Let’s do this step by step.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 am

Everyone mentions RVPs pretty unprecedented run of goals, but in a strange way I also think he is one of our best (if not best) creative players too... his pass to Chamberlain for his 1st goal was wonderful. If only we had one RVP to thread the balls through, one to get on the end of them...
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next